Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 171

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth  (Read 209922 times)

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth
« Reply #1950 on: July 20, 2009, 02:02:12 pm »

According to a couple of people who probably know what they're talking about (Sami and Goran/DJ, if I remember right), a couple of updates ago it was stated that there were about '5 or 6 updates' until the map reset. We've had one or two (I think) since then. Judging by previous update rapidity, that probably places it just over or under a month away.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: July 20, 2009, 02:37:46 pm »

About two weeks ago, someone asked Jorb in a forum topic if the map reset would be a week, a month(ish) or several months, and he responded monthish. This is in addition to what KoE said, so it is definite that we'll get a new map eventually. So far, we know that our character will keep his/her stats and skills, the equipment he/she is wearing, and the items in his/her inventory.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: July 20, 2009, 03:02:14 pm »

Damn. Its gona be hard deciding what to take and what to leave behind. Luckily, I havent gone into steel-making so i wont have to carry tons of bars. So the choice is: many liters of beer, or some delicious cave cheese? :P
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: July 20, 2009, 03:19:31 pm »

I'm just taking, inventory wise, my metal saw, a pickaxe, my axe, 2 of each seed (grape, carrot, wheat, tea, flax, hops), and 7 moth eggs.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: July 20, 2009, 08:43:19 pm »

No, no, i have a idea for our forts commander thing...

The Kingdom of Bottleneck[or something else]

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: July 20, 2009, 09:04:47 pm »

Taking my axe (B12 one), my clothes and armor, which just consists of what I'm wearing, plus one steel breastplate and helmet, my pick and hammer, a metal saw, and a bear pelt, just because I have this *FEELING* that we're gonna be able to make bear pelt rugs either right before, or right after the map reset, and that's just AWESOME.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: July 21, 2009, 12:31:43 am »

I'm considering coming back to this. I'm exploring around the... er... second Bottleneck, I guess. I want to know what has become of my house and that runestone. :D

Floirt

• Bay Watcher
  • OMIGODJCABOMB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: July 21, 2009, 01:53:51 am »

Ah, I still have to craft way too many things before the map reset. I guess I'll take an axe, my pick, my miner's hat on my head, a saw, my bow and quiver, some wheat seeds, grapes (yay food with seeds), and tea seeds. Maybe some cloth and a dream too.
Quote from: HellMOO
Fat Ratzo [to Floirt]: I got a package here goin' to Roy Poorman, out in the afterworld.  $120 when you make the delivery.  And hurry!
No, not commiting suicide, sorry.   ...Through that money is rather tempting...

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: July 21, 2009, 02:35:00 am »

The most annoying thing for me in the new map will be WERE to put all the stuff we get. There wont be any containers ready when we arrive, and we cant build containers, or anything else for that matter, if our inventories are full...  :-\

Thus, I'll leave it to you guys to do all the dirty work of exploring the place, finding a nice site, and building the base of the new BN or whatever. Should take around a RL week or so. Then I'll come and profit from your work like the parasite I am. Aint I awesome? :P
<@Akroma> eh

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: July 21, 2009, 05:55:15 am »

The point being, it won't happen if you don't help.

I'd say Sonerohi is the man with the plan. But Hamel also said he had a fortress in mind, so I could go with helping either of them set up.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: July 21, 2009, 06:33:32 am »

I'll take some tools with me, axe, saw, dowsing rod, pick, torches and all that crap, probably some iron too, and seeds. That's it.

Perhaps I'll take a job. Cheesemaker sounds good for me. Altho you need a lot of organs, but that shouldn't be a problem with enough cows.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 07:02:21 am by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: July 21, 2009, 07:19:55 am »

Bringing all these saws is inefficient. We need to organize ourselves to bring enough cast for an anvil and then forge saws on site. Same goes for most tools.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: July 21, 2009, 09:35:48 am »

...I was not planning on staying permanently on put in your village, and I want to be autonomous. Not to mention that I want to get me a sizable deposit of cast over for some other stuff, like a cauldron or a cellar or stuff.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: July 21, 2009, 10:47:12 am »

So there seems to be 2 villages, Hamel's and Sonerohi's. Could we get a comparision between the two? Also, some clarifications on some stuff to help people like me decide who to join:

-What is the economic system in the villages, communistic or free?
-Can we expect good protection from thievery, like good rangers, walls around the whole village, etc...
-Would we have each our own plot of land which we are free to do as we wish with?
<@Akroma> eh

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: July 21, 2009, 11:23:14 am »

1. Economy is free. The only 'communistic' thing is that all farming would be amalgamated into designated areas.
2. The town claim would be expanded out to cover the whole walled in section, which would be brick wall.
3. Not inside the walls.

WorkerDrone: Are you talking about my town plan or my fort plan? If you want to help with the fort, tell me how many houses you want so I can adjust the plan accordingly.
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 171