Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 171

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth  (Read 209753 times)

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth
« Reply #870 on: June 05, 2009, 12:06:51 pm »

you know what i dont get shocked frog? how could our wealth possibly impede you in any way? we hardly even made contact with you before you came down to cut apple trees! did we attack you? no. did we try and cut down all of YOUR trees? no. did we rub our wealth in your face? no. so i dont get what the problem is.
ps: that is a very insulting and smartass runestone. i'm going to club you over the head with it if i ever see you again.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Vahan

« Reply #871 on: June 05, 2009, 12:09:30 pm »

I don't ruin it for everybody else. There does seem to be a ridiculous attitude here that you guys are everybody and have the right to everything, and I really think that needs to be dealt with. It's only because there's a few of you that understand my rights as a player and opponent that I have any respect for you left at all. Those who are complaining about being far away from trees, move closer to the trees! I'm not the one ruining your fun, you are, by being so stubborn and thinking you have rights that you don't. Instead of whining and hating me for playing by the rules, how about making constructive suggestions on the forums for ways to keep the balance between you and potential enemies fair? Hell, how about trying to find an in-game way to keep me happy? You seem to think my aim is to make you unhappy and have totally ignored the possibility that I have the more obvious aim of simply gaining status through not allowing others power and wealth to vastly exceed my own.

By the way - those who decided to take advantage of my mistake, which you will note I have apologized for and taken the effort to correct, I am disappointed, though perhaps not as much as I would have been had you been a bit sneakier and let me think I'd have got away with it, so I should at least thank you for that. Oh, I left a runestone next to the crucibles, did you read it? :)

You've taken all the coal out of our crucibles, despite the fact they were 3/4 done?

We have done NOTHING to you, and all you do is constantly attempting to stop us from playing the game, you ARE attempting to ruin the fun of the game by messing stuff up, without us having any steadfast method of hitting you back. You accuse us of ruining the fun of the game for you, and yet you are the one running around our camp acting like a little sociopathic goblin?

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: June 05, 2009, 12:13:47 pm »

lol shockedfrog, i thought the bay12ers are sissies for being stuck up about you...

but you seem to be an even greater idiot  ;D

Gosh, I'm so glad I'm getting better every day so I can get outside and live my life again. \o/ (internet seems to be full of dorks)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #873 on: June 05, 2009, 12:18:55 pm »

Welp, gotta say, I'm kind of impressed with how quickly this game started acting like a real community- complete with feuds. How about we just say that Shockedfrog is RPing a barbarian? So, if he attacks, ya kill him.

Since I'm already halfway there, I think I'm going to continue on my way to Bottleneck, but I'm not going to stay long.

Isn't there a song about headn' west?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: June 05, 2009, 12:20:47 pm »

I don't ruin it for everybody else. There does seem to be a ridiculous attitude here that you guys are everybody and have the right to everything, and I really think that needs to be dealt with. It's only because there's a few of you that understand my rights as a player and opponent that I have any respect for you left at all. Those who are complaining about being far away from trees, move closer to the trees! I'm not the one ruining your fun, you are, by being so stubborn and thinking you have rights that you don't. Instead of whining and hating me for playing by the rules, how about making constructive suggestions on the forums for ways to keep the balance between you and potential enemies fair? Hell, how about trying to find an in-game way to keep me happy? You seem to think my aim is to make you unhappy and have totally ignored the possibility that I have the more obvious aim of simply gaining status through not allowing others power and wealth to vastly exceed my own.

By the way - those who decided to take advantage of my mistake, which you will note I have apologized for and taken the effort to correct, I am disappointed, though perhaps not as much as I would have been had you been a bit sneakier and let me think I'd have got away with it, so I should at least thank you for that. Oh, I left a runestone next to the crucibles, did you read it? :)

I sentence you to a thousand hammerstrikes for stupidity, stubbornness, ignorancy, trespassing, violation of property not belonging to you, deforestation and general trolling. We shall not feed you.

