Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Suggestion: Bones, internal bleeding  (Read 773 times)

Sithlordz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Suggestion: Bones, internal bleeding
« on: June 02, 2009, 09:25:25 am »

Attacking someone in unarmed combat should have a chance of snapping one of their limbs, if you attack it especially hard.  Say, instead of landing 4 or 5 hits on someone's left arm, you break it with a jump-kick.  It might send them into shock (groaning, soiling self), immobilizing the C in question.  If it doesn't shock them, breaking an arm should probably lower the accuracy of attacks, or if it's a leg, stop them from running away.  Plus, if you break someone's bones/ribs, you should have a chance of causing internal bleeding or rupturing an organ if it's a rib, which will bring about their death just a little bit faster.  Either that, or when a C is immobilized, you should stop attacking their limbs and beat them to death.  It doesn't make much sense attacking someone's limbs when they're already cowering on the floor, as far as I can tell it has no effect.
You are sentenced to 2477 consecutive life terms.  Have a nice day.

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion: Bones, internal bleeding
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 10:09:01 am »

This would still make it ridiculously easy for the Conservatives to take down Liberals if it goes both ways. Conservatives are often "blessed" with a whole lot of combat skill, agility and strength.

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 12:56:02 pm »

Maybe this could happen if you don't take care of injured liberals.
LCS developer, insomniac, writer.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 01:43:06 pm »

can some times bones pop up and can be put back inplace back at base or after the same fight.
puting them back is based on med skill
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG