Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: wrestling-related questions  (Read 1464 times)

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: wrestling-related questions
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2009, 12:11:30 pm »

You mean they'll suffocate from throat-wounds that don't bleed out? I assumed they didn't, because I don't think I've ever seen "has trouble breathing" when strangling someone.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2009, 12:34:47 pm »

You mean they'll suffocate from throat-wounds that don't bleed out? I assumed they didn't, because I don't think I've ever seen "has trouble breathing" when strangling someone.
It depends on the toughness of the creature. Light to moderate wounds to the neck can cause them to become winded, the first step to suffocation. Strangling till their neck is broken (neck will be written in yellow), gives you the best chance of suffocation without bleed out. Its a tricky process with a lot of variables though.
More info at
http://dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Wounds

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2009, 01:04:40 pm »

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2009, 01:09:39 pm »

Toady mentioned this in one of those linked threads:

I haven't gotten a chance to flesh out the nature of wounds yet, and right now it interprets all serious throat damage as both a breathing and a damaged circulatory spraying problem.  So it's kinda like Road House or something, where the warthog said something about prison and you got upset and tore its throat out.

Once you put a chokehold on, the creature can no longer breath.  So if you aren't actively gouging its throat out (the current strangle command), it'll eventually die.  This will be altered in the future once wounds have more resolution.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2009, 01:25:19 pm »

I haven't gotten a chance to flesh out the nature of wounds yet, and right now it interprets all serious throat damage as both a breathing and a damaged circulatory spraying problem.  So it's kinda like Road House or something, where the warthog said something about prison and you got upset and tore its throat out.

Once you put a chokehold on, the creature can no longer breath.  So if you aren't actively gouging its throat out (the current strangle command), it'll eventually die.  This will be altered in the future once wounds have more resolution.
Ah, I see. So in effect all we have to do to strangle the enemy is to place a chokehold on it then stop.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2009, 01:27:07 pm »

In otherwords, just putting someone in a choke hold can suffocate them

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2009, 02:03:43 pm »

Better than nothing.
Pages: 1 [2]