Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 171

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth  (Read 209490 times)

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2009, 02:03:52 am »

If theres a DF group in the works, I want in!

niltrias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gaijinninjas.com
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2009, 02:57:49 am »

Got that fixed, logged in, choose gender, got dressed, typed in my name...and it crashed.
Now when I try to connect, it says that it cannot connect to the server.  Anyone else having this problem?
Yes, same here. It appears the server is down for now.
That`s kind of a relief.  I thought I`d screwed up some basic thing again.  Like not checking my spam folder.
Gero! Gero! Bwahahahaha!

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2009, 03:05:17 am »

Yeah the server's down for me to.

Oddly, I didn't even get to the character creation phase, I just plain can't log in.

But this is also a relief, because it means that I'm not having application problems, the server is just being a dick.

niltrias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2009, 03:10:32 am »

Well, I can`t do anything now either, so I suspect it went down while I was actually logged in, and has continued to be down since then, which is why you had problems.
Bah.
I need a game to play.  So little weekend remaining to me.
Gero! Gero! Bwahahahaha!

jorb

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2009, 03:11:56 am »

I happen to have it on good authority that at least 50% of the Haven & Hearth dev team is a huge fan of Dwarf Fortress, who once flooded his mines while trying to get the fortress to play tic-tac-toe...

The server is down at the moment, and my lazy code gnome went to bed two hours ago. Expect them both to be up again in one standard lazy code gnome sleep cycle.

Thank you all for all the input, comments and kind words about the game. We've been working hard on it for a year and a half now, and its great to finally start seeing someone else besides us playing and having fun with it. We still have a long way to go with this project, but we both love the living daylights out of it. DF has been a huge source of inspiration for me in working on the game, so it's especially great to see other DF players taking an interest.

And about DF being more hardcore... yes. For now.  ;)

Would love to see you all in Haven, but don't let it take any time away from the fortress!

Cheers!

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2009, 03:16:07 am »

For now?

Dude, the World Generation system has you guys behind by six years alone. Toady is just...unbeatable. The little things he puts into each and every detail...breath taking.

But I will enjoy your game. WHEN I CAN FINALLY PLAY IT.  :P

niltrias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2009, 03:26:35 am »

For now?

Dude, the World Generation system has you guys behind by six years alone. Toady is just...unbeatable. The little things he puts into each and every detail...breath taking.

But I will enjoy your game. WHEN I CAN FINALLY PLAY IT.  :P
Here here!
but just TRYING to match the awesomeness that is DF would result its own level of awesomeness.  So I`m all for watching you try to catch up!
Gero! Gero! Bwahahahaha!

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2009, 03:28:42 am »

I happen to have it on good authority that at least 50% of the Haven & Hearth dev team is a huge fan of Dwarf Fortress, who once flooded his mines while trying to get the fortress to play tic-tac-toe...

The server is down at the moment, and my lazy code gnome went to bed two hours ago. Expect them both to be up again in one standard lazy code gnome sleep cycle.

Thank you all for all the input, comments and kind words about the game. We've been working hard on it for a year and a half now, and its great to finally start seeing someone else besides us playing and having fun with it. We still have a long way to go with this project, but we both love the living daylights out of it. DF has been a huge source of inspiration for me in working on the game, so it's especially great to see other DF players taking an interest.

And about DF being more hardcore... yes. For now.  ;)

Would love to see you all in Haven, but don't let it take any time away from the fortress!

Cheers!

And thank you for making a cool game. The art style has grown on me immensely since I saw the trailer on YouTube. It didn't do it justice.

One thing I'd like to see: personal security/ownership. I don't feel very safe at all due to the fact that anyone at any time could march in and walk out with the wicker basket currently holding my meager food supply. Wurm Online had an interesting solution to this: Locksmithing. It was a blacksmithing branch if I remember correctly, allowing the forging of metal locks and keys for houses and gates around yards.

Can't wait to see what you have in store.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2009, 03:59:07 am »

I was actually planning on setting up shop where you are Tilla. Sounds like a reasonable place to put a holding, and maybe we can build up some sort of community with more people there.

What's that you say? You just walked in and stole my food supply?

A dozen or so rather BORED Bay12 members jump out. Well we have ways of dealing with THEFT around here. Or any injustice for that matter. It usually involves an axe to the face.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2009, 04:09:57 am »

I am joining. Sadly the servers are offline for a while, but I will wait.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2009, 04:24:16 am »

@jorb: Eh... Could you investigate my problem?
Hmm...

My java client exited, after I finished loading the game.

Edit: it says
Code: [Select]
Failed to validate certificate.
The Application will not be executed.

Name: Java Binding to the OpenGL API
Publisher: Sun Microsystem, Inc.

There WAS a problem with the game's digital signature, but I have fixed it.

It seems that Java hate me... Why? I am a Javan...

I want to play........... T_T

Edit: This seems to be problem with Java itself, so I'm trying to find any information about this.
I do not get much, though. Will reinstalling java help?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 04:27:11 am by IndonesiaWarMinister »

Future

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2009, 04:48:17 am »

I guess i could give it a try when the server is up again, doesn't look like a bad game.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2009, 05:00:58 am »

Server was up for a while but went down again... Waiting :D.

And by the way
http://www.havenandhearth.com/portal/res/map.png

P.S. I love this tendency. At first Faery Tale Online, now This. It looks like Toady finally attracts some people with creativity AND ability to use it AND ability to finish and maintain their deeds... And now we may expect the games of our dreams, not those commercial soulless corpses.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 05:04:06 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Future

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2009, 05:45:10 am »

The server appears to be fine atm so ill attempt to learn the game :).

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2009, 05:55:57 am »

Looks interesting from the brief look at the site and trailer. I'll have a better look when I've got some time in a few days.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 171