Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 171

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth  (Read 209620 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth
« Reply #690 on: June 02, 2009, 04:53:19 pm »

Alright, I might get interested in this. What is needed, so that I may be of some assistance?
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
  • Sometimes you have to step back to appreciate art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: June 02, 2009, 05:35:41 pm »

Yes! I finally made it.

Is there a way to bring up a chat log? I keep missing everyones bubbles.

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: June 02, 2009, 05:58:42 pm »

Eep, I found where you were.  You were deep into what is colloquially known as "Mordor".  Bottleneck was quite a bit west and a little north from there.  (Well, okay, more than a little north, but it was west even further.  Which meant you were way east-southeast from Bottleneck.)  But you made it, you say?

And no, there's no chat log for the bubbles right now.  Private chat and party chat has logs, though.

And by not on the map, did you check the WHOLE map?  http://www.havenandhearth.com/portal/res/map.png  See if you can find it on there and see just how far off you were...  start from the vaguely 3-ish water and look east-southeast from there.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 06:16:55 pm by Malicus »

niltrias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gaijinninjas.com
« Reply #693 on: June 02, 2009, 06:14:44 pm »

Who has been building that road to the lake? It's fine to help our immigrants find the way, but we don't want to take it too close to Brodgar or we'll have a bunch of thieving newbies in our stockpile.

That was me.  Im not building it any further.   I just wanted paths the the all the nearby resources, which would have worn grass lines anyway.  I was going to go to the south west edge of the lake and post a runestone saying something like -  S - Dwarfs! N - Everything else...
Gero! Gero! Bwahahahaha!

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
  • Sometimes you have to step back to appreciate art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: June 02, 2009, 06:15:50 pm »

Ah right. I'll just have to cope, then. But yeah, I went to the H&H forums and found the full map and saw where I was. I logged and reverted back to my hearth fire and gave it another shot. Set up my hearthfire again over here out of the way. Good to be here now, though. It's alot more organized than the other settlement in newbie territory. It'll take me a while to learn where everything is, but is there some kind of food stock pile? My hunger is almost at 0.

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: June 02, 2009, 06:18:02 pm »

Find an apple tree and pick apples from it.  I haven't been there lately, but there should be one somewhere around there.  Apples are currently infinite.

Also, there are links to an IRC webchat (or you could join it with an IRC client) a few pages back.  A fair number of people are there now.  Any new people may want to join it.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 06:22:29 pm by Malicus »

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: June 02, 2009, 06:44:36 pm »

Hey I just started playing the game and I was just wondering a few things:

How do you make dream catchers?
How do you make a backpack?
and how do you make boards?

Thank you

BTW: I might join the Dwarven outpost after I get some more skills
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: June 02, 2009, 07:19:51 pm »

Currently have most skills. But upon reading that even at 10 Melee its almost impossible to hit a fox, and the fact that its so irritating trying to get Iron Bars, and an even more irritating fact that armor can break, and a SUPER irritating fact that trees WON'T regrow yet, I've been delayed. Maybe for a few more days.

I'm going to under take a SUPER grinding project.

I will (to the 9/10 to reduce clutter and destroy) create 800 Baskets.

This, if my calculations are correct, will bring my Melee up to 25, which seems a fair number for killing foxes with relative ease, and still have enough left over to get the rest of the few skills I'm missing.

So. That's 800 Basket Construction sites to be completed (and destroyed upon completion, so likely rows of 100 each until I've done it eight times) and I'll need 20 more Iron Bars. And a backpack. And a few spare candles I think if they go out (for mining helmet). The Iron bars are for a set of Platemail, and then a back up.

That pretty much leaves me room to also carry what Iron equipment I decide to make for myself so I don't need to drag off of Dwarven resources and can set to work on pretty much anything immediately.

I would of course be on the ball between whether or not I wanted to be a Hunter, if I was any good at it, or a Miner.

Mining, simply because its for MYSELF, has been tedious and hard. But it seems likes there's a full blown INDUSTRY on mining at Bottleneck.

Yes. Bottleneck. It even SOUNDS like Dwarf Fortress.

So mining sounds like fun. Tea and Sausage in the depths of the dark mine.

Milaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: June 02, 2009, 07:32:05 pm »

to update everyone on the events that just transpired. 

I asked Den to move or shrink his claim next to the mine, I asked when he got on, but he may not have seen it then, and again a little later.  I tried to be nice, but I will admit I was irritated.  The convo spiraled a bit, he got personally insulting towards me, and I responded with force. 

After 2 incaps I let Den get up, and he logged, down a few HHP. 

At the point where I used force the claim had already been taken down, (though he had collected materials for a new claim) I want to make it clear that my actions with regards to using force were due to the personal insults being levied against me, not due to some "law enforcer" mindset. This is a pvp game, and if someone feels the need to bring personal insults into a dispute, I feel the need to bring pvp into it.

I understand my actions were controversial at best, so if the community decides they were not appropriate and asks me to move out, let me know and I will do so without argument.

Milaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: June 02, 2009, 07:33:27 pm »

Currently have most skills. But upon reading that even at 10 Melee its almost impossible to hit a fox.

Melee 10 is sufficient to hit a fox, and kill it with relative ease in the early rings.   Out in ring 7 though I think melee is pretty much pointless, the mobs simply do too much dps for you to go to melee with them. 

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: June 02, 2009, 07:45:10 pm »

...What if you had 100 Melee?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: June 02, 2009, 07:55:37 pm »

Alright, got to the outpost. Set my fire in the middle of the group of similar fires, and now I have little idea of what to do. I'll likely just explore the town and mooch resources 'till I have enough experience to get a skill that is needed.

So, any needed skills?
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

niltrias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: June 02, 2009, 07:58:07 pm »

Personally, I think we need more food production.  Its pretty rare to see a well stocked larder, especially considering the size of the communitty
Bakers are what i think we need most
Gero! Gero! Bwahahahaha!

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: June 02, 2009, 08:02:28 pm »

How DO you make leather?

niltrias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: June 02, 2009, 08:08:34 pm »

How about adding a (Trade Depot) area to Bottleneck?   A place to stockpile the things we are getting ready to ship to another settlement?  that way we wont get all ready to make a big trip, then suddenly find out that we dont have any of the promised supplies...
Gero! Gero! Bwahahahaha!
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 171