Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 171

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth  (Read 209656 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth
« Reply #1425 on: June 11, 2009, 05:50:54 pm »

do we have a dwarf fortress city? or is it premade?

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: June 11, 2009, 05:51:04 pm »

A rewrite is in order.

I dislike using the mouse for everything, and I keep getting caught on stuff I'm trying to walk near. I'm also getting a poor graphical framerate, which is weird.

Is there any way to bring up a global map or find an easier way to get to the B12 settlement?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 06:07:17 pm by Keiseth »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: June 11, 2009, 06:21:16 pm »

someone could try building a road and a sign.

also, i just learned about leeches....

also, how do you use the consume in fire attack? if oyu need a lit torch, how do you light one?

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: June 11, 2009, 06:22:53 pm »

The original world map is here: http://www.havenandhearth.com/portal/res/map.png

It's out of date, though, as there are no roads and such shown, and the danger levels indicated by the rings no longer apply.  For more up-to-date maps (on which you can easily see the B12 settlement of Bottleneck, to the south), look at this forum post: http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=357&start=0

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: June 11, 2009, 06:38:14 pm »

my god sheep and hemp is hard to find...

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: June 11, 2009, 06:55:48 pm »

Someone thought it would be a GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD idea to use up ALL the stockpile leather to make armor.

FU-

Whatever. I have some leather tanning now. But I swear.

People, the community stockpile has items FOR EVERYONE. And that means the craftable items. If YOU own armour you don't need, put it in the stockpile, but don't use the STOCK PILES MATERIALS to make items for the stockpile. People should be able to, I don't know, choose what they make with what they take out of the stockpile.

For example. If Person A makes armor out of all the stockpiles leather, and person B comes along, but needed the leather to make a back pack, or a quiver, he now has no leather to make said items.

So. Lesson learned I hope? More leather tanning as we speak. Please. Guidelines like that couldn't be better.

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: June 11, 2009, 07:23:26 pm »

Someone thought it would be a GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD idea to use up ALL the stockpile leather to make armor.

FU-

Whatever. I have some leather tanning now. But I swear.

People, the community stockpile has items FOR EVERYONE. And that means the craftable items. If YOU own armour you don't need, put it in the stockpile, but don't use the STOCK PILES MATERIALS to make items for the stockpile. People should be able to, I don't know, choose what they make with what they take out of the stockpile.

For example. If Person A makes armor out of all the stockpiles leather, and person B comes along, but needed the leather to make a back pack, or a quiver, he now has no leather to make said items.

So. Lesson learned I hope? More leather tanning as we speak. Please. Guidelines like that couldn't be better.

>:(

Argh! I spent two hours last night tanning those!

I filled up every tanning tub with raw hide. I nearly killed my fingers handling those stupid buckets!

I made SEVENTY-TWO pieces of leather!

Everyone, pay attention to Workerdrone.

Next time anyone feels the need to waste all of our leather, fill all of the tanning tubs with raw hide, bark, and SIX buckets of water.
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: June 11, 2009, 07:30:27 pm »

After a long journey, with only one painful encounter (clearly, angels guided me on my lofty quest) I have arrived in the Bay 12 settlement. I borrowed one (1) dream from the stopover house, and put my hearth in the forest below the settlement.

That was a hellish walk!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: June 11, 2009, 07:37:48 pm »

Once the road is completed, it should be easier.

You have not had a hellish walk 'till you do it with a wagon, which on grass is crawling speed.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: June 11, 2009, 07:42:28 pm »

So, where exactly is the main DF settlement? Still at the bottleneck?
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: June 11, 2009, 07:43:19 pm »

Once the road is completed, it should be easier.

You have not had a hellish walk 'till you do it with a wagon, which on grass is crawling speed.

Cra...cra.....craw.....CRAWLING!!  *goggle eyes!*

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: June 11, 2009, 08:02:13 pm »

Edit:  I just heard from Berander, a denizen of CN who was present at the time of the 'raiding' that it was you, Woose1, and some others with you, that 'raided' us.  He says you wanted me dead.

Edit2: You chopped down our apple tree.  You're as bad as shockedfrog, if not worse.  At least he uses proper grammar.

Berander is not from AnywhereBB, so he's not a member of CN. He just recently set up a large forcefield on the border of CN and moved some stuff into the forcefield, including a wagon.

Oddly, there's no hearth fire inside the forcefield, at least the last time I looked.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: June 11, 2009, 08:33:13 pm »

Wait.  Berander.  Isn't the guy who I was told was impersonating me?

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: June 11, 2009, 08:40:47 pm »

Berandar?

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
  • Sometimes you have to step back to appreciate art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: June 11, 2009, 08:50:18 pm »

Is anyone using this cabin?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If not then I can just use it, and it'll save me from cutting down a large portion of forest to build another one.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 171