Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Artifact Stockpile Question  (Read 1389 times)

magikarcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Poster
    • View Profile
Artifact Stockpile Question
« on: May 29, 2009, 04:46:31 am »

I am having trouble getting an artifact in a throne room D:

How do I get it out of the bin its in and into the artifact stockpile?

If you need more details I would be happy to provide them, thanks.

Kidiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Artifact Stockpile Question
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 05:03:29 am »

Designate a one-tile dump-zone in the location you want your artefact, dump it, place a one-tile stockpile for said artefact, set it to no bins (a>C), claim it. That should do the trick. Be warned, however, that this is best achieved when you have got nothing else to dump. Otherwise, it might take longer, and be full of rocks/whatever.
Veni, Vidi, Pompeii.
Soylent Green is kittens!
Sometimes, when my Dorfs are exceptionally stupid again, I wonder what exactly the [INTELLIGENT]-tag does.

magikarcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 05:14:27 am »

Thanks I am trying this now :D

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 05:47:29 am »

dumping the bin removes the artifact.

I'm pretty sure you can't actually dump an artifact.

Llamiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 06:26:17 am »

Why not just set the stockpile you want it in to only accept artifact quality items, not allow bins, and tell it to take from the stockpile the artifact is currently in? If there's more than one artifact in there, you can simply refine the stockpile parameters until that's the only item it'll take.

If you just want a general stockpile for all artifacts, do something similar, but instead of having it take from a specific stockpile, set all other stockpiles to not accept artifacts. Soon you should get all your artifacts in one place.

I find this to be a bit safer in moving things than dumping them, particularly if your like me and use magma/chasms for garbage disposal.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 06:31:20 am by Llamiel »
It's a shame that wagons explode at the sight of dreaded sea foam.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 10:59:03 am »

You can't dump artifacts.

Turn off artifact quality goods at all stockpiles where you don't want your artifact items going.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 11:49:07 am »

actualy the artifact travels with the bin, I had an artifact gold mace that went to my artifact only stockpile, but it was my first artifact and I hadn't remembered to take the bin alowed off of the stockpile, it ended up in a bin and that bin went all over my fort from stockpile to dump to other stockpile until something odd happened and they lost the Mace, it had (lost) in the artifact screen  :-[ I would have loved to have used it in battel it had images of tower-caps on it in tower-cap.

chaos985

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2009, 12:05:38 pm »

actualy the artifact travels with the bin, I had an artifact gold mace that went to my artifact only stockpile, but it was my first artifact and I hadn't remembered to take the bin alowed off of the stockpile, it ended up in a bin and that bin went all over my fort from stockpile to dump to other stockpile until something odd happened and they lost the Mace, it had (lost) in the artifact screen  :-[ I would have loved to have used it in battel it had images of tower-caps on it in tower-cap.

As weird as this sounds, get some more normal weapons in that bin on a 1x1 stock pile.

create 2 stock piles near by, one that accepts the normal weapons, without bins, one that will accept the artifact item, also without bins.

delete the 1x1 pile.