Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So I finished Knights of the Old Republic 2  (Read 1336 times)

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
So I finished Knights of the Old Republic 2
« on: June 01, 2009, 06:24:24 pm »

And I want to say, so should you. Play both of them. After so long of being convinced that every product with the Star Wars IP was going to be a completely trite, brainless shooter/slasher, Knights of The Old Republic has proven that the source material doesn't matter as long as the writers are good.

It strikes me that the Third Party products surrounding Star Wars are vastly superior to the First Party products. It really stood out in the second game, where for the most part you believe you are fighting against two completely trite, unthinking enemies with no real personal motivations other than 'I am evil', utterly emblematic of the typical Star Wars, teenage power fantasy bad-guy, until the twist.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 06:39:01 pm by Ampersand »
!!&!!

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So I finished Knights of the Old Republic 2
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 06:37:28 pm »

I really like the first one, and frankly I still want to buy a copy, but they can kiss my hairy ass, asking for 30 bucks, those fuckers.

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 03:02:37 am »

$30? I paid 30 or less for a Star Wars Best of PC pack that came with KoToR 1 and 4 other games.

Surely the sequel can't still be $30?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 04:19:23 am »

They're both good (played 2 first, then 1, don't ask). Shame about all that cut content in 2. I think there's a Let's Play where you can see all the cut content.

Btw, have you seen the new SWTOR (the kotor mmo) trailer? It's one of the best trailers I've ever seen. (Well, for awhile atleast.)

http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6210694/?tag=top_stories;play_btn;15
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 06:41:27 am »

$30? I paid 30 or less for a Star Wars Best of PC pack that came with KoToR 1 and 4 other games.

Best part: I'm not even talking about the sequel.

Over here, no chance to get kotor 1 or 2 in any sort of budget pack.

Part 1 = 30 Euro
Part 2 = 20 Euro.

Because they know which part is better. Assholes.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 08:04:09 am »

They're both good (played 2 first, then 1, don't ask). Shame about all that cut content in 2. I think there's a Let's Play where you can see all the cut content.

Btw, have you seen the new SWTOR (the kotor mmo) trailer? It's one of the best trailers I've ever seen. (Well, for awhile atleast.)

That was a really nice trailer.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 10:33:21 am »

Best part: I'm not even talking about the sequel.

Over here, no chance to get kotor 1 or 2 in any sort of budget pack.

Part 1 = 30 Euro
Part 2 = 20 Euro.

Because they know which part is better. Assholes.

I wouldn't say that the first is better, but the second makes much more sense in the context of the first.
!!&!!

Croquantes

• Bay Watcher
  • Essence of Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 02:13:12 pm »

What the hell was the bounty hunter doing? Who was she killing? I'm so confused!

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 04:55:31 pm »

As far as I could figure, probably something to do with why the drop ship wasn't blown out of the sky.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-star-wars/49936?type=flv Also, same trailer in HD.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 05:02:08 pm by Ampersand »
!!&!!

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2009, 05:23:46 pm »

What the hell was the bounty hunter doing? Who was she killing? I'm so confused!
Looked like she was taking out republic troopers on the behalf of the Sith