Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 171

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth  (Read 209783 times)

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth
« Reply #1545 on: June 16, 2009, 09:52:15 pm »

I have a basket full of carrot seeds. If you have a couple of coins, I'll deliver it to you. If not, you can come and get it yourself. Just tell me and I'll leave it in front of my house.

Anyway, tonight I took a walk through out forest, and I see somebody has been doing a great job managing it. If you need an iron saw, contact me and I'll give you one for free.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: June 16, 2009, 11:00:00 pm »

Define 'managing' - I've been slavishly removing stumps since I got here, Poltifar and Grantyman have used quite a few for their houses as well, and (I believe) a non-forum going resident by the name of Talvara Calmstream has been working on the logging road and (maybe?) some sapling planting. Obviously I'm not sure about Talvara. Others may well have had a hand in it, too.

I don't need any reward (and I don't log regularly anyway - are saws used for anything else?), but I'm just giving credit where credit is due.

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: June 17, 2009, 01:18:36 am »

Hrm, that Talvara person has posted on the forum a few times.  Though...  I remember not liking them, for some reason.

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: June 17, 2009, 01:56:27 am »

i've just joined and have found the bay12 settlement. I partically like some of the runestones 'Here is a picture of a dwarf striking a chicken'

btw i am AussieGuy

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: June 17, 2009, 07:10:28 am »

I meant all that planting, forest is almost completely repaired. We should also looks into doing the same with the southern forest I'll prepare some herbalist tables and a well down there if anyone feels up fore it.

Anyway, I'm guessing that Talvara is the one that's been bringing logs to town centre, so I'm giving the saw to her. You don't need a saw for stumps. But if anyone needs to make planks and doesn't have iron saw, contact me in-game. I'll lend it, under condition that it be returned as soon as you're done using it.

Unrelated to this, the industrial area is more or less complete. There's still a lot of stonelaying to do for the roads, and I need to make tanning tubs for the tanning station and chests for everywhere, but the buildings are complete and there are already two carts loaded with chests. I think I'm going to make an alt and towards yeomanry to cover the area so we can get clues if anything gets stolen. I'll have to see you all in-game to add you to the alt's kinlist, but I'll need everybody's name posted here so I'm sure they really are residents and not some random passer-by. That is, unless somebody is willing to sacrifice his claim and put it over the industrial area.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 07:18:59 am by DJ »

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Relm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: June 17, 2009, 09:57:48 am »

Someone destroyed my log cabin and bee hive that I was building, and I had all the boards for the log cabin too.  :'(

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: June 17, 2009, 10:28:31 am »

Someone destroyed my log cabin and bee hive that I was building, and I had all the boards for the log cabin too.  :'(

Did you alteast build it in a claim so that someone can find clues to know who did it?
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1552 on: June 17, 2009, 11:07:51 am »

I feel for you, Relm.
I've found the only way to avoid the griefers is to settle in Mordor where nobody can get through the hordes of foxes to reach you.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 11:36:43 am by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Relm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: June 17, 2009, 11:35:09 am »

I didn't put it in a claim, I don't have the skill, but I'm going to get the skill before I try to build it again.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: June 17, 2009, 11:43:51 am »

Haha I got walled in today but luckily Jorb helped me out. He also went through my things, stole nothing however and after tracking him it turns out he was already dead.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: June 17, 2009, 02:24:29 pm »

Haha I got walled in today but luckily Jorb helped me out. He also went through my things, stole nothing however and after tracking him it turns out he was already dead.

Its nice to see people like that guy that walled you in get what they deserve :)

Anyways, why is ore smelting so incredibly random? One bach of 25 gave me 0 iron, then the next gave me 8... and now I dont know what to do with all this iron. With the recent thieving madness, I'm afraid to put them anywhere other than in my inventory, but its cluttering it up... Any suggestions as to a good place to hide them / a good way to hide them? (preferably pmed to me or something, not posted here, so that it isnt seen by everybody...)

Or maybe i should try making wrought iron. (Not steel yet, its too hardcore for me to even think of trying before I have more free time)

EDIT: How do we make charcoal? I used up a large amount in my iron-making, and would like to help replenish it.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 02:26:48 pm by Poltifar »
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: June 17, 2009, 02:30:23 pm »

Sounds like it would be really awesome if this game let you make locked boxes and then give keys to your friends.  Naturally there would be lockpicks, but someone other than a locksmith with lockpicks would kind of be a death sentence... :)
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: June 17, 2009, 02:52:26 pm »

You put wood blocks in kiln to make charcoal. Pull out stumps to get blocks, save the trees for planks.

Anyway, if you don't know what to do with iron, consider donating to public transportation. I've made us four public carts, two of which are already equipped with chests. The plan is to have them all four filled with chests.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: June 17, 2009, 03:00:07 pm »

Also, if you don't like the inventory space that's being taken up by the iron, throw it in a finery forge, light it with two charcoal, and you'll get some bloom which you can then process into wrought iron at an anvil. You should lose most of it (The finery forge turns about 2/3 of it into slag rather than bloom), but then you'll have wrought iron which is a lot more valuable than cast. Then make a sword, or something.

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: June 17, 2009, 03:47:53 pm »

I made a little guy last night. Named Goron.
I will likely make my way to Bottleneck and train from there. Expect a noobie sometime soon (soon is a very relative term... that could be in an hour, or possibly tomorrow...)
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 171