Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 171

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth  (Read 209694 times)

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
  • Sometimes you have to step back to appreciate art.
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth
« Reply #975 on: June 05, 2009, 09:15:29 pm »

We really need some public herbalists tables either by the clay pit with the kilns around it or relatively near the communial stockpiles.

Maric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: June 05, 2009, 09:26:49 pm »

I don't play the game but found this an interesting topic but Frog couldn't you do it on your main at least   :o? I mean every excuse you throw out there won't work due to you just doing this on alts  :-\.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: June 05, 2009, 09:54:56 pm »

So has anyone actually planted a tree yet? I've got two that are just reaching the 3/4 mark on germination.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: June 05, 2009, 09:59:20 pm »

Got to bottleneck, awesome. Dennis gave me his cabin and field. Awesome. Currently have a small stockpile of fish and am grinding dreamcatchers. Thanks Cerej for ferrying me from the half-way house to the main settlement proper.

shockedfrog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: June 05, 2009, 10:05:35 pm »

Maric, as a non-player I don't really blame you for being too lazy to read everything in detail. To sum it up, I'm not using alts. I did use an alt at the start for a different reason, and then got a bit distracted and did something kinda bad that started all of this and at that point I realised it was a pretty lame thing to do, apologized, punished myself in a way that I think any reasonable person would consider suitable, and have used my main since then. This was of course a stupid thing to do, and the right thing to do would have been to blame someone else. Anyway, it gets a bit more confusing because the game uses a kind of permadeath, a new character can inherit some stats from the previous character but is allowed to use a new name, and one of the staff has stated the intent that in a future version, dead player names will be unavailable so reincarnated characters will have to use new names. Because of this, I personally think it's ok to use this feature now, even though it's not forced yet. However, others believe that until that feature is enforced, we should live the opposite way, which would probably be more acceptable in other games. It's another grey area, I guess, but although I've been under different names, the characters I've used since the initial regrettable incident have always been what I would consider my main character.

EDIT: BTW, come and play! Why are you a non-player?

ThreeToe

• The Natural
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #980 on: June 05, 2009, 10:28:57 pm »

shockedfrog has been banned for griefing and bringing MMO drama onto this board.  He signed on 5 days ago just to cause trouble in this thread, apparently.
Show your true champion nature:  support Bay 12 games!

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: June 05, 2009, 10:40:12 pm »

Approximately how long does it take for a dream catcher to get a dream? I have a new player who settled on my land and he lost his dream. I made a catcher for him so he could make a hearth, but neither of us can find anything on how long.

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: June 05, 2009, 10:41:58 pm »

I read somewhere that it catches 2 dreams a game day.  (I also think that it "holds" two at max.)

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: June 05, 2009, 10:47:58 pm »

I read somewhere that it catches 2 dreams a game day.  (I also think that it "holds" two at max.)

ahh thanks muchly!

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: June 05, 2009, 10:52:20 pm »

Wooteh, you bastard! You took my bone arrows!

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: June 05, 2009, 10:57:20 pm »

I feel so neglected  :'(. Org'eh left me and Dragooble has to wait til' tomorrow to come to my settlement. I'm only one cast iron away from a finery forge, though I do still need an anvil and I want to make a cauldron so I can start putting my tea harvest to use.

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: June 05, 2009, 10:58:45 pm »

You know...  I have a settlement where I'm all alone, and I have a good metal operation going (minus the mine), but I'm all industry, so I lack farming.  Maybe you could come to me?  =o

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: June 05, 2009, 11:01:52 pm »

Do you have very much small game near your place, do you have very many trees, is your storage space good, and do you have a well?

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: June 05, 2009, 11:04:00 pm »

Well, the animals are random, but I can take the foxes quite easily, I'm by a forest, my storage space is currently indoors, all on my property (though I could help haul yours over), and I have two wells -- one in the forest, and one a little further away in the plains.  Maybe there are more, but I didn't look.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: June 05, 2009, 11:09:19 pm »

Hmmm... It sounds like our settlements are pretty much identical. Buuut, if it sways your mind at all, the developers are supposed to have made a decision on mines by now, and Dragooble will be coming to live at my settlement. I'd be able to feed you two while you two work together as the metal-mashin duo. Also, I have about 1/4th of an acre of claimed land, and rapidly expanding.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 171