Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I believe I have accidentally spawned hell.  (Read 4102 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
I believe I have accidentally spawned hell.
« on: June 02, 2009, 04:30:08 am »

I was playing with the world gen today and decided to try screwing with the history seed. I input the seed as being 1 and let it run for 10,000 years on a smaller map. I'm still reading through the legends, trying to piece together exactly what happened in those primordial years, but heres what I know.

first, in the beginning, there was a war between dragons and demons in which the other races got swept up. Dozens of wars flared before a lone elf killed and then devoured the lead demon, who was being worshiped as a god. From there it appears that the rest of civilization collapsed, leading to the conquering of the world by elves.

For 9,900 years now its been the age of the elf. As soon As I unravel the series of events that lead to this disaster, I will begin to undo it, one forest retreat at a time.

Note, this is all with an unmodded game. 

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
Re: I believe I have accidentally spawned hell.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 04:36:25 am »

WOAH.

Please, write the events of this tale in journal form from the point of view of your character(s).

It shall be an epic remembered for all times.

Or at least until the next Lanternwebs update (OHCRAPOHCRAPOHCRAP GET WORKING ON THOSE PICTURES WORKERDRONE) comes along.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 05:18:28 am »

WOAH.

Please, write the events of this tale in journal form from the point of view of your character(s).

It shall be an epic remembered for all times.

Or at least until the next Lanternwebs update (OHCRAPOHCRAPOHCRAP GET WORKING ON THOSE PICTURES WORKERDRONE) comes along.
It will be interesting, considering the other races are actually extinct. I'll have to be a genocidal elf with intense self loathing for his race. I'll get on it, but first I want to give some background, set the story as it were.

Entry 1
I find myself disgusted by my own kin, by their constant self righteousness and infuriating egocentric lifestyles.  As I study the history of our world, I find myself drawn to a single figure by the name of Iki Ibelini. As a child he was taken from his parents and raised amongst goblins, one of the few remaining races from the genocides of old. They groomed him to be a champion, and a champion he truely became. He survived countless wars, killed nearly 200 of my oh so self indulgent brethren on his own and finally died in battle at the age of 143. Much to my surprise I found that the woman who had killed him was only 12 at the time she did so, and further more, she still lived. By now she was almost 10,000 years old and yet, beyond one of Iki's companions, she had not killed a single creature since.

Her time on this earth has well since passed and her cowardice will do her no favor in my eyes. Iwethi blazepanted, that miserable whelp, will die for killing Iki. I shall kill her and her daughter, and her daughter's children, and their children and their children. I will wipe their linage from the face of his earth along with any who stand in my way. My kind gained its place here on the blood of the other species, its time they too taste the cold, ruthless, inexorable jaws of genocide crushing their windpipe. 

How I shall delight in their screams.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 07:19:25 am »

So how exactly do you get a demon leader? Or that "Age Demons/Elfves/Three Forces/wathever"?
Is ist just totally random, or dou you have to change some parameters?

And where in Legends mode do you look, for such interesting events?

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 09:24:42 am »

bleh. stupid elves zerging everything.

maybe start a few forts, unleash some more demons on the world. use a normal 40d version of the game, and the tweak utility to embark with a retarded number of dwarves in a few places, make yourself some nice weapons and serrated adamantium throwing discs, then abandon. you need tweak because you wont get migrants. the wandering groups of dwarves, given time, may restart their race. tweak lets you start with as many start points as you want, so give them all good gear and weapons proficiencies, and add in some high end weaponsmiths to make better stuff. if you murder some elf caravans you will even make them at war with the elves. and on abandon for at least a few forts dont succumb to HFS, as im pretty sure that leaves the survivors as melancholy slime covered zombies.

