Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 171

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth  (Read 209759 times)

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth
« Reply #900 on: June 05, 2009, 02:34:41 pm »

i still haven't gotten my awnser of why our success is impeding him.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: June 05, 2009, 02:37:21 pm »

Edited to remove offensive content.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 02:44:48 pm by sonerohi »
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: June 05, 2009, 02:41:13 pm »

please don't make personal attacks on him and his past. it makes it look like he's winning.
EDIT: also, i think i'm gonna make my own camp a bit away from bottleneck for supplies and such. i'm not gonna mark it on the map though because shocked frog might decide i'm a threat to his success and ruin THAT camps shit too. i'll come back every so often to give you my supplies and such. or if you REALLY want to come out there i'll pm you the location. keep it secret though ok?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 02:44:02 pm by Dragooble »

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: June 05, 2009, 02:43:50 pm »

Was not an attack, merely a poor attempt at a very morbid joke.

Come to my place dragooble. I have literally everything except a finery forge and an anvil.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 02:45:34 pm by sonerohi »

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: June 05, 2009, 02:48:07 pm »

I think we should protect our assets. Choose an active community member to stockpile our exceptionally valuable resources like steel in their claimed territory. We can arrange deposits and withdrawals through the forum. It is not a very practical system but we don't have a lot of options.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 02:57:07 pm by Wiles »

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: June 05, 2009, 02:50:12 pm »

Okay, I'm pissed, but cussing the poor bastard out won't exactly bring the trees back any sooner.

ShockedFrog, okay, you have intent to keep coming back? No matter how many of your Alts or so called 'mains' we kill? You intend to keep coming around and doing everything possible to impede other people's progress so long as you play this game, in whatever shape or form?

Well, this doesn't seem fair, not in the perspective that your simply using this as a way to slow other people down severely, but there are three things that we need to clear up if there's no more to say about what you did besides this or that.

1. Leaving that comment, when you act like your simply playing the game, was not a endearing thing. The more you bite back with your mouth, the less believable you are when you say you are simply achieving a goal and not trying to piss people off. For performing this maneuver, with an alt, and with your words, is not socially acceptable, and if you go from simple biting comments to actual verbal conflicts, your going to be in even more trouble. Play the game, annoy and pester us, don't say shit to us. If your not going to be reasonable, just don't talk to us anymore. Don't do it, because the more you do, the less respectable of a person you become.

2. I don't want to see you messing around with Hearth Fire shit and your Yeomanry. If another person gets stuck, on your own watch, I am going to report you, our woes aside, that you in full forethought intended to get someone stuck. I don't like you, but your a player playing the game, however in whatever twisting wording you choose, and however much of an asshole you might want to be, your still a challenger, and we'll find someway to overcome it.

3. As previously stated, if RP is going to be your excuse, than god fucking damn it, please shockedfrog, use your actual main character, the one your using to accomplish other things besides slowing us down. No more alts. Or you won't be able to use that excuse properly with out me calling bull shit. The more you use Alts to perform these actions, the more it qualifies as griefing. You don't do it unless you wanted the throwaway character you needed in order to accomplish nothing but that grief with that character, while still playing peacefully with your special one.

4. I have to say, now that this is doesn't involve the game, get the fuck out of my forum. I don't want to see you here. I don't like you, nay, on a psychological level, I despise and loath you. You have no right to come here simply to laugh about how much trouble you are to us.

Leave, my, god, damn, Dwarf Fortress. And never fucking come back.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: June 05, 2009, 03:03:30 pm »

Are there any practical ways to get boards without cutting down tons of trees?

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: June 05, 2009, 03:05:20 pm »

Are there any practical ways to get boards without cutting down tons of trees?

Nope.  However, if you use a metal saw instead of a bone saw, you get 6 boards instead of 4.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: June 05, 2009, 03:05:30 pm »

trading. and sonerohi, how close are you to a mine? i'm willing to come there if it means i can produce steel and lumber for my fellow bay12ers down at bottleneck.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: June 05, 2009, 03:21:32 pm »

trading. and sonerohi, how close are you to a mine? i'm willing to come there if it means i can produce steel and lumber for my fellow bay12ers down at bottleneck.

Half a minute at speed 3 heading northwest gets you to brodgar, I've found. We'd need to head a bit southeast-ish past a flax field for lumbering purposes, and we need to produce a lot of cast iron for the finery forge and anvil before we start working steel. The foundation has been laid though, and foxes are no problem here, considering I have a chest full of arrows, a straw basket full, and five urns full. Productional facilities include a quern, three drying racks, a cabin, an ore smelter, a kiln, a large wheat field, an oven, an apple tree, a well, a spinning wheel, two tanning tubs, and one of those patties that indefinitely produces clay.

Also, there are trees that are cleared for cutting about a minutes walk in any direction. There are some that are closer, but they are apple trees.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 03:24:07 pm by sonerohi »

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: June 05, 2009, 03:23:41 pm »

great! i think i'll be heading over there soonish.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: June 05, 2009, 03:24:36 pm »

Stand by the quern and look for a straw hat guy. I'm busy getting stone to improve the roadways.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: June 05, 2009, 03:37:59 pm »

A nice in-game response to shockedfrog's behaviour would be to put a price on his head. We should offer a basket full of bread to anyone that kills any of shockedfrog's characters.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: June 05, 2009, 03:40:18 pm »

that has been suggested. since shockedfrog seems to like this in game retaliation so much why don't we go ahead with it?

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: June 05, 2009, 03:43:59 pm »

I think the chest full of charcoal I own might turn up more bountyhunters?
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 171