Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 171

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth  (Read 209911 times)

narskie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth
« Reply #1845 on: July 16, 2009, 07:32:32 pm »

anyone else not able to log on for the past hour or so?

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: July 16, 2009, 07:33:27 pm »

Server's been croaked for a while now, yeah.

Hopefully that means intense developing is going on. More likely it means jorb and loftar are asleep. ._.

Also, Mal, the lumberjackin' part of building a cabin is how we're planning to get his first big chunk of LP, but if palisade wood becomes an issue, I'll be sure to kick some bear bangers and/or... Well, actually, I need to do some mining for metal before I promise any of that. My brick wall ate most of that except a bit of steel.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 07:35:07 pm by KoE »

narskie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: July 16, 2009, 07:38:36 pm »

It sucks cause I had just finally got a well running and made some bread dough in the oven and was waiting the ten minutes or so for it to bake.  Now when I log back in I'm sure it will be ash  :-[

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: July 17, 2009, 12:11:47 am »

I'm in. Look for Emily Berkano.

... Yeah I know, I'm playing a female character. I always play females in MMOs, and for some reason, I just know someone's going to say something cheeky about that.

-edit- I cannot figure out a damn thing in this game... Seriously, how the hell do you play it?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 12:31:06 am by dei »

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: July 17, 2009, 03:48:42 am »

Left click to move, right click to interact. It's best to go to a tree and spam wicker baskets. Don't be afraid to ask people either.

On another topic, does Bottleneck need glass items? I live near a beach and could supply these.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: July 17, 2009, 08:26:02 am »

I've made a few hikes out to the ocean so I have all the personal glass I think I'll need (actually, I may fill up another wine rack some time... but after I've got vinegar), and there's some in the stockpile. But I'm sure if mass production ever gets underway we'll really appreciate that.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: July 17, 2009, 08:32:46 am »

Due to the massive grape fields near my home, I'll probably move out and make a new home somewhere near so that shack can be used for winemaking. I just need to know a good spot to move to. I hope my new home can be part of the suggested ring of houses with a Palisade surrounding it.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: July 17, 2009, 08:34:46 am »

Well, freakin' hell. Sometime last night I must have managed to hit the stupid 'leave village' shortcut when the game didn't realize I was trying to type into the chat box.

Gonna need help again Goran and/or Hamel. ._.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: July 17, 2009, 10:55:25 am »

Due to the massive grape fields near my home, I'll probably move out and make a new home somewhere near so that shack can be used for winemaking. I just need to know a good spot to move to. I hope my new home can be part of the suggested ring of houses with a Palisade surrounding it.

You can move in with me, Himmler, Silfurdreki, and Hallon. We constitute the majority of the pallisade wall currently.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: July 17, 2009, 12:48:42 pm »

You can move in with me, Himmler, Silfurdreki, and Hallon. We constitute the majority of the pallisade wall currently.
You will have to guide me to the location. Then I'll just need to make the cabin outfitted for a massive winemaking industry and I'll start on my cabin there.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: July 17, 2009, 12:50:43 pm »

I'd like to know, which sides of the village palisade are completed, and which are planned? I'm expanding a palisade from Goran's fort, and my house is on the south road from bottleneck, are there any placs for a palisade there? And if yes, how can i help (Other than just making a palisade around my own house)
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: July 17, 2009, 01:02:32 pm »

You will have to guide me to the location. Then I'll just need to make the cabin outfitted for a massive winemaking industry and I'll start on my cabin there.

Are you on right now?
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: July 17, 2009, 01:28:31 pm »

Left click to move, right click to interact. It's best to go to a tree and spam wicker baskets. Don't be afraid to ask people either.

On another topic, does Bottleneck need glass items? I live near a beach and could supply these.

Dude, I saw not a single tree, nor a single person when I was on. Also, was trying to find the bay12 settlement, but I can't make anything out of the map.

games like this with NO information are NOT my cup of tea. I'll try it again another time. That time might be soon if this question gets answered: when is there a lot of people online?

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: July 17, 2009, 01:36:46 pm »

Around the Ring of Brodgar? Almost nobody's there. (It's basically the newbie area and there's been a lot of trouble with people going out of their way to cause grief. Not to mention just rapid, wanton expansion making it sort of ugly and unpleasant.)

Your best bet is to wait for Hamel (he's around at random times) or Goran/DJ (also random times) to swear you in to the village. You can then teleport there from the log-in screen, and there's usually people there around the clock.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: July 17, 2009, 01:40:09 pm »

I can swear you in right now, but I'm afraid I can't hang around to explain stuff. Hopefully some other Bottleneck resident will take up that duty.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 171