after you have some armed dwarves wandering around you can go find them as your one genocidal elf and recruit a whole hoard of "ancient" dwarves who have just awoken from an aeons long slumber to find their once grand civilization is nothing but dust on the wind. i think a play now character may even start off as a dwarf at your last abandoned fort, which gives you options to continue your insanity if your original elf messiah fails in his quest. after your done with tweak you can put the save into a 40d11 game without any trouble. you may also be able to create a fort then reclaim, that may also leave a reasonable number of armed dwarves around although tweak gives you more options.

whether you add dwarves in again or not, i shall read this with interest.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 01:11:07 pm »

Entry 2
I have set out on my travels, training myself for the coming battles. My first destination was the goblin tower of Shindevil, the ancient home of my kindred spirit, Iki. I hoped for some sign of his existence here, yet I found nothing more then an abandoned ruin on the verge of disintegration. Even as I came upon the remains of the once great civilization the dust of a collapse hung heavy in the air. Dispite maps showing this settlement as claimed by my people it is abandoned, inhabited only by a handful of verminmen. If ever there were engravings or records of any kind within these buildings they have long since been destroyed. Its a disappointment, but not unexpected, considering my kind's genocidal nature.

I continued on to the Dwarven fortress of Agedchambers, the only remaining dwarven settlement. It too was conqured long ago and its citizens purged along with its history. Not a single engraving exists, nor any artifacts of the past. It seems that where my race goes it leaves only tombs behind.

My search for Iki's killer continues.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 01:32:31 pm by piecewise »

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 03:18:35 pm »

Upload your world, so that i may incarnate armok and purge the elves from existance.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 05:20:31 pm »

Upload your world, so that i may incarnate armok and purge the elves from existance.

How exactly do I do that once I've left the world gen screen? I know how to do it then, but right now I'm not sure

Vilien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 05:25:54 pm »

Upload the save folder, or alternatively, the game folder.

Lord_Frodo

• Bay Watcher
  • The crazy in the corner
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2009, 05:32:12 pm »

preferably the game folder if you have done any modding.
Even the cutest things can be endearing when on fire. ~ Cajoes
GENERATION 26:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2009, 06:12:53 pm »

preferably the game folder if you have done any modding.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I7TP17J8

Modded in a few adventurers, but you'll more then likely never see them.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2009, 10:27:42 pm »

Entry 3
I’ve killed my first one! Oh how magnificent it was! Her name was Ave Cobracrux, a simple traveler who I chanced upon in the woods. She looked so surprised as the blade sunk right into her sternum, piercing her lungs and heart in a single strike. She managed a few steps before collapsing to the ground in a gurgling heap. As she bled to death I ignited the ground around her, watching gleefully as her body vanished into the flames.  Rain came down soon after, extinguishing the remaining fire, allowing me to claim the ultimate prize in Ave’s skull. I shall cherish it always, or at least until I have the chance to gather the bones of Iki’s killer.

After this first killing I found it easier, the nervousness I had fades into sheer joy at the prospect of killing more. I found a peasant, who’s name I didn’t bother to ask, and delighted in breaking every joint in her body. She passed out quickly, a mixed blessing I suppose. While it makes my work easier, it makes it significantly less entertaining. Her screams hurt my ears in a way that makes me giddy even now. I lit the body on fire to hide the evidence, though I fear that I may have already been found out by my kin. Well never mind then, let them come! I’ll teach them the meaning of poetic irony. Perhaps I can engrave something pithy on the druid’s skull. 

a.random.persona

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2009, 11:49:30 pm »

Ive been genning and genning looking for an elven civ run by a demon. maybe thats impossible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2009, 12:14:22 am »

Ive been genning and genning looking for an elven civ run by a demon. maybe thats impossible.
The demon lead a dark fortress but was struck down and eatten by an elf.

a.random.persona

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2009, 02:27:25 am »

The demon lead a dark fortress but was struck down and eatten by an elf.
Yeah demons lead dark fortresses but I wanna find at least one elf who is worshipping/following a demon. Might be impossible as elves love wooden stuff.
Pages: [1] 2