Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 171

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth  (Read 209435 times)

Future

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth
« Reply #630 on: June 02, 2009, 09:17:22 am »

I dont mind being the liason between our towns, considering that ive known their mayor for a little while now it might make sense to send someone he knows, unless of course someone else knows him better ;). If we are lacking in something just tell me and ill see if the other town has too much of it. We also need to vote for a mayor of some sort to direct town design or expansion and that sort of thing.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: June 02, 2009, 09:20:02 am »

Alright, I think today I got some hours to join you guys.

So far, without playing, there's one thing I noticed:
Some folks are "complaining" about the grind and the fact that everybody is a jack of all trades....
since you guys seem to gather in one player made outpost, why not assign jobs and specialize?

Anyways, see you soonish.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: June 02, 2009, 09:30:39 am »

We are already specializing in a way. I have become a legendary planter :D We still need more people to really specialize.

As for your offer, Future, I have no complaint. Try to get us some charcoal imports, so we can preserve our forest. As for our exports, we're swimming in wheat, so see if they need flour (flour is more efficient than wheat space-wise).

Regarding mayor, I'm not sure we need one yet. Things are working fine as they are for now, so I'm hesitant to add bureaucracy. Of course, if the village grows, we will need someone to coordinate, but I think we could do it with a council instead of a single leader.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: June 02, 2009, 09:38:58 am »

So what jobs are you guys lacking?

I always like being a farmer, but since you already are, how about a cook? Hunter? Miner? Tinker?

Tell me!

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: June 02, 2009, 09:43:19 am »

Yeah, I'm a farmer, but I can't harvest the fields by myself even if that's all I do. But we need a miller/cook even more than a second farmer.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: June 02, 2009, 09:47:37 am »

So, I could do that... I skilled baking and farming. Do you need something else?
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: June 02, 2009, 09:56:08 am »

Somebody to wander the map and search for sheep and cows would be nice. We need plenty of yarn for candles and milk for butter. Yarn is a higher priority than butter, though. A miner wouldn't be bad either, but our food production isn't stable enough to support a dedicated miner (it should be once we get a miller/cook).

Oh yeah, I also plan to specialize as a wine-maker, so somebody to replace me in the wheat fields will be needed. That won't happen for another week or two, though, so it's not priority.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 09:58:08 am by DJ »

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: June 02, 2009, 09:59:33 am »

I'd like someone to bring me the wheat to the oven area, so to improve my efficiency. I also built a second oven.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: June 02, 2009, 10:01:19 am »

All right, I'll take my harvest straight to the ovens from now on. You've got a quern up there, right?

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Milaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: June 02, 2009, 10:27:50 am »

The big giant claimed land next to the mind is annoying at best.  If you want to make a big claim like that I think we would all appreciate if it was a bit farther away from a major gathering point.  It is also blocking the route to one of the wells, which again is annoying at best.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: June 02, 2009, 10:41:15 am »

I took the quern from the stockpile. Both ovens are baking now. 7 breads and one apple pie, I felt creative.

We have shitloads of wax. Someone get yarn please?

niltrias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gaijinninjas.com
« Reply #641 on: June 02, 2009, 10:43:11 am »

DJ - For liason, I agree with you on backing Future.  He knows them already, and has already begun creating trade relations.
As far as the wander around spotting animals guy, I would do that if someone could take over for me in tanning.  I can now survive most of the non-morder animals, and the more time I spend practicing the better I will get.
I say we set up a few useful, non-authorative posts to help us organize things.  Posts held, in true dwarf fashion, be reselected by poll every now and again. Maybe set up a thread on the HnH site for the purpose.  Milahas problem with the yeomannry is a good example of why this might help us all out.
One thing tho....I say no mayors.  I HATE edicts.
Liason, head Miner, and Accountant (in our case, in charge of managing the wildly chaotic stockpile) are three slots I would like to see filled.  Also maybe a Captain of the Guard position, under one of our exceptional warriors.
What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 11:02:31 am by niltrias »
Gero! Gero! Bwahahahaha!

niltrias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gaijinninjas.com
« Reply #642 on: June 02, 2009, 10:44:24 am »

I took the quern from the stockpile. Both ovens are baking now. 7 breads and one apple pie, I felt creative.

We have shitloads of wax. Someone get yarn please?
I saw so many sheep today it wasnt funny, but i had no idea we needed yarn.  Ill get on that tomorrow.
Gero! Gero! Bwahahahaha!

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: June 02, 2009, 10:55:52 am »

I think the stuff currently baking is enough. I'll check it again when there's enough in the 'In' bin, but at the moment, we have quite a lot of bread and honey pies.

Future

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: June 02, 2009, 10:57:51 am »

Ok i checked with the mayor of the other town and right now they cant trade charcoal but they will be able to when they move to their new location. Which is sometime in the future when fences have been implemented.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 171