Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: 1 armed games.  (Read 4627 times)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 1 armed games.
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2009, 06:17:59 pm »

The Sims can be played with just the mouse if you don't want to create your own sims. The only hotkey I use regularly is "p" for pause. It's also got a button. The hotkey is just quicker.

varkarrus

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity and a knife go well together.
    • View Profile
Dip Stick! The newest candy! Just dip it, then lick it!
Or try FUBAR! The best chocolate bar ever!
And you can't eat them, either, sadly. Even though it'd make sieges so much more fun; dwarves lining the walls, drooling and carrying sharp knives and forks, ready for the upcoming meals.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2009, 07:23:40 pm »

Very nice advertisement.

I was thinking of exactly this problem recently because of someone I know.  I would say any and all non-real-time strategies, simulations or RPGs, and probably real-time RPGs too if just maximize your key-density.  Basically anything that gives you time to move your working hand around.

For fast paced games that can be played with one hand, Diablo and similar is about all I can think of.  Maybe old shooters like DOOM, if you've got a multi-button mouse and quick fingers.  Racing games too, since most of them only need four buttons.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2009, 07:37:58 pm »

N Game
A fairly awsome puzzleish platformer. You rebind jump to be the up arrow key in the options menu, and all you'll need is arrow keys.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 08:00:09 pm by Wooty »
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

varkarrus

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity and a knife go well together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2009, 07:43:30 pm »

Dip Stick! The newest candy! Just dip it, then lick it!
Or try FUBAR! The best chocolate bar ever!
And you can't eat them, either, sadly. Even though it'd make sieges so much more fun; dwarves lining the walls, drooling and carrying sharp knives and forks, ready for the upcoming meals.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2009, 08:53:49 pm »

Theme hospital can be played with one hand except for entering your name. (Patch is a good idea)

Singularity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2009, 08:59:30 pm »

Well, since I was just about to post about this game anyway...

I just got done playing Eversion. Eversion is a very interesting puzzle game, but their warning about those of "Nervous Disposition" does have a bit of merit to it.  Surprisingly atmospheric for an 8-bit puzzler.  Anyway, if you rebind "everse" to the down arrow you should be set to play it with just the arrow keys.  It's a pretty short game, but a fun one. :)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 09:02:15 pm by Singularity »

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2009, 10:46:44 pm »

Anything turnbased should do, all the X-Coms and the Silent storm Series can be played with one hand. The Civ games and Alpha Centauri are also good for one handed play.

Maybe old shooters like DOOM, if you've got a multi-button mouse and quick fingers.

No, trust me on this as an old accident prone Doom nut. You can't play with one hand very well, trust me on that. Tough if you give it a try anyway I would recommend using the Zdoom source port. If only to play Cold as hell and Operation Burghead, both of which are better then the stock game by miles. (I also beta tested the former)
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2009, 10:54:53 pm »

Tyrain 2000 can be played with one hand (A bit tough) but only on Arcade mode (As normal mode gives side arms which would be a lot tougher to do)

Alright alright alright... Something a bit easier

Point and Click Adventures such as
-Monkey Island (STAY AWAY FROM 3D)
-Gabriel Knight and The Beast Within
-Phantasmagoria (Rated-M for a reason)
-Circle of Blood / Broken Sword (I only played 1 and 2)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2009, 12:18:54 am »

If you have a weak stomach, stay away from phantasmagoira.It gets downright nasty at times, though thinking about it, not as bad as some of the saw movies. At least this game has a horror feel to it.

I know it sounds stupid, but any Wii game that can be played with just the remote can be played one handed. If you can use your hand but not use your arm, then you can play with the nunchaku as well.
That would bring the whole range of good Wii games into play. Might want to investigate a longer cord though, since the stock cord is distressingly short.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2009, 04:10:32 am »

Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2009, 04:46:33 am »

Audiosurf is great. Only needs to mouse.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2009, 10:50:02 am »

I made a quick RTS that was designed to be played with one hand, but it kinda sucked so I'm not giving the link.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2009, 11:15:08 am »

I made a quick RTS that was designed to be played with one hand, but it kinda sucked so I'm not giving the link.

A lot of the early RTS games can be easily played with one hand. (C&C, Dune II, Warcraft and I guess Warcraft 2). In fact I never used the keyboard for any of them until much later.

It is only the later Real Time Strategies based on quick keys that are starting to rely on the keyboard.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 11:17:50 am by Neonivek »

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2009, 03:02:57 pm »

Mastur--

No. I'm not making that joke.

Anyway, Civ IV can be played with one hand.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4