Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf manager for 22F  (Read 660 times)

ac31

• Bay Watcher
  • [FIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
Dwarf manager for 22F
« on: June 01, 2009, 07:29:14 am »

hello again

my fortress is up and running and im beggining to run into what seems to be a probelm in all versions of dw, managing job  permisssions

unfortunately i cant find one that is compatible with ver 22f, as the managers on the archived utility page are either 404'd or throw up errors requiring configuration (i tried the dwarf foreman tool http://www.pavlovian.net/foreman/)

does anyone know of a)  how to configure dwarf foreman for 22f or b) know of a dwarf manager compatible with 22f?
Just wondering if it would be possible (however unwise) to make demons a civilisation
I don't see any reason they couldn't be. What would happen if they breached the HFS?
Horrors! Annoying relatives in the deep!

loopoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf manager for 22F
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 07:47:13 am »

Download DF Manager from www.dwarffortresswiki.net in the Utilities section.

ac31

• Bay Watcher
  • [FIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 08:15:24 am »

no dice, the manager is built for the newer versions of df and as such isnt configured correctly to find the memory locations of the 22f version dwarves  :-[
Just wondering if it would be possible (however unwise) to make demons a civilisation
I don't see any reason they couldn't be. What would happen if they breached the HFS?

loopoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 08:37:05 am »

And you are using such an old version because?

ac31

• Bay Watcher
  • [FIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 08:39:04 am »

its simpler for newbies, and its pretty fun anyway

its just a headache managing dwarves

i guess ill just have to do it manually

ccc

• Bay Watcher
  • Ants!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 08:51:48 am »

Dwarf Manager has a "determine memory layout" function, to make it forward compatible, maybe it will work with older versions too.

loopoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 08:55:24 am »

LordBaxter, just download Mike Maydays Graphics Tileset, it's much more enjoyable to learn and it's easier too. Reduces the whole onslaught of learning the different ASCII graphics AND the key functions. I'd say it's easier, plus older versions aren't as fun as newer versions!

ac31

• Bay Watcher
  • [FIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 09:28:27 am »

Dwarf Manager has a "determine memory layout" function, to make it forward compatible, maybe it will work with older versions too.

luckily i know my way around memory addressing and hex values, uni level computer science ftw!
ill give it a shot in my spare time and see what comes up

LordBaxter, just download Mike Maydays Graphics Tileset, it's much more enjoyable to learn and it's easier too. Reduces the whole onslaught of learning the different ASCII graphics AND the key functions. I'd say it's easier, plus older versions aren't as fun as newer versions!

read this: http://lparchive.org/LetsPlay/Boatmurdered/ thread and say that again, 22f combines the right amount of complexity witht he right amount of simplicity to my mind, the z axis and generation of terrain are not overly friendly to knew players, nor condusive to simply leaping in and playing.

ac31

• Bay Watcher
  • [FIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 07:17:04 pm »

no luck for dwarf manager, couldnt set up the fortress so it could detect the memory locations of dwarves due to differing professions (pump operator doesnt exist in 22f, and neither do pumps) :(

dwarf foreman throws a version error with the value 02401ad7, not sure how i could use that, i found a page with advice on how to set dwarf foreman for different versions but i couldnt see any relation between the numbers, ive got cheat engine so i might have a browse through memory, or grab another hex editor

here are the configuration options for other version should anyone be able to see something i cant: (i removed them, big list and what im getting into is more modding forum stuff anyway)

EDIT: managed to get foreman to stop throwing version errors, now i just have to find the critter start address

Edit 2: ive dont as much as i can for the moment, i cant find the starting address for the creature array, or any of the others, partly because i dont know waht im expecting to find, i think im gonna take this thread into the modding forum
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 07:38:17 pm by LordBaxter »