Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 171

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth  (Read 209720 times)

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth
« Reply #855 on: June 05, 2009, 05:47:05 am »

I forgot to post about it last night, but I've established a new logging camp because our forest is depleted. Just follow the road south of the mine and you'll find it.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 06:29:49 am by DJ »
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: June 05, 2009, 08:51:03 am »

hahah its nice too see you guys posting, it feels like things are..developing. ha.

I'm building my first homestead to the west of the main-spawn-area [forgot the name], I've been having a hard time due to 1 [ONE] fox, that pwns the hell out of me.
But I'm getting some nice XP, will finishing builiding furnaces and stuff today, then I will just need a mine. bwhaha

When I get strong enough [as hunter/fighter] I will try to reach you guys out :)

--

Oh yeah, now I can't play more than 1h without this fox coming and pwning me again.
I'm like 2 "cm" [on the .png map] out of the Ring of Brodgar, got 4 on melee skill, still I can't even touch the damn "MONSTER".

So yeah, I'm gonna get archery and "CHEAT" my way through this invencible fox. When I get able to login again..
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 10:01:26 am by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: June 05, 2009, 10:26:52 am »

If anyone has extra grape seeds I'd be very appreciative if you wouldn't mind parting with some. I just got winemaking and I'd like to set up a little vinyard near my cabin.

EDIT: Looks like our apple trees have been cut down, again. And someone has put a claim in front of another players cabin, on top of their hearth fire, making them unable to play. Looks like bottleneck is going to be a greifer magnet :(

« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 10:34:41 am by Wiles »

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: June 05, 2009, 10:33:35 am »

I think I left two seeds in the stockpile when I brought seeds for my vineyard, but I'm not sure. If nothing, you can wait for the grapes in communal vineyard to ripen, and then take half seeds for yourself. I got my whole vine plot planted, so I'll use my extra seeds in the communal vineyard which means it'll get still get expanded.

Also, if anyone sees the apple murderer, get his name.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: June 05, 2009, 10:38:19 am »

Looks like shockedfrog is the culprit for putting the claim on the hearthfire in front of Johngaden's cabin.  :-\

His cabin was near the apple trees, so it isn't hard to guess who the apple killer is.

shockedfrog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: June 05, 2009, 10:48:04 am »

Again, I need to point out the misuse of the word griefer. Getting him stuck was not my intention and I am trying my hardest to find a way to get him unstuck. Everything else is perfectly legitimate gameplay.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: June 05, 2009, 10:52:36 am »

Again, I need to point out the misuse of the word griefer. Getting him stuck was not my intention and I am trying my hardest to find a way to get him unstuck. Everything else is perfectly legitimate gameplay.

Misuse of the word griefer?  ::)

You are causing other players grief for your own amusement. I don't see how it is being misused.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: June 05, 2009, 11:05:45 am »

Misuse of the word griefer?  ::)

You are causing other players grief for your own amusement. I don't see how it is being misused.
I believe his reasoning was posted on their official forums.

"A griefer is somebody who tries to ruin another players gameplay goals with no goals of their own." And with the nature of the game being making your own goals, ruining another players goals can be a goal and thus they are not a griefer.

I must point out how retardedly stupid that sounds, and that we will strike you down. No quarter shall be given. No mercy.

Don't. Fuck. With. Us.

Don't try to reason your way out either. Screw the textbook, a griefer is somebody who ruins something for everybody else. That is it, ya bastard.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: June 05, 2009, 11:12:57 am »

seriously, as much as i like the idea of the bay12 community starting a hippie commune and as much as i like being a productive member of said community ...

GET THE STICKS OUT OF YOUR ASSES.

Cutting down the apple trees is FAR from griefing. And you all react like little girls, too. So, getting so horribly stuck up over shockedfrog, that is griefing me. OH NOES.

Seriously, folks. It's a game.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: June 05, 2009, 11:14:45 am »

I haven't had the chance to totally learn the game yet as when I started, resources seemed VERY thin. I definitely plan on playing when they add replaceable trees and perhaps rocks too, but until then it just seems too.. something. It seems to lose playability as more and more people start to join at the moment, so I'm going to do everyone a favor by NOT joining.

