Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Spinal Damage  (Read 2699 times)

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
Re: Spinal Damage
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2009, 12:42:41 pm »

What about studying the effects of loss of eyes on your own adventurers?

Urist McCyrilin

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh, the dwarfity!
    • View Profile
    • CyCom! Writing&PnP!
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2009, 12:09:20 am »

What about studying the effects of loss of eyes on your own adventurers?
That has already been done. No effect, as long as you have at least one eye left. Once your last eye is gone, your vision is reduced to one space in each direction (probably to simulate "feeling" your way around the environment and waving your arms around in order to avoid hitting walls.

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2009, 06:35:18 pm »

Ok so I've been trying to test this, much to the chagrin of the local townfolk, but whenever I manage to do some spinal damage I also tear half the organs out and make the unfortunate test subject choke to death on his own dislodged liver.

I'm not really sure if DF models this, but this problem seems to stem from the fact that you're digging your way towards the spine from the front. :D
i'm pretty sure you have a higher chance to hit the heart if attacking from the left. maybe it's the same for some other organs as well?
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2009, 07:49:44 pm »

Attack the Guard's groin with your artifact adamantine warhammer?
Y/N
What if the guard is a female?

The hammer is stuck in the wound!
The Female Guard is overexerted!

The female guard is unconscious!
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2009, 08:05:33 pm »

Y/N

The female guard begins to worship Urist Mcsexybeard, a dwarfen god associated with hammers, drinking and fertility

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2009, 08:24:25 pm »

See, you people went and broke my brain now.  See what you've done?

If I woulda got here earlier I may have saved you some trouble.  As at one time during an adventuring career I had taken a mangled lower spine (lucky wolf).  As you have discovered I could not stand afterwards, despite minimal damage elsewhere.

I have heard the loss of one eye greatly reduces throwing and firing accuracy.  The loss of 2 eyes most certainly has that effect, if Lightning the marksdwarf back in 2D is any indication(a vid should still exist on DFMD).  But I'm curious if you can't hit the broad side of a barn with the loss of only 1 eye.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2009, 09:58:51 pm »

See, you people went and broke my brain now.  See what you've done?

If I woulda got here earlier I may have saved you some trouble.  As at one time during an adventuring career I had taken a mangled lower spine (lucky wolf).  As you have discovered I could not stand afterwards, despite minimal damage elsewhere.

I have heard the loss of one eye greatly reduces throwing and firing accuracy.  The loss of 2 eyes most certainly has that effect, if Lightning the marksdwarf back in 2D is any indication(a vid should still exist on DFMD).  But I'm curious if you can't hit the broad side of a barn with the loss of only 1 eye.

I've lost an eye several times and it seems to reduce throwing and shooting by something like 1/4 or 1/3, but nothing totally game ruining. We need some blind swordsman up in here

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2009, 02:25:07 pm »

Y/N

The female guard begins to worship Urist Mcsexybeard, a dwarfen god associated with hammers, drinking and fertility

The female guard cancels womanhood: No appropriate organs.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!
Pages: 1 2 [3]