Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 171

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth  (Read 209503 times)

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth
« Reply #645 on: June 02, 2009, 11:04:40 am »

Can anyone please kill that boar in the mine area? I want to build herbalist tables there for drying tea (I've started a tea field next to mine), and I can't do it because of the boar.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
  • Sometimes you have to step back to appreciate art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: June 02, 2009, 11:09:45 am »

How do you make bricks? I want to build an oven.

I'm currently set up deep inside a forest not far from the starting area. An abundance of rabbits and trees, I wanted to get loads of skills up before I ventured down to the land carp haven known as Bottleneck.

Edit:
Actually, I have a few questions.
How do you make shear sheep and milk cows?
How do you harvest crops?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 11:49:04 am by Detrevni|inverteD »

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 02, 2009, 11:18:46 am »

Actually, Bottleneck is very safe right now, thanks to our hunters. Any fox that dares to enter is sausage. Trip here, on the other hand, isn't so safe.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: June 02, 2009, 11:31:57 am »

Awww crap, I'm stuck at "loading" even if I dont have a router.

Fun thing is... somebody said "hello" and initiated combat. I can see I'm in combat, and that's it. Screen is still black and telling me it's loading...  that sucks.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: June 02, 2009, 11:45:58 am »

I've got good news and bad news. Good news is that the boar is not in mine area any longer. The bad news is that it's in the stockpile.

*edit* scratch that, it went to the field.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 11:49:45 am by DJ »

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: June 02, 2009, 12:01:25 pm »

hmmm seems like I can run around, too. But the main screen stays black and tells me it's loading.

edit: pretty weird... If I move south from the point where you exit the "character creation area" far enough, I can see the ground and my own avatar ... and basically all the stuff around.

Seems it's just having trouble loading the initial map... let'S see, maybe I can -sort of- play this after all
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 12:10:13 pm by Puck »

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: June 02, 2009, 12:41:55 pm »

God damn it, I should never have signed up for the job. Had to build a THIRD oven to take care of all the seeds. I just logged off for some time...

Also, congrats to our crack hunters. They keep this village safe.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: June 02, 2009, 12:45:42 pm »

Imagine what it'd be like if I had someone to help me harvest :p

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Milaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: June 02, 2009, 12:52:27 pm »

watch out when baking, if you leave it in the oven too long it turns to ash.  you have to watch it.  (which is dumb)

Dwarfu

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: June 02, 2009, 12:53:21 pm »

You coordinator types need to post an edited post (perhaps the first post) that shows the current status of the settlement, who's doing what, and what's needed.

I've built a little farmstead not far from the RoB, skilled up, and got to know everything.  I should be ready to move out there and help out - I have all the skills (except the murder and trespass), so I can do whatever jobs come up.  I've been taking life & nature preferences so far, so I'd be better at farming, though I do like to choke out some rabbits now and again.  I enjoy cooking and food production, and have recently taken up using a bow and arrows for some hunting.

I could also bring seeds for carrots, wheat, hops, grapes, and hemp if necessary.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 12:55:54 pm by Dwarfu »

Dwarfu

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: June 02, 2009, 12:54:24 pm »

watch out when baking, if you leave it in the oven too long it turns to ash.  you have to watch it.  (which is dumb)

Not really, that's what a baker does.  I find I can get 3 batches out of a full-fueled oven before it runs out, though I'm usually running around, so you might could get more out of it.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: June 02, 2009, 12:55:05 pm »

OH SHIT.

Well, we had the glorious idea to export our honeybuns (we have more than 20 of em) to Brodgar and get Charcoal. Sounds good.

We will need to spread word first. Then, the actual expedition will come, consisting of... perhaps two hunters (do we have two?) and some haulers. Oh, it will be glorious. Can't forget the backpacks though.

Also, server down.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 12:57:18 pm by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: June 02, 2009, 01:00:43 pm »

All right, we're producing tons of honey buns. We just can't spend all the honey we're harvesting, and wheat is pretty productive too. So, we should look into exporting honey buns. Making them is a pretty involved process, so they should fetch a fair price. Here's what ideas I had in mind:

1) Trade agreement with another village (Future is already working on this).
2) A caravan to Brodgar to sell honeybuns to newbs. We should make it arrive at a certain time of day so that our customers know when to come to trade. We should also spread the word so they know about it.
3) A trading post in Brodgar. Basically, build a house, fill it with honeybuns and station someone there to trade. Rotation would be needed to combat boredom.

1 is a must, and we should do either 2 or 3 along with it. What I'm thinking about importing is charcoal, planks, and assorted wooden stuff. Wood is a limited resource, so we want to conserve our forest as much as possible.

*edit* I was typing this post as Errol was posting his, so sorry for redundancy.

Also, Dwarfu, please bring as many carrot and grape seeds as you can. We got enough of the rest. And you should be pleased to know that there's a demand for another farmer/miller/cook.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 01:02:40 pm by DJ »

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
  • Sometimes you have to step back to appreciate art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: June 02, 2009, 01:08:24 pm »

Can someone post the map again that shows where Bottleneck is? It sounds like a good time to migrate.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: June 02, 2009, 01:30:24 pm »

I am so confused.
!!&!!
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 171