Anyway, when I finally get the ropes of the game I plan on making a complete starter guide with directions to newby settlements (that I plan to construct myself). Does anybody know of any similar projects already on the way? Don't want to double up or anything.

edit: And as for the griefing thing, it doesn't seem like anybody is in the right here as it's a sandbox game. Now shockedfrog's intentions are quite clear, and in most other settings it WOULD be griefing; but with more added content I'm sure it'll be much easier to slay those who wish to obstruct. I read about the implementation of guards, the ability to only allow locals to enter town, etc etc. It's too bad that a single person out of the community is trying to fuck up as much as possible but that's just the way it goes. When you get a handful of people you're bound to get all different colors.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 11:20:18 am by debvon »

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: June 05, 2009, 11:19:14 am »

Okay, I gotta break it to you.

I moved out of Bay12 Settlement/Bottleneck. It stopped being enjoyable and started being a grind.

I apologize for stealing the following items (I'm really sorry, but I simply need some stuff, and it's mostly not that important...)

- Four leather, for a quiver.
- One dream, for the hearth.
- Eight or nine bread, as nutrition.
- About five wheat seeds.
- Two torches.
- One pair of clogs.

I think that should be all. I shall reveal my new home's location later, when I got that damn cabin up. It's in Mordor, however.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: June 05, 2009, 11:22:46 am »

Cutting down trees, at this stage of development, very well is harming the community. We depend on these trees for food, sticks for fuel to make bread and bark to tan our crapton of leather. As it stands, trees are a limited resource. They never grow back 'till such a function is added. Actions like this take away the fun of the game by adding the tedium of having travel far for resources we use all the time. Without fun, it ceases to be a game. It is being made a job.

Why do you oppose us doing our best to keep the game fun?
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: June 05, 2009, 11:34:08 am »

seriously, as much as i like the idea of the bay12 community starting a hippie commune and as much as i like being a productive member of said community ...

GET THE STICKS OUT OF YOUR ASSES.

Cutting down the apple trees is FAR from griefing. And you all react like little girls, too. So, getting so horribly stuck up over shockedfrog, that is griefing me. OH NOES.

Seriously, folks. It's a game.

He was cutting down apple trees for the express purpose of aggravating other players. Intent makes a huge difference. He's just going to keep making new characters and come back to cause more trouble (as he has already shown). The trees weren't the big issue though it was the fact that he plopped a claim down right in front of someone else's cabin. He is dead now, but I'm sure this is not the last time we will see him.

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
  • Sometimes you have to step back to appreciate art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: June 05, 2009, 11:34:45 am »

Thank you for making the game even more of a grinding chore.
You're an asshole.

Whatever terms we use to describe you are irrelevant, you commit crimes to impede our progress out of sadistic pleasure. It's pathetic. Seriousley, go and do something else.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 11:41:49 am by Detrevni|inverteD »

shockedfrog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: June 05, 2009, 11:57:29 am »

I don't ruin it for everybody else. There does seem to be a ridiculous attitude here that you guys are everybody and have the right to everything, and I really think that needs to be dealt with. It's only because there's a few of you that understand my rights as a player and opponent that I have any respect for you left at all. Those who are complaining about being far away from trees, move closer to the trees! I'm not the one ruining your fun, you are, by being so stubborn and thinking you have rights that you don't. Instead of whining and hating me for playing by the rules, how about making constructive suggestions on the forums for ways to keep the balance between you and potential enemies fair? Hell, how about trying to find an in-game way to keep me happy? You seem to think my aim is to make you unhappy and have totally ignored the possibility that I have the more obvious aim of simply gaining status through not allowing others power and wealth to vastly exceed my own.

By the way - those who decided to take advantage of my mistake, which you will note I have apologized for and taken the effort to correct, I am disappointed, though perhaps not as much as I would have been had you been a bit sneakier and let me think I'd have got away with it, so I should at least thank you for that. Oh, I left a runestone next to the crucibles, did you read it? :)
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 171