Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 171

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth  (Read 209604 times)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth
« Reply #1065 on: June 06, 2009, 03:32:21 pm »

Eeeeexceleeeent! My grand plan is coming to fruition.

Also, drop a line on here if you get to the property and don't see me anywhere. Trying to keep mining while I also work on a new ore smelter.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 03:37:55 pm by sonerohi »
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1066 on: June 06, 2009, 03:41:36 pm »

I've made it to bottleneck! It's beautiful! So... Is there anyplace around here I can get sticks?
I kinda need a fire...
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: June 06, 2009, 03:42:41 pm »

Shockedfrog cut down Bottleneck's trees so you'll have to travel around just a little bit.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: June 06, 2009, 03:57:01 pm »

Allow me to say the obvious once again: god damn foxes!

I'm currently besieged by one. They were two, but one is already dead. The whole thing is mostly getting on my nerves more than causing me any kind of trouble - defeating the bastard is a question of time only, because he's stuck behind a cunningly placed drying rack (seriously, carry branches with you and set "build rack" to a quick key - works like a charm) and I have a bow and a source of rocks, branches and apples. I'm impeded by my own stamina mostly, or lack thereof. I really need to get myself some better military skills.

edit: finally killed it. I wonder where it came from though - the first one to go down got me only 84 LP, this one got 219! Must've followed me from that oceanside trip I made for fishies.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 04:00:26 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: June 06, 2009, 04:08:53 pm »

Mordor-fox?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: June 06, 2009, 04:12:51 pm »

I presume Mordor is beyond the 9th ring? I wonder what kind of hell-creatures dwell there. Rabbits that can bite your head off with a single bite...   Chickens that have KFH (H for Human)...
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1071 on: June 06, 2009, 04:14:47 pm »

Never mind. As soon as I got to the only standing trees in the area (OTHER THAN AN APPLE TREE SOMEONE "OWNS" AND IS NOW UNACCESSABLE TO ANYONE), my connection failed and I am now back at the halfway point.

Well, I've been there, so now I'm going east.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: June 06, 2009, 04:16:58 pm »

Hey Dragooble, you embarkate for my place yet, or are you chillin at Bottleneck for a while longer?

I'm currently trying to make vases to contain all the wood I'm hauling in. Already got a chest full of charcoal and three vases filled with wood blocks needing to be burned.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: June 06, 2009, 04:21:13 pm »

yeah i'm at your place. im just not playing. and where is your mine?
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: June 06, 2009, 04:24:41 pm »

How did you not see the massive gaping hole in the ground? Are you at the place on the map, or are you looking at the runestone that I made for shits'n'gigs out in the wilderness?

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: June 06, 2009, 04:37:44 pm »

i'm at the this land belongeth to sonerohi runestone. also i found a message from The Stonecarver. apparently, "A" has a message for the bay12ers

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: June 06, 2009, 04:40:40 pm »

Go southeastof the runestone, follow the edges of the clay field. I only put that there because the guy who lives there can't figure out how to lift things.

Is this your hearthfire on the stone tile in the centre of that triangle made by the two houses and the rock?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 04:43:36 pm by sonerohi »

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: June 06, 2009, 05:00:43 pm »

OK people, it's obvious we need a security overhaul. I think I have the simplest idea in mind.

All right, so the mine area has four entrances. If we cover them with four different claims, it should be simple to find a person that holds one of them. Maybe some kind of easy identification would be needed, like a special hat that all claim-holders would wear. Now, when you for some reason need to go into the mine area, you ask a claim-holder to invite you into his party which will enable you to enter.

Before a claim-holder logs off, he finds someone else to take over the claim. When he finds his replacement, he declaims his entrance to the mine area and the new claim-holder then claims it. If no replacement is possible, he leaves his claim in place.

With four different claim-holders that rotate, we have enough redundancy to ensure someone will be able to provide entrance at any time.

The only thing that needs to be done here is to replace the W-E fences made of construction sites with something that can't be destroyed or removed.

Oh yes, we'll also need a list of in-game names of all our villagers, to ensure nobody tricks anyone into providing entrance. I'm Goran Starodub.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 05:04:02 pm by DJ »
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
  • Sometimes you have to step back to appreciate art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: June 06, 2009, 05:21:29 pm »

Oh yes, we'll also need a list of in-game names of all our villagers, to ensure nobody tricks anyone into providing entrance. I'm Goran Starodub.

My character's Detrevni. I'm pretty easy to recognise, being one of the only people that went through all the effort to make a leather coat. I also wear a tophat as part of my dandyman religion.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: June 06, 2009, 05:23:21 pm »

i dont currently live there. but if i ever decide to go down there i'm Dragooble. i wear a leather coat like detrivini and a boar tusk helmet.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 171