Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modded race not wearing plate-level armour, bringing booze  (Read 1009 times)

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile

Neither of these are problems any more, but since I don't understand why they were in the first place I'm going to ask.

1. I modded in a race of small creatures with a bent for mining and with no use for animal products (they're a dwarf-trade replacement for a Mountainhome fortress). They're currently set to use the following armour/clothes:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That last one is from me seeing if the weight was the problem. (It isn't.) They won't wear plate mail or greaves despite being able to make them, but they will wear metal gauntlets. Easily solved by creating some level 2 plate, but annoying. Is there a size limit on armour or something?

2. [INDOOR_FARMING] allows trading of wood and brewed, milled and threshed items even in the absence of the jobs required to produce them, and disabling the tag results in rope reed clothing and pig tail high boots. Removing the tag is acceptable here, even if it does mean more modding so that their size 5 asses wear the damn steel I gave them, but I'd like to have more control over traded items.

[USE_ANIMAL_PRODUCTS] does the same kind of thing: the liason turned up wearing polar bear and groundhog leather. The first I could see for a race with [ETHIC:KILL_ANIMAL:JUSTIFIED_IF_SELF_DEFENSE]. The second, not so much. "We could never buy the fur of these harmless, innocent... Oh, they were coming right for you? Three bins, please."

I didn't have to do anything with this one because they were already pet traders and tame vermin spiders will spin webs. They seem to be a lot more productive than their wild versions, as well.

Why doesn't the jobs section of the entity entry have any effect on trading habits?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.