Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress to Fortress  (Read 5622 times)

DennyTom

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Urist!!
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress to Fortress
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2009, 01:01:52 pm »

It's gotten smarter.
 It's gotten smarter.
 It will overtake us by 2012.

Damn, I've read and seen so much SF, I do not know where is this from. BSG? Terminator? Matrix? Reference to Mayan calendar? Just a joke?
It is so much easier to measure life in experience points...

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2009, 01:44:39 pm »

Nah, Armok doesn't lower itself to mayan mysticism. We must find out what Armoks holy number is in order to guess when Dwarf will rein supreme.
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

TheDJ17

• Bay Watcher
  • [SWAG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2009, 02:05:21 pm »

Nah, Armok doesn't lower itself to mayan mysticism. We must find out what Armoks holy number is in order to guess when Dwarf will rein supreme.

Its 200.
The spinning =<*Free Form Jazz*>= strikes the Poster in all the senses, ya' dig, utterly blowing the mind!
The Status Quo has been struck down!

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2009, 04:26:04 pm »

My money is on 1050.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2009, 05:15:39 pm »

I don't think dwarfs are a mere placeholder. Even if they were at first, i doubt toady would change the game's focus from dwarfs after they got so many fans through the development. Course, they won't be on the spotlight all the time once its complete, but they'll aways be the main civ.

After all, the game's called DWARF fortress.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

shadow_archmagi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2009, 05:44:03 am »

Yeah. There will come a day when someone asks me "So why is it called dwarf fortress?"

and I'll be like "Because it used to be all about the dwarves." and then he'll be like "Oh. So, how about that next update? I hear they're going to accurately simulate cell division."
invention is every dwarf's middle name
that means that somewhere out there theres a dwarf named Urist Invention Mcinvention.

Someguyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2009, 09:29:02 am »

Damn, I've read and seen so much SF, I do not know where is this from. BSG? Terminator? Matrix? Reference to Mayan calendar? Just a joke?

Mayan Calendar. And, I actually have my doubts about it taking over the world. I know a lot of idiots at my school who think the game is "A bunch of pixels moving around". If it were to take over the world though... It would use some dwarven logic. So.. Yeah, it's possible.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2009, 10:11:35 pm »

In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2009, 08:05:14 pm »

Slaves to Armok: God of Blood, Nature, Trade, Kidnapping, and Pillage: Chapter II: Dwarf Fortress, Elf Retreat, Human City, Goblin Tower, and Kobold Cave
Slaves to Armok: God of Blood, Nature, Trade, Kidnapping, Pillage, and Magickal Abomination: Chapter II: Dwarf Fortress, Elf Retreat, Human City, Goblin Tower, Kobold Cave, and Wizard Tower

Slaves to Zalgo: Go҉ ҉̵̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̿̿̿̕̚̕̚͡ ͡҉҉d  ̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̚ ̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔ ̕̚̕̚ ̔̕̚̕̚҉ o҉̵̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̿̿̿̕̚̕̚͡ f the da̔̕̚̕̚҉ ҉̵̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̿̿̿̕̚̕̚͡ ͡҉҉l̔̕̚̕̚҉trkness beh̵̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̿̿̿̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊ind thewå̵̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̋̌̍̎̏̿̿̿̚ ҉ ҉҉̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑ ̒̓̔̕̚ ̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̚̕̚lls
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Atomic Communist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2009, 10:19:26 pm »

Slaves to Armok: God of Blood, Chapter III: Dwarf Fortress II, Electric Boogaloo!

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware those who would keep knowledge from you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2009, 03:56:05 am »

I say we keep it "Dwarf Fortress". Us against them.

Dwarfs forever!

For they would be your masters.

Lear

• Bay Watcher
  • IRO-Bot will never die.
    • View Profile
    • the-crowing-is-near on deviantArt.
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2009, 12:21:51 pm »

Slaves to Armok: God of Blood, Nature, Trade, Kidnapping, and Pillage: Chapter II: Dwarf Fortress, Elf Retreat, Human City, Goblin Tower, and Kobold Cave
Slaves to Armok: God of Blood, Nature, Trade, Kidnapping, Pillage, and Magickal Abomination: Chapter II: Dwarf Fortress, Elf Retreat, Human City, Goblin Tower, Kobold Cave, and Wizard Tower

Slaves to Zalgo: Go҉ ҉̵̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̿̿̿̕̚̕̚͡ ͡҉҉d  ̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̚ ̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔ ̕̚̕̚ ̔̕̚̕̚҉ o҉̵̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̿̿̿̕̚̕̚͡ f the da̔̕̚̕̚҉ ҉̵̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̿̿̿̕̚̕̚͡ ͡҉҉l̔̕̚̕̚҉trkness beh̵̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̿̿̿̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊ind thewå̵̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̋̌̍̎̏̿̿̿̚ ҉ ҉҉̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑ ̒̓̔̕̚ ̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̚̕̚lls
Zalgo is not a god.

I vote is stays Dwarf Fortress, but it's obviously Toady's call.
Those were the days, The End Complete.
deviantART - My artworks, let me show you them!

irdsm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2009, 01:02:37 pm »

I love playing as kobolds (using the kobold camp mod) and hope it becomes a feature of the game, but I think it will always be about dwarves even if kobolds are awesome in an underdog kind of way.
Pages: 1 [2]