Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 171

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth  (Read 209713 times)

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth
« Reply #960 on: June 05, 2009, 07:49:49 pm »

Oh crap.. damnit damnit damnit. Right as I was about to place the VERY LAST board for my cabin, I accidentally pressed destroy. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: June 05, 2009, 07:51:32 pm »

Oh no!  He's not a lunatic anymore!  Get the shotgun!

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: June 05, 2009, 07:53:24 pm »

Debvon - I feel for you. But at least now you have a mild wait time instead of a trek to every damn corner of the earth in order to get new wood.

Shockedfrog - Could you please go back to quite thiefing and stop picking on Bottleneck? After all, even Al Capone never robbed the same joint twice!
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: June 05, 2009, 07:57:21 pm »

That is true sonerohi. I suppose now I should work on repopulating the world's trees!

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: June 05, 2009, 07:59:20 pm »

Yaaay, dawn is coming!

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
  • Sometimes you have to step back to appreciate art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: June 05, 2009, 08:18:13 pm »

Shockedfrog doesn't seem to be responding to my inquests anymore. Hmm. Oh well, it's probably for the best.

It's only a matter of time until we have the Bottleneck tree farm. Good times are coming.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: June 05, 2009, 08:19:26 pm »

So how do I fuel this kiln of mine? I read on the forums that you can put branches in, and the fuel meter has to be above 50%; however it's not letting me drop branches into it and wooden blocks don't seem to react to the light button.

Edit: Haha, I am dumb. Nevermind, I found out.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: June 05, 2009, 08:27:41 pm »

Oh gee, that last restart made my kiln vanish; but I got my unbuilt cabin back! Woohoo, this game is scaring me.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: June 05, 2009, 08:50:59 pm »

I'm sure if we still have a substantial number of people apart of Bottleneck (hope to god) things will return to normal, besides the occasional trouble maker.

Steel operation will no longer be carried out without a very serious watch on all crucibles. Everyone apart of the Bay12 community should have added each other to their kin list.

When these people log on (check your list) immediately add them to your party so you can keep track of them.

If a person you do not know so much as goes NEAR the crucibles, knock them out, and if they don't have any heat and it was a misunderstanding, offer them a gauze turban and offer a sorry for security measures.

Things like mining, farming, and smelting will continue as normal, things like steel making and tree farming will require a guard to walk by every two hours or so, and mill around for maybe fifteen minutes. Guards should of course be the people who are living in Bottleneck and not far away.

I think I'll work on my combat skills for now. 25 Archery for animal killing, and around 35-40 Melee should do. Oh, and lots of bread and Boar meatz. For Constitution and Strength.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 08:53:05 pm by WorkerDrone »

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: June 05, 2009, 08:55:45 pm »

All fear Sonerohi, ring three fox slayer! I are extremely proud! Gonna save the meat for sausages.

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
  • Sometimes you have to step back to appreciate art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: June 05, 2009, 08:58:45 pm »

Wow, making tree pots gives quite a bit of XP, when all you need to do is stand by a clay pit and make them. I'm getting 65xp per pot.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: June 05, 2009, 09:04:07 pm »

What is the trick to growing on a farm plot? I've gotten seeds before from some flowers (called flax I believe?) but I think I could only grow grass with them? 

Oh and is there a way to unlight the kiln when you're done with it? (I'm guessing water)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 09:07:55 pm by debvon »

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: June 05, 2009, 09:07:33 pm »

CLAY PIT?

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: June 05, 2009, 09:08:31 pm »

CLAY PIT?

Yes there are big tan areas on the map with clay pits on them, little bubbling mud-looking puddles. Infinite clay!

shockedfrog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: June 05, 2009, 09:14:33 pm »

Detrevni, I didn't really think there was much to say, just another strange real life law comparison that would lead to less and less sensible arguments.

Oh, I did forget to reply to the extortion thing. If I murdered any of you, I'd be rather disappointed if you just disappeared instead of humming your preferred yay-i-lost tune while you reincarnate. Why would I be any different?
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 171