Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 171

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth  (Read 209465 times)

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth
« Reply #1170 on: June 07, 2009, 01:27:07 pm »

The hell?  Someone just e-mailed me accusing me of cutting down their apple tree.  I haven't cut down ANY apple trees in ages, nor do I know what village they're even talking about.

Edit: Okay, this mail actually came in sometime yesterday, but still.  What?

Edit 2: And if you wanted a reply, you should have PMed me.

Well there WAS a player in game named Malicus who did it. If it wasn't you fine, I apologize. But you know, connection between in-game Malicus and in-forum Malicus is almost automatic

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: June 07, 2009, 01:28:08 pm »

With four gates, there will always be at least one gatekeeper online. And really, how much work is it to invite someone into party?

Also, most people have no business in the industry centre. It's mostly just metalworkers that constantly come and go.

Besides, a village wall would be impossible to patrol regularly.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: June 07, 2009, 01:33:32 pm »

The hell?  Someone just e-mailed me accusing me of cutting down their apple tree.  I haven't cut down ANY apple trees in ages, nor do I know what village they're even talking about.

Edit: Okay, this mail actually came in sometime yesterday, but still.  What?

Edit 2: And if you wanted a reply, you should have PMed me.

Well there WAS a player in game named Malicus who did it. If it wasn't you fine, I apologize. But you know, connection between in-game Malicus and in-forum Malicus is almost automatic

My character is named Malicus in-game, too.  Are you absolutely sure?  Where IS this apple tree I supposedly cut down, anyway?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: June 07, 2009, 01:35:35 pm »

I left ONE runestone, by the mine, and I believe I didn't take anything from your settlement. Unless you consider mining your ore... I even left you my saw. :P

CSJM is Controller Sean 'Jaguar' Mirrsen, the full name and call sign of my alter-ago character.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: June 07, 2009, 01:41:56 pm »

Well then we got hit by a thief before or after you visited.

Didn't know that was your name so I assumed it was the thief, sorry.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: June 07, 2009, 01:42:55 pm »

Was the name similar, or was it ACTUALLY the same?  If it was, then there is a problem that needs reported, but we'll have to see it again to be sure.

Edit:  And I didn't visit at all.  I don't even know where you're talking about.

Edit 2: Oh, I got confused as to who was talking.  Blah.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 01:48:08 pm by Malicus »

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: June 07, 2009, 01:45:01 pm »

I think spys are sappin' your trees and stockpiles.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: June 07, 2009, 01:46:18 pm »

I didn't see anyone except a bandit. What are you missing?

And Malicus, sonerohi is referring to my visit.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: June 07, 2009, 01:48:18 pm »

I concur, for once.

It could be shockedfrog or one of shis (he's a guy playing female characters, right?) cronies pretending to be Malicus.

Remember when you guys offered shockedfrog membership and he refused it on the grounds that Malicus hated him? Yeah. Malicus has been singled out in frog's tiny mind.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: June 07, 2009, 01:48:56 pm »

We're only missing two loaves of bread and a bar of cast iron, but they were taken from a chest filled with our pickaxes and quivers and such. We got off lucky, but the possibility of a local thief is pants-crappingly terrifying.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: June 07, 2009, 01:50:13 pm »

I concur, for once.

It could be shockedfrog or one of shis (he's a guy playing female characters, right?) cronies pretending to be Malicus.

Remember when you guys offered shockedfrog membership and he refused it on the grounds that Malicus hated him? Yeah. Malicus has been singled out in frog's tiny mind.

That was my thought, as well.  And I know that nobody's ever attacked me such that I ran away on this game.  Either they arrowed me while I was alt-tabbed and nothing happened, or they arrowed me and I gave chase, eventually giving up.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: June 07, 2009, 02:00:07 pm »

We're only missing two loaves of bread and a bar of cast iron, but they were taken from a chest filled with our pickaxes and quivers and such. We got off lucky, but the possibility of a local thief is pants-crappingly terrifying.
The only chest I found was north of the main claim (with the "Home is where your hearth is" runestone), and it didn't contain anything I can remember being useful when I visited. You should keep the cart in your claim, btw - someone could ride off with the chest and anythin else that's not bolted down. Like the anvil. Nice use of the urns, btw - keeping boards in them didn't occur to me.

Hamel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: June 07, 2009, 02:04:21 pm »

With four gates, there will always be at least one gatekeeper online. And really, how much work is it to invite someone into party?

Also, most people have no business in the industry centre. It's mostly just metalworkers that constantly come and go.

Besides, a village wall would be impossible to patrol regularly.

Even with four gates, there would not necessarily be a gatekeeper on at all times. That is why gates claims need to be passed on when the gatekeepers log off.

Inviting people may not take very long, but it would quickly become tiresome after the first 100 times the gatekeepers had to do it.

Most people do work at the industries at some time or another, there is little else to the game but industries.

A town wall would be fairly easy to patrol, actually. It's not like it would need to be patrolled very often, the wall itself would be enough to keep most undesirables out. A wall is easier to patrol than no wall.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: June 07, 2009, 02:08:49 pm »

Couldn't there be a shared industry worker that keeps mind of the furnaces? Claim a chunk of land around the important and thief-sensitive parts with a secondary character, and give his login and pass to everyone you consider trusted. Then anyone would be able to log on to do important things, or ensure that the keeper is on by opening a second window.

MarineElite

• Bay Watcher
  • The End is Nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: June 07, 2009, 02:13:12 pm »

I dont think i would mind being a gate keeper after Ive been down there awhile
Also to those it may concern How to bybass Troubles with your IP on Byond
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 171