Minecraft
- 9 (21.4%)
Battle for Wesnoth
- 9 (21.4%)
Alien Swarm
- 11 (26.2%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 34

Author Topic: [DFC] Related things. TF2 Server IP changed to 217.163.25.175:27015  (Read 71844 times)

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
Re: [DFC] Stuff. Our Server is now: ONLINE. Looking for artist contact me.
« Reply #150 on: June 30, 2009, 04:54:06 pm »

Played a nice session just now, population peaked at maybe 10. In the end it was mostly melee fights.

Still nice.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 30, 2009, 05:42:09 pm »

Hey folks, for the attention of donators:

We can, if you want, get a 3 month subscription with Gameservers (our servers host) with cheapness including, a 5% discount. They do 6 months a 10% off, and 12 months at 15% off i thiiink.

Since we have enough money to afford a 3 month sub, i say we go for it, we save money in the long run. So donators? Have your say noaw!

Update: 3 months costs $85, we'd be saving $5 in the long run per month. We might aswell go for it tbh, but i won't do anything with your lots money until you say its ok.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 05:48:43 pm by Nilocy »

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 30, 2009, 07:03:38 pm »

Played a nice session just now, population peaked at maybe 10. In the end it was mostly melee fights.

Still nice.

Yeah. I played for a long while today (noon to 4 or so, whenever the player count dropped down to 3 people). I had to leave abruptly.

We had hours of melee only games. Pyro's airblast was also allowed, which I exploited on some Payload and CP maps. That led to airblast spamming being strongly discouraged. At several points, there was some trouble with people not cooperating with the melee rules, but luckily, SHAD0Wdump discovered that he has admin powers.

[EDIT:] Oh yeah. We also had no loadout, due to the server apparently not being connected to Steam. Meaning no unlocks. Meaning no Blutsauger when we went all Medic. Not cool.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 07:05:58 pm by Zaithemaster »
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 30, 2009, 08:04:01 pm »

I still think I should have used the vote kicks rather than straight up kicks,but little late for that.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It would have had the same result. Don't fret yourself.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

Yeah, go for the three month thing.

P.s: Y, can you do something about the server not being connected to Steam? I really, really like my unlocks.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile

Yeah, go for the three month thing.

P.s: Y, can you do something about the server not being connected to Steam? I really, really like my unlocks.
My regular server suffers from it sometimes apparently it's steams fault not the servers.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

I'm liking that new nickname Umi, or should i say, barbie.

Anyhoo, yeah its a steam side fault not ours, we did have unlocks for a while i beleive, i was running around with my bloodsucker. So its all steams fault, not ours.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

Right, you lot want a game? I'll give you a game. Be on tonight at 10:30pm GMT +0.

Edit: Also, seems we're at ends about the three months thing, I'll have a chat with you lot about it later!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Love the server Nilocy :)  I'll donate once I'm able.  (which may not be for awhile unfortunately)

Anyway is there any way to change the screen you see when you first load up the map?  That kinda looks like the default.  Figure maybe a url to bay 12 and maybe a short blurb would do. 

Maybe for when some non bay 12ers pop in they can see where all our strange inside jokes come from.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

I'm planning on getting around to that. Wont be long till we have some fun stuff there.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't forget to put in some rules on the "front page" of the server when you change it.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm an idiot.

I quoted Nilocy's OP to put up server info in the TF2 thread's OP, so that it's title would make more sense and ended up posting the quotation here.

But now that I'm here,
Don't forget to put in some rules on the "front page" of the server when you change it.
How does that work, does it connect to some predefined web page that can be modified at will or is there stranger forces afoot?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 06:41:39 am by LASD »

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

Well, i believe it just downloads a page for you. I'm gonna take a look at it now. I shall fix asap.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

Hey, can we put the Unreal Tournament announcer into the DFC server? I wanna get the ego polishing that comes from HEADSHOT and DOUBLEKILL.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 34