Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 171

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth  (Read 209700 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth
« Reply #1455 on: June 12, 2009, 03:50:08 pm »

Thanks to the new world map, somebody found and raided my little settlement. They had the decency not to ruin too much, they even left the cart, but they chopped down one of my apple trees, took my chest (which was largely empty), and stuffed it with as much as they could find - including a set of spare leather gear, all the leather I had at that point (16 pieces), and maybe something else that may be attributed to the server crash, like my quiver and bow (I got a second pick to make up for them! Not that I have a use for a second one, but at least it's a favorable exchange!) and a few pieces of beeswax.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: June 12, 2009, 03:57:57 pm »

What is the irc info, anyway? That'd be pretty handy to have.

I think I'm going to start out today. All I've done so far is get to the B12 settlement, so I guess it's time to be productive.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: June 12, 2009, 04:19:28 pm »

IRC.QuakeNet.org, #DFHH
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Hamel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: June 12, 2009, 04:36:45 pm »

I find it kinda funny that so many people are fleeing Bottleneck to avoid griefers. When Bottleneck seems to be one of the safest place in the game. Especially when I finish the firewall.  ::)

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: June 12, 2009, 04:40:23 pm »

Wow, I feel like a dolt now - I got sidetracked by the 'newbie' settlement and forgot that Bottleneck has always been pointed out on the first page. That map is helpful, though, if absurdly large in terms of filesize. (That's why I hadn't bothered with it earlier).

That's quite a ways to move, though (especially since I don't have a Dreamcatcher / Dream to move my hearthfire), so I may be a while getting there.

Thanks for the IRC info, by the way, guess I'll be digging my up IRC client.

And before I forget - I go by 'Owen Quillion' in game, if that's relevant at all.

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: June 12, 2009, 04:51:05 pm »

Wow, I feel like a dolt now - I got sidetracked by the 'newbie' settlement and forgot that Bottleneck has always been pointed out on the first page. That map is helpful, though, if absurdly large in terms of filesize. (That's why I hadn't bothered with it earlier).

That's quite a ways to move, though (especially since I don't have a Dreamcatcher / Dream to move my hearthfire), so I may be a while getting there.

Thanks for the IRC info, by the way, guess I'll be digging my up IRC client.

And before I forget - I go by 'Owen Quillion' in game, if that's relevant at all.

It really isn't that hard of a journey, especially with the new census system. Now, you should be able to get from Brodgar to Bottleneck without being attacked by any orange demons.

Don't worry about dreams. We have four public dream catchers in Bottleneck next to several straw baskets which are full of dreams.

Oh, your name is relevant, BTW. Now that we know your name, we won't violently murder you on suspicion of theft.
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: June 12, 2009, 05:41:14 pm »

You'd think, but I have an awesome way of screwing things up horribly.

Long story short, the bug report is here. Looks like I will be a while. Probably needed a break anyhow.

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: June 12, 2009, 05:48:47 pm »

Read your topic. I just replied.
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
  • Black dog runs at night
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1463 on: June 12, 2009, 06:01:02 pm »

I am having some hand cramps already, only played for 3 hours or so, but I like it. Interface...needs work. If I survive in game..and in RL and make it to bottleneck, will give yall a heads up
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: June 12, 2009, 06:14:45 pm »

Some additional keyboard shortcuts and some other way of walking than continuously clicking would double my opinion of the game.

My in-game name is also Keiseth. I owe Bottleneck one dream and two sticks, I think.

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: June 12, 2009, 06:19:37 pm »

Blundering aside, I managed to get there on my own. Made my hearthfire and logged out, gonna see if I can convince my IRC to work in the meantime.

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: June 12, 2009, 07:05:38 pm »

Blundering aside, I managed to get there on my own. Made my hearthfire and logged out, gonna see if I can convince my IRC to work in the meantime.

Try using [urlhttp://webchat.quakenet.org/]QuakeNet Web IRC[/url]. It's what most of us are using.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: June 12, 2009, 09:09:23 pm »

the constant server crashes are gettign on my nerves....i dont enjoy doing the same thing over...only good thing that comes out of it is the leather making instead of resetting, doubles in percentage.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: June 13, 2009, 01:55:43 am »

Question: How do we claim land so that no one else can enter it?
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: June 13, 2009, 03:16:56 am »

you need the skill yeomandry to place a totem like thing whch will give you a small area, then you pay 10 learning points per increased square.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 171