Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 171

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth  (Read 209632 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth
« Reply #705 on: June 02, 2009, 08:10:20 pm »

It would be nice to have a map of everything in the town. Sometimes I think we are straddling another town.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: June 02, 2009, 08:22:02 pm »

Thanks DJ for helping me get set up in town.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I can't bake or use the quern. I have baking, and I can access the oven but not the quern. When I open the oven I can't put sticks or anything else in it.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: June 02, 2009, 08:35:47 pm »

You don't need to access it like the oven. You just right click on it, the character walks up to it and nothing happens. Only, now you can make flour in craft->cooking menu.

Anyway, any hunters online? I found a herd of sheep in Northeast, by the cliff by the river. I'd kill them myself, but I'm going to get tea.

*edit* Also, I think the trade depot is a great idea.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 09:09:12 pm by DJ »
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: June 02, 2009, 08:55:12 pm »

I don't think it is baking that gives the flour recipe, another player suggested that it might be farming. So I'm going to try and work towards that.

niltrias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gaijinninjas.com
« Reply #709 on: June 02, 2009, 09:00:54 pm »

Future...
Tonight, (thats about 8 hours from now) Ill be back on an willing to help out with the trip up to the settlement by the lake.  Which is a really long way to say it.  Laketown. ah.
Ahem
If you want some help caravaning some trade goods up to laketown, Id be happy to help.
Gero! Gero! Bwahahahaha!

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: June 02, 2009, 09:11:23 pm »

I understand my actions were controversial at best, so if the community decides they were not appropriate and asks me to move out, let me know and I will do so without argument.

Anyone who responds to a complaint with "WAAAH MOOMMY" deserves worse. You did the right thing.

You make leather by killing rabbits and killing and skinning sheep and cows, then putting the raw skin into drying racks. Once they dry, you take the skins out and put them into tanning tubs. Tanning tubs have to be fueled with water (bucket on a well) and tree bark. Once they finish in the tanning tub they'll be leather.
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

niltrias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gaijinninjas.com
« Reply #711 on: June 02, 2009, 09:21:57 pm »

I understand my actions were controversial at best, so if the community decides they were not appropriate and asks me to move out, let me know and I will do so without argument.

First I have to suppress my urge to make a .....Has GONE BERSERK! joke...Ah, too late.
Seriously-
I wasnt there, and Im not taking sides, but I dont see this as any justification for you leaving.
It might point to a need for some kind of conflict resolution though.
Gero! Gero! Bwahahahaha!

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: June 02, 2009, 09:38:15 pm »

I have joined up as miner/smelter/woodburner/smith. I have already made a miners helmet and mined three loads of ore. I also put some straw baskets in the smithing area to hold ore, bars, and charcoal.

Another job I noticed that needs filling is a tanner. There are many dry hides that need tanning.
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

Cerej

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: June 02, 2009, 09:39:22 pm »

Is somebody else running around killing foxes around Bottleneck or am I being extremely forgetful?

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: June 02, 2009, 09:40:22 pm »

im torn between my production based personal belief right now. what does the community think would help the most? max nature or max industry?
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: June 02, 2009, 09:44:15 pm »

I killed a couple in self defence. Couldn't carry them because I got tea.

And we have more use for a max nature person. We're a bit short on food with all these new immigrants.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: June 02, 2009, 09:49:51 pm »

I plan on becoming max nature when I move there. It seems like we need a lot more max nature people than max industry people - food is always in demand and always will be, but eventually all we'll need metal for is the occasional new piece of armor.
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: June 02, 2009, 10:49:49 pm »

I've mentioned this a few times on IRC, but I don't think I posted it here.  I'm not going to move back down to Bottleneck right away.  I -did- move away from the original colony, though.  I've moved near a forest near the border of rings 2 and 3, and I'm in the process of requesting a mine for that spot.  If someone wants to join me here, then there's room.  Also, I'm working on going max industry, so having someone around who is instead going for nature would be a good thing.

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: June 02, 2009, 10:50:06 pm »

Metal working and smithing has just been given a major overhaul. There now seem to three kinds of metals. Steel, Cast Iron, and Wrought Iron. There is also a new skill: Steelmaking. And some new buildings to go with it.

Fear not! As the village smith I shall master this new technology for the glory of Armok!

Oh and: "Battle axe of the Twelfth Bay" :)

Link to the topic about it.

Apparently stones can be used to pave roads.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 11:06:52 pm by Vucar Fikodastesh »
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: June 02, 2009, 11:16:10 pm »

I've mentioned this a few times on IRC, but I don't think I posted it here.  I'm not going to move back down to Bottleneck right away.  I -did- move away from the original colony, though.  I've moved near a forest near the border of rings 2 and 3, and I'm in the process of requesting a mine for that spot.  If someone wants to join me here, then there's room.  Also, I'm working on going max industry, so having someone around who is instead going for nature would be a good thing.

i may decide to move in with you, i want to get the rest of the skills first though.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 171