Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress to Fortress  (Read 5616 times)

Craftling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress to Fortress
« on: May 30, 2009, 08:24:35 pm »

What happens when the Human, Goblin and Elf fortress get implemented? Does the game just become Fortress or does it become Human, Goblin Elf and Dwarf Fortress: Slaves to Bob, Um, Treehugger and Armok, Gods of Trade, Kidnapping, Treehugging and Blood?

Walliard

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress to Fortress
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 08:47:24 pm »

I'm pretty sure it'll always be Dwarf Fortress.
Toady, how much of DF is inspired by Labyrinth? Is Armok actually David Bowie? Because that would simultaneously be disturbing and awesome.

Gorjo MacGrymm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 10:39:13 pm »

I dont want to be a slave to Bob.  *shudders
He probably is a tree hugger sympathizer! 
"You should stop cutting down all these herr trees, or, MAN is my Queen going to be Aaaaa-aang-Re-ee with you guys!" flipping his hand and batting his eyelashes."
"Oh my god guys, wood, is like, totally murder."

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 10:50:53 pm »

You can always make other civs playable with a little tweaking of the raws. Now if you shall excuse me, I'm off to play Pirate Fortress.  ;)

But seriously, I think the dwarves will always be the stars of the show.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 01:04:43 am »

Yes, you can play as other races, but I think he means playing a proper fort with those races. For example, currently you can't really play Elven Forest Retreat, because you can't grow trees into dwellings, no multitile trees, no ability to turn wood into weapons. That sort of thing.

And I think it would be,

Slaves to Armok: God of Blood, Nature, Trade, and Kidnapping: Chapter II: Dwarf Fortress, Elf Retreat, Human City, and Goblin Tower.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 01:09:56 am »

Yes, you can play as other races, but I think he means playing a proper fort with those races. For example, currently you can't really play Elven Forest Retreat, because you can't grow trees into dwellings, no multitile trees, no ability to turn wood into weapons. That sort of thing.

And I think it would be,

Slaves to Armok: God of Blood, Nature, Trade, and Kidnapping: Chapter II: Dwarf Fortress, Elf Retreat, Human City, and Goblin Tower.

Bit of a mouthful I'm afraid.

How about Slaves to Armok II: Blood Fortress: Your Gonna' Die Anyway .

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2009, 01:38:39 am »

Slaves to Armok: God of Blood, Nature, Trade, Kidnapping, and Pillage: Chapter II: Dwarf Fortress, Elf Retreat, Human City, Goblin Tower, and Kobold Cave
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2009, 02:04:35 am »

Slaves to Armok: God of Blood, Nature, Trade, Kidnapping, and Pillage: Chapter II: Dwarf Fortress, Elf Retreat, Human City, Goblin Tower, and Kobold Cave
Slaves to Armok: God of Blood, Nature, Trade, Kidnapping, Pillage, and Magickal Abomination: Chapter II: Dwarf Fortress, Elf Retreat, Human City, Goblin Tower, Kobold Cave, and Wizard Tower
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2009, 02:07:23 am »

Slaves to Sluribus: God of Kiskilsmik Chapter II: Kobold Jrsisiplik
!!&!!

DennyTom

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Urist!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2009, 03:42:59 am »

Slaves to Armok: God of Blood, Nature, Trade, Kidnapping, Pillage, and Magickal Abomination: Chapter II: Dwarf Fortress, Elf Retreat, Human City, Goblin Tower, Kobold Cave, and Wizard Tower

Yeah, I can not wait for playing StAGoBNTKPaMAC2DFERHCGTKCaWT
It is so much easier to measure life in experience points...

Dareon Clearwater

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:colorful underwear]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2009, 05:02:23 am »

Yeah, I can not wait for playing StAGoBNTKPaMAC2DFERHCGTKCaWT

Also known as Stag-o-bunt-k'pamactoofer*loogie*.

~ab-ca-def-gi-jekylminop-kerstoovwicksiz!  It's the most incredible word I've ever seen!~
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2009, 07:24:19 am »

This! Because the "main" faction in the vanilla game are the dwarves, and this won't change, I am pretty sure about it.  :)

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2009, 09:29:58 am »

This! Because the "main" faction in the vanilla game are the dwarves, and this won't change, I am pretty sure about it.  :)
the elves are the result of inbreeding over thousands of years of kobolds, humans are boring, kobolds are... I don't care, goblins are cruel, and therefore THIS CANNOT AND WON'T HAPPEN

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2009, 10:16:10 am »

goblins are cruel, and therefore THIS CANNOT AND WON'T HAPPEN
True, that is.  Off to torture some elves!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2009, 12:39:32 pm »

I'm actually sure Dwarves are a form of placeholder. From what I understand, the intention of this game is to be a fantasy world simulator with legends and everything. Originally I think it was just to be a general digging into the ground for precious gems and such game, but it has evolved.

It's gotten smarter.
 It's gotten smarter.
 It will overtake us by 2012.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: [1] 2