Advanced search  

Author Topic: Caves  (Read 1129 times)

whiterook6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Caves
« on: May 31, 2009, 01:45:04 am »

Hi!

I've read about the big cave system thingy, but I don't actually know if caves have already been inplemented, and if so, how to find them. Can someone enlighten me?

Atlas

• Bay Watcher
  • Supertitanly Tough
    • View Profile
    • Rideo- Latin For Lol
Re: Caves
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 01:55:12 am »

There are caves, but nothing like what Toady is implementing now. Old caves are just a series of tiny random tunnels with monsters in them.
Urist Austin, Axedwarf.  A dwarf barely alive.  Gentledwarves, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic dwarf. Urist Austin will be that dwarf. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 02:55:00 am »

There are caves, but nothing like what Toady is implementing now. Old caves are just a series of tiny random tunnels with monsters in them.

An occasionally a pissed off megabeast, if worldgen has been kind to you.

I believe in worldgen preferences you can turn on the option to see caves when choosing a site.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 05:39:09 am »

I once found a cave with a grizzly bear and a giant in.  Unfortunately, they seemed to have tangled with each other, and both were unconcious and fainting when I found them.  It was all I could do to gouge the giants eyes out and break all its joints.