Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Armed Assault 2: the DF of FPS, OFP2, PR, AA, CoD:MW2 realism fps!  (Read 5413 times)

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Armed Assault 2: the DF of FPS, OFP2, PR, AA, CoD:MW2 realism fps!
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2009, 12:22:22 pm »

The problem is not with the more tactical style of the game but with the fact that everything on the technical side is simply non-functional. For example the skeet shooting in the tutorial was plain impossible, not because aiming at flying plates takes any planning but because some idiot at BIS forgot to code the hit detection for the thing. And don't tell me i just missed, it was right in the middle of the crosshairs and it still ignored my bullets. When shooting prone enemies, they continue to return fire for several seconds(even though i hit them in the head(as in; the red decal appearing on their face) with a .50BMG from less then 30 yards away), get up and THEN fall over. For an ULTRA REALISTIC SUPER SIMULATOR i expect that having 800 grains of lead embedded in the frontal brain lobes at 882 m/s to at least have some effect on accuracy.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Mr. Boh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2009, 01:19:37 pm »

There could be a couple of reasons why you couldn't hit the clay targets, but I think that you may not be getting the authentic experience. You pirated a game that's designed to break itself when you pirate it. Part of what FADE does is mess with the accuracy.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2009, 02:22:51 am »

There could be a couple of reasons why you couldn't hit the clay targets, but I think that you may not be getting the authentic experience. You pirated a game that's designed to break itself when you pirate it. Part of what FADE does is mess with the accuracy.

I had a crack and fade is not supposed to go into effect for a few hours. This was the first 5 minutes of gameplay. Reading the official forums, there are either a lot of pirates without working cracks, or the game is just a buggy mess. Given my experience with tiny studios attempting to make the BEST GAME EVER in any given genre, I'm more inclined to the latter.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2009, 03:07:23 am »

Played the demo.  Didn't really seem hard to hit things.  Seeing them on the other hand was something totally different.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2009, 01:11:10 pm »

Played the demo... and I somewhat loved it. Framerate is nice on ultrahigh, because they opted for lag instead of jitter :D

Unplayable, really. And I just can't play on shitty settings since I already saw how good it can look  :-\

MT0uch

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2009, 02:07:38 pm »

I really love this game, and there's a lot of mods in development at the moment...

Ya'll would probably like Chernarus Life when it goes live (which should be soon) - it's basically a GTA/RPG mod for ARMA2.

It's all player driven and there's a lot to do;

play a cop and keep the civilians safe, be a criminal (rob the bank - actually takes player money, run drugs, kidnap, mug people etc), play a terrorist, manufacture weapons/bombs/cars/helicopters/equipment/luxury items, invest in shops and workers, play a harvester (mining, lumberjacking, fishing etc etc), or even form gangs/companies.

There's a literal ton of things to do, and the game is almost completely driven by the players (aside from a couple shops).

There's open-beta weekends almost every week so check it out here http://rp-mods.com/Forum/wbb/

If you want the milsim feeling check out the Charlie Foxtrot server here... http://cfarma2.com/

128 player battles with a command/military structure (though it's not  enforced roleplay or anything - too pretentious and ineffective in games IMO) - once a week tournament based on a scenario - if you take an airfield week one you get to have it at the start next week and such. Scenario's last for about a month usually.

All free of course, as long as you have ARMA2..
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 02:14:38 pm by MT0uch »

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2009, 04:01:22 pm »

So I just got my hands on a pirated version and the main menu, yes, the main menu! makes my GPU choke! ON THE LOWEST POSSIBLE SETTINGS!

It runs on literally 5 FPS and freezes every 2 seconds!
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2009, 04:56:26 pm »

What kind of specs You have? Geforce 4MX and P2?
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2009, 06:26:24 am »

Hey, I know my PC isn't AMAZINGLY AWESOME, but it's no old piece of crap either.

nVidia 8600 GT 512MB VRAM.

E4500 2.2 GHz dual core.

2GB of RAM.

Should be enough.

But really, I don't think it's my hardware at fault here. Considering it runs the same no matter what settings I pick. Other than that, it looks better than Crysis.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2009, 03:35:32 pm »

That processor will prob need upgrading soon. ArmA2 is one of the few games where quad core really shines or having a higher end core2duo or extremely/equally powerful AMD chip really helps.

Using the editor to create a battle with hundreds of units firing/avoiding fire/moving at the same time lags my computer :/ And it's a monster- core2duo E8500 @ 4.0 ghz.

I'm getting an i7 build soon though. Just need motherboard and RAM.

So I figured out how to get AI to come in a helo, pick my squad up, move us to a destination, and actually drop us off before giving us fire support (instead of the usual trying to kill anti-air and getting your entire squad killed inside)

It's particularly epic when helos around you are spinning out of control and you end up having to bail in a parachute over enemy held territory.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2009, 03:56:45 pm »

lol, I have a single core.  Even at the lowest settings it chokes when I'm not doing anything.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]