Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 171

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth  (Read 209647 times)

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth
« Reply #750 on: June 03, 2009, 11:23:07 am »

Oh yeah, I didn't congratulate you on your kill, Vahan. We need to make you a steel warhammer and a purple cloak :p

Does anyone think there's a market for straw hats? We got more straw than we'll ever need.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: June 03, 2009, 11:24:29 am »

We can make a shitload of straw baskets to store food. Duh.

I caught a dozen of perches. If anyone wants to become smart, go ahead.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: June 03, 2009, 12:45:28 pm »

damn, i really need to get on the food issue as well. also, if you were a guinea pig eatin fud, what kind of fud would you be eatin? and should i just go crazy with the wheat seeds we have already? or should i limit it to a point?
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: June 03, 2009, 01:25:55 pm »

Wait.  Wait wait wait wait.  That's the same exact person who I caught stealing from my home at the original settlement, and who probably stole from it later when I didn't catch them.  KILL.  FIND AND KILL UNTIL THEY QUIT THE GAME.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: June 03, 2009, 01:47:43 pm »

Whom?
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: June 03, 2009, 01:51:12 pm »

The one who went to Bottleneck to tree-grief it.  Except this was their main character.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: June 03, 2009, 03:00:02 pm »

I have to agree. This isn't the first time Shockedfrog has gotten complaints about being an asshole.

But I think countergriefing isn't in order to solve such a problem. By all means of course, kill him if you see him, but there's really no need to go out of your way and make him leave the game.

At some point, we all know tree regrowth will be in order (I don't think the developers intended getting branches and apples from half a map a way, as this would be a major unfun pain in the ass) sooner or a little later, so its not a super big deal long term.

See anyone cutting down important gatherer designated trees, give brief warning, and cut them down when they don't listen.

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: June 03, 2009, 03:09:03 pm »

See anyone cutting down important gatherer designated trees, give brief warning, and cut them down when they don't listen.

Giving a warning gives them time to complete this task.  Cut them down, THEN ask questions.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #758 on: June 03, 2009, 03:28:32 pm »

I've gotta take a look at this!
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: June 03, 2009, 03:46:50 pm »

Malicus has a point. CUT THEM DOWN, than ask them questions. Good revise.

Also. started on a bit of a side grinding project. 790 Basket construction sites to go. Did you know that 10 Basket Construction sites gives you 500-600 LP plus gathering the branches? Nifty!

So imagine 800. That's 40000-43000 LP!

HOLY CRAAAAP.

Good news is, I'm doing it next to the apple tree that DIDN'T get cut down. So apples for eating. For awhile.

So it took me around, three or four minutes to do ten baskets. So I figure I'll be done in a few hours.

Yeah, seems like I'm doing a whole lot of nothing, but think about it.

A WorkerDrone with all skills, along with a large amount into Melee for LANDCARP CRUSHING and TREEGREIFER CUTTING is better than what ya got now. Well actually, I have a large amount of skills already considering its only been a few days, almost all the 1000 costing skills. So I could already be useful right now.

But I wanna smash foxes.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 03:53:06 pm by WorkerDrone »

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: June 03, 2009, 03:59:53 pm »

Trying to get into this, but the file is a .psp which I haveth no means to openeth. Help me please...eth.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: June 03, 2009, 04:02:09 pm »

i would actually recommend marksmanship workerdrone. it's much safer than melee. although it may be useful to have a melee dude to save on arrows.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: June 03, 2009, 04:08:28 pm »

Alright, after today I got a few ideas about the town:

1. Food processing needs to be optimized. And understood by all. I'll likely make a chart of the various stockpiles involved later, but understand we just need more farms. If we have enough farms to keep a farmer busy for a good ten minutes of nonstop farming, then we are doing good.
 2. Foxes and boars seem to completely stop all activity. Unless there happens to be a hunter nearby, they can stop our food industry. I propose a wall of sorts. It will be costly, but with it up we can funnel wildlife to the two or three entrances to the town.
 3. Paths need to be at least two wide. We must enforce this, or else massive traffic jams result.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

shockedfrog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: June 03, 2009, 04:12:19 pm »

While I've performed a few silly pranks (like swapping runestones around) and I've stolen some stuff from, well, everywhere (though I can promise that if someone has taken stuff from your place since that time, Malicus, I am not the culprit) I don't think I've done anything truly assholish (depends on the definition, of course - i'm using the horribly vague 'doing things not in the spirit of the game') until this, and it's because of the way it was done and not because of the action itself that I'm sorry about it. Keep in mind that you guys - and I mean this with great respect - are a threat, not an active one to my life but one that would make it difficult to compete in any area of the game. I believe that sabotage under normal circumstances (that is, not using an expendable alt) for the purposes of slowing down your development to allow myself the chance to catch up is a perfectly legitimate tactic and one you should be prepared to defend against/cope with.

I should point out that, having punished myself through a permadeath that I feel counteracts any advantage I may have gained from my actions, I have now changed my main's name for (at least temporary) protection, since i'm not too keen on getting beat up by people who are getting crazy LP from stuck bears and will probably have a 100% hit rate on me. I consider this reasonable, as I feel reincarnation should mean a chance to avoid the mistakes of previous lives. I know that you guys are capable of coping with the effects for now and hope that your loss can be replaced in the not too far future, and I look forward to our future interactions, whatever form they may take.

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: June 03, 2009, 04:13:00 pm »

Trying to get into this, but the file is a .psp which I haveth no means to openeth. Help me please...eth.

A...  .psp?  How are you finding THAT?  o.O
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 171