Seriously. I know that you know exactly know what you're doing, that it's annoying us what you're doing. You are a troll, a griefer, and boy you're stupid. You think you get popular doing this? Think again. You think it's good for your ego. Perhaps, but you are NOT going to get anywhere with this 'tude. I'm not even going to guess what your age is, and I'm certain that you would never, ever attempt this in Real Life, because you're way too cowardly. So you're being a dick on the internet because you have problems in RL, but that won't fix your problems and eventually you're going to have to move out, in a decade perhaps, and then... I pity you. I really do.

Besides, go troll the village on the Sea, or something, if you want to keep someone down. They're waaaaay better than you too, for starters.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: June 05, 2009, 12:24:17 pm »

It doesn't matter how you try to spin it. Sure, you are playing by the rules but that changes nothing. You could argue that we could just view it as a challenge but the way the system is set up now is in your favour, you can keep making new characters and causing trouble to your heart's content thereby making the game less enjoyable for others.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: June 05, 2009, 12:32:39 pm »

Ok, I'm sure Shockedfrog gets it. And if not, more words won't convince him to change his ways. Now, what needs to be done is simply keep a regular guard up in the town to protect from animals and barbarians of all sorts, and that's not too unreasonable. Combine that with some well-planned homesteads and trolling will be a thing of the past. How about some wickerwork fences?

Now, about the game it'self, I think there should be far more terrain varation and denser forests to begin with. I'd like to see many rivers and potentially even an archepelago and coastlines, not to mention sane cliffs- currently they're just short random lines.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: June 05, 2009, 12:39:37 pm »

Well this game IS in it's alpha stages, so as anybody could imagine it's real easy to take advantage of what it lacks; which is what 'some' seem to be doing. And enjoying it. Keeping a regular guard up just to fend off one person seems kind of redundant at this point because the guard would literally have to patrol the entire settlement, all day.. every day. Until they actually put in some defensive structures, people who are in it for the grief are going to get their way regardless of guards.

It's just sort of pathetic that he actually admits to wanting attention this badly. My only advice would be to stop digging downward once you're trapped in your own hole.

Captain Hat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: June 05, 2009, 12:40:47 pm »

Hey guys, this looks neat so I guess I'll play. What do you all need in terms of skills for the settlement?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: June 05, 2009, 12:50:45 pm »

Hey guys, this looks neat so I guess I'll play. What do you all need in terms of skills for the settlement?

Well, just as some friendly advice, if you want to be able to attack things (even in self-defense), you need "will to power". You need Hearth Magic to collect dreams from dreamcatchers- which is necessary to make new "hearth fires" - basically how you save your progress. I myself still have been unable to find a place to fish, despite the fact that that's one of the few tools they give you to start, so don't bother with that for now.

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
  • Sometimes you have to step back to appreciate art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: June 05, 2009, 12:54:18 pm »

So..
You're jealous we're successful and you're not, so you're trying to fuck us over to gain an advantage?

Cool. It's not going to work though.

Captain Hat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: June 05, 2009, 12:55:24 pm »

Great, a quick question though. Is there a big map I can view in game? Or am I limited to the one in the corner?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: June 05, 2009, 01:02:22 pm »

I might do.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: June 05, 2009, 01:05:26 pm »

A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: June 05, 2009, 01:09:43 pm »

Welp, gotta say, I'm kind of impressed with how quickly this game started acting like a real community- complete with feuds. How about we just say that Shockedfrog is RPing a barbarian? So, if he attacks, ya kill him.

Since I'm already halfway there, I think I'm going to continue on my way to Bottleneck, but I'm not going to stay long.

Isn't there a song about headn' west?

I don't buy RP excuses unless a game is RP intensive.  This game is not (currently, anyway), so I'm just going to believe that this person is a professional griefer, and all should deal accordingly.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 171