Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: How do I infulence the following issues...  (Read 2260 times)

Svirfneblim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How do I infulence the following issues...
« on: May 29, 2009, 06:40:07 pm »

Racism - I have absolutely no idea where to start and people are being total klansmen about it for some reason

Free Speech - ditto. No idea where to start and everyone's conservative.

Military Spending - Sleeper soldiers help, perhaps? Does bloody resistance to military attacks make people more pro-army?

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do I infulence the following issues...
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 06:52:07 pm »

Attack the Courthouse for both Racism and Free Speech.

Sleeper soldiers, veterans, and mercs for Military Spending.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Svirfneblim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 06:55:41 pm »

Ah. Considering I'm also way behind on liberal justices, that courthouse is going to become a battlefield. :)

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 07:18:42 pm »

Racism - I have absolutely no idea where to start and people are being total klansmen about it for some reason

Free Speech - ditto. No idea where to start and everyone's conservative.

Military Spending - Sleeper soldiers help, perhaps? Does bloody resistance to military attacks make people more pro-army?
The courthouse pretty much effects everything.
LCS developer, insomniac, writer.

Oksbad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 12:03:09 am »

I think controversial stories (i.e. Liberal Guardian Special Editions) liberalize free speech.
I always just found it peculiar that the police are always able to pin the crime on you 100 percent of the time. The fact that organized crime rings exist at all without being bombed to hell by the national guard is evidence enough that this is not strictly the case in reality.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 12:16:26 am »

Ah. Considering I'm also way behind on liberal justices, that courthouse is going to become a battlefield. :)

Best as I can recall, one liberal sleeper judge set to proclaim liberalism would prove effective in reversing public opinion.  But, you may need more.  Plus, you can usually see some improvement from a single successful site action.  Thus, spraypaint the court house for 30 days in a row, and your public opinion problem should be over.

However, the country starts with Conservative Legislature, so you've got to wait for re-elections before the laws can change consistently.  Plus, the Executive is Arch-Conservative, which will cause judicial appointments to be at least Conservative...thus the Judicial Branch can become Conservative.  It's gonna take time more than anything...

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 12:40:07 am »

Oksbad: I believe that Special Edition stories on AM Radio and Cable News are more effective as Free Speech goes more conservative. The reason being, society is more used to counterversy in a more Free Speech society.

Cultural sleepers affect all the issues, so grabbing them is a priority, at least for me.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2009, 03:06:44 am »

However, the country starts with Conservative Legislature, so you've got to wait for re-elections before the laws can change consistently.  Plus, the Executive is Arch-Conservative, which will cause judicial appointments to be at least Conservative...thus the Judicial Branch can become Conservative.  It's gonna take time more than anything...

If you get the country Liberal enough, you'll pass a Constitutional Amendment that will immediately impose extreme term limits and call elections for the entire Congress. Once Congress is L+ under this method and you elect an L+ President, you can pass a second Constitutional Amendment that will cast out all non-L+ justices. Things should move fairly quickly once you get public opinion to the extreme.

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2009, 03:39:49 am »

It's sort of strange that the court can influence so many issues, especially that it's a location that it's not too hard. Especially compared to the dreaded Police Station, where you send only the Liberals you fed up with - because it's almost certain they won't ever return. And given the fact the Courthouse is also the weak spot you can use to free the arrested ones and (if it's not changed) find Police Records, it seems currently somewhat overpowered.

Perhaps we should think up a few sites to make the Courthouse not the best possible way to influence the society. Racism could belong to the Police Station as well - everybody knows that police beats up everyone who's not Caucasian. Women rights and abortion has always been strongly connected with religion, so maybe a church would be a good choice.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2009, 03:56:11 am »

Speaking of churches, technically, atheism is liberal. So yeah. LET US DEMOLISH THE CHURCHES!
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2009, 07:12:45 am »

I definitely want a church to burn in LCS.

Svirfneblim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2009, 01:39:24 pm »

Destroying churches, IMHO, wouldn't be liberal.
Distrupting the mass, seizing the pulpit and holding a LIBERAL sermon would, though!
Also, having sex on an altar - requiring two liberals with high charisma and seduction.

Also, I'd personally like the game to have less issues than more, I might make a thread about it soon.

Anyway, I won. It took a long time to get everything in order, but I got the full victory.:)

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2009, 02:22:30 pm »

Also, having sex on an altar - requiring two liberals with high charisma and seduction.

HELL YES!

Svirfneblim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2009, 02:35:10 pm »

HELL YES!

The congregation watches in shock as X and Y climb on the altar and free their liberal sexual urges.
(possible outcomes)
X and Y pretend unconvincingly.
X and Y perform wild sexual acts!
X and Y perform imaginative sexual acts that leave the congregation gasping in disbelief!
(possible outcomes)
Howls of anger echo in the church and a mob forms to punish the blasphemers!
The show was so good that the parishioners watched at their desks.
(possible outcome)
Z is waiting for the squad after the mass.

Capital Fish

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hi Mister Dog!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2009, 02:46:40 pm »

HELL YES!

The congregation watches in shock as X and Y climb on the altar and free their liberal sexual urges.
(possible outcomes)
X and Y pretend unconvincingly.
X and Y perform wild sexual acts!
X and Y perform imaginative sexual acts that leave the congregation gasping in disbelief!
(possible outcomes)
Howls of anger echo in the church and a mob forms to punish the blasphemers!
The show was so good that the parishioners watched at their desks.
(possible outcome)
Z is waiting for the squad after the mass.

X and Y manage to invent a new position!

...and why are the parishioners watching at their desks? Do churches have desks in them now? I must be very out of touch...
Find the errors in the above post and win a prize!
Pages: [1] 2