Advanced search  

Author Topic: What.  (Read 1123 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
What.
« on: June 01, 2009, 06:11:22 pm »

So, I started a dwarf wrestler. I was Traveling when I say a three bar symbol(like an iron bar) and I traveled there.

I am standing in the middle of at least 100 elves.

What.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
Re: What.
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 06:19:03 pm »

PERFECT OPORTUNITY. Don't waste it! Post screenshots! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 06:21:27 pm »

Sorry. I tried killing one.

It wasnt a good idea.

But here is what it looked like.

E E E E E  E E E E E  E E E  E E   E E E  E
EE E  E  E   E  E  E  E  E  E  E E  E E  E     E
EE     E    E   E  @ E   E     E    E    E     E
E   E   E  E   E     E       E    E    E     E   E
E  E  E E   E    E E   E  E  E   E  E   E    E

DI7789

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 06:32:22 pm »

On the 'T'ravel map, one grey bar represents one or two people on their own. Double bars (An equal '=' sign) represents about five people on their own, and three grey bars (which I haven't seen before) apparently represents entire migrations. I guess that's what happens when towns get "destroyed" during worldgen and the entire population flees.

Also, killing them sounds like an excellent idea. Too bad they'd butcher you horribly if you try it
Gone on hiatus due to RL. Major apologies to all involved in LP thread.

Broose

• Bay Watcher
  • Pilfering Gatorhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 12:32:54 am »

I tried it once. They all just run off into groups of 1 or 2.

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 09:53:48 am »

then you have to spend forever tracking down all the = and - signs that indicate the seperate groups. its funny how popping up in the middle of a migration then killing a few innocents can cause so much chaos and probably seriously alter the course of in game history.

also, i think you can "destroy" a town by killing off the leader(s). which causes everyone to leave in a big migration group. sometimes this happens when you are away on a quest, which as far as i can figure leaves the quest unresolvable. its wonderful how you can affect the world in this way. all hail toady.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 11:20:40 am »

its wonderful how you can affect the world in this way. all hail toady.
It's only going to get better from here on out.
This is why I love DF.  It's already so horribly complex that it's incredibly interesting (once you get past the learning curve, anyway) and it's still being worked on to be even more-so.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2009, 06:16:08 am »

then you have to spend forever tracking down all the = and - signs that indicate the seperate groups. its funny how popping up in the middle of a migration then killing a few innocents can cause so much chaos and probably seriously alter the course of in game history.

also, i think you can "destroy" a town by killing off the leader(s). which causes everyone to leave in a big migration group. sometimes this happens when you are away on a quest, which as far as i can figure leaves the quest unresolvable. its wonderful how you can affect the world in this way. all hail toady.
I killed the druid of an elf town but it seemed that at least a few of 'em stuck around :(

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2009, 08:46:31 am »

im not sure what starts them migrating, only in my experience when i go away and come back, if the civ leaders are all gone somehow, then all the elves get up and move. checking legends normally shows me that the civ leader has been killed somehow. so i figured killing the leader(s) yourself would do it. perhaps there are more variables yet to be uncovered. experimentation is required.