Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 171

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth  (Read 209807 times)

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth
« Reply #2205 on: August 12, 2009, 09:03:01 am »

I'm pretty sure I discovered a while back that cellar boulders allow you to chip off exactly 100 stones before disappearing into the ether.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: August 12, 2009, 10:06:22 am »

Hmm... I just heard about this game. Going to load it up now!

EDIT: Heh... I can't figure out how to get it running. The file is apparently JNPL, which I foudn out was java-related, so I tried launcheg it with my web browser.... but that didn't work.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 10:12:29 am by RandomNumberGenerator »
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: August 12, 2009, 11:03:03 am »

You should be getting a start with "Java (TM) Web Start Launcher" option. Are you sure you have Java installed? If yes, try reinstalling.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: August 12, 2009, 11:31:45 am »

I need some cast iron. My tradeable goods are summing up to little more than 20 l of beer. So, I'd think 2 bars of cast are fine, or 3 if you want the barrel too. Who would trade?

Bump
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: August 12, 2009, 12:22:52 pm »

You should be getting a start with "Java (TM) Web Start Launcher" option. Are you sure you have Java installed? If yes, try reinstalling.

Okay, I got it working. I got in the game, found a body, named myself, found a lot of stuff in a chest, and exited the stairs... Now I'm in the world apparently, but I have no idea what to do next.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Erik_the_Blue

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: August 12, 2009, 02:53:10 pm »

I would like to announce that the forest I've been growing to the northwest of town is now serviceable; *would* like to, but someone just cleared out 10%-20% of the saplings, as well as the tree I was getting half of my cones from. The rest of the trees are between the sapling and intermediate stage, and most have been "transplanted" to forest tiles, so the first trees should reach full growth by the end of the week assuming they aren't cut down early.

Anyhow, I'll post this announcement early in the hopes it gets a few townsfolk suspicious of sapling choppers in the area: Feel free to take whatever lumber and game you may find. There is no need to replant what you cut down. I only ask two things: Let the trees grow to their final stage before chopping, and don't replace forest tiles (unless they're overgrowing a road or some such). At an estimated average output of 140 trees per week and growing, I'm hoping I can provide for most of the town's lumber needs (provided sapling choppers don't wreck production). (Again, this is posted early. Trees won't be ready for a couple more days.)

Now a message for any new players (reposted from the official forums): Chopping down trees still in the sapling stage is one of the most shortsighted things you can do. You don't even get lumber from it. Please wait for trees to grow to their final stage before chopping. If you want LP, get pottery, find a clay pit in a mud flats (brown area), and make lots of tea pots, mugs, and the like. You don't even have to burn them in a kiln to get the points.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: August 12, 2009, 05:15:21 pm »

What about building a Fence around the Forestry, and only claiming those tiles  that contain the Fence and the Entrance...
You don't need to claim in a full Rectangle do you???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: August 12, 2009, 05:20:35 pm »

i'm planning on coming back to this game with a new character possibly. what updates have there been since i was here last?
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: August 12, 2009, 07:29:12 pm »

A lot. Beer, wine, silk, walls, new skills... cheeses... ummm
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #2214 on: August 12, 2009, 08:30:46 pm »

Onions.
Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: August 12, 2009, 08:56:07 pm »

Err, I'm not sure what's happening in town, but there is a dead guy near a tree south of the idol's plaza, there are some people I never heard of in the city (Valcor, Zombiebutt, Bitch)...

Someone care to reassure me by telling me the dead guy is just a thief and the three people are just some new guys around?
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: August 12, 2009, 09:10:05 pm »

I know Valcor is legit, but I'm not sure about the others.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Erik_the_Blue

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: August 12, 2009, 09:57:51 pm »

The dead guy was chopping down seemingly every tree he could find. Someone in a black robe killed him while he was chopping the tree his corpse is next to. There were a few others around at the time (I didn't think to write names down, unfortunately).

Most of the new people (other than Valkor) set up camp just south of the lake. They're the subject of this thread.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: August 12, 2009, 10:42:16 pm »

Hmmm, about that perfect fort discussion a while back, Wouldn't building in the corner of the map allow for virtually 2 impenetrable walls and less bricks/iron needed?

kholhaus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pissed and Inspired
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: August 12, 2009, 10:44:44 pm »

'parently, there's a thief/murderer about.

It says so in the Bottleneck Bulletin.. The Urn a bit westerly of the Village Idol and Suggestion Box. A note too says that someone is coming after the writers of the Bulletin.

I'm going to watch my things. Everyone else, keep an eye on your goods, as I think a conspiracy is upon us. There are many 'cultist' things going around town.
Kholhaus has been inspired recently.
Kholhaus has lost a favorite to tragedy recently.
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 171