Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 171

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth  (Read 209398 times)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth
« Reply #585 on: June 01, 2009, 10:32:08 am »

Phew. I finally arrived at B12 colony. Mauled numerous times by foxes yadda yadda yadda, looking for sheep (there should be some in NE...) and stuff. Now my cabin is being camped by a boar.

I'm south-east of the bottleneck by the way.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Milaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 01, 2009, 10:58:07 am »

I got down today, set up the mine. it is now fenced, with 2 kins and a smelter. There is a new well to the SE of the mine, and I prospected one and put a placeholder rock to the NW of the mine should anyone wish to finish it. 

I made a chest and threw some mining supplies in there, please put the tools back when you are done using them of course.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 01, 2009, 11:02:18 am »

The animals seem to relocate every time the server goes down, though.

(By the by, I'm Trafalgar on H&H. The only reason I don't have a character at either DF outpost is because I found out about H&H through AnywhereBB first (which is the home of Noctis))
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 01, 2009, 11:32:40 am »

Someone stole my iron.  >:(

I had a full smelter of iron ore at the public mining site.

I left it for a while, and when I came back it was all gone.
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 01, 2009, 11:43:50 am »

Looks like a nice game, especially with a lot of dwarven people around.

But!

Does anybody know, what kind of firewall permissions the java thingy needs exactly and is there a way of changing window size short of changing desktop resolution?

All the help stuff I could find on their page was talking about how to produce stuff and whatnot, not much technical help.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 01, 2009, 11:49:10 am »

Or, you may have failed to smelt any of it. Apparently the smelting ore -> iron success rates are very low.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 01, 2009, 11:59:12 am »

Or, you may have failed to smelt any of it. Apparently the smelting ore -> iron success rates are very low.

Yeah, I know the chances. It was more than enough to get at least one.

Someone else I met said that they had someone steal their iron right from under their nose, and they meted out some frontier justice.
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 01, 2009, 12:14:24 pm »

Say, this may sound a bit stupid, but how do you plant seeds? I'm currently being camped by one of these landcarp/foxes, so I don't have the time to try.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Milaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: June 01, 2009, 12:18:25 pm »

Just as a note, to conserve charcoal do NOT fill the ore smelter full of fuel.  It only takes about 5 peices of charcoal to complete 1-2 smelting cycles.  If you fill it full you are just wasting all that extra charcoal.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 01, 2009, 12:41:31 pm »

Sounds like things are really getting set up down there, I haven't much to finish before I can start heading down there :D.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: June 01, 2009, 12:50:54 pm »

To plant seeds, you ]adventure -> plow the ground] and then use the seeds on the plowed ground [left click seeds, right click plowed ground], if I remember right.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 01, 2009, 12:59:34 pm »

Nobody any clue about the things I asked? (Firewall permissions required for the client and changing resolution/window size)

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 01, 2009, 01:02:51 pm »

If you type :fs 1 it will go fullscreen and if you type :fs 0 it will return to normal (or the other way around). You cant otherwise change the resolution of the client. As for firewall permissions I'm not certain, I had no problem running it and when my firewall asked about it I clicked allow.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 01, 2009, 01:13:03 pm »

It uses UDP, but I'm behind a router and had no problems - however I have all ports above 10000 forwarded to my LAN IP, so if it was using one of those, it would have Just Worked without me having to set up another port forwarding entry for it.

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 01, 2009, 02:41:24 pm »

Aaaaaand I'm up.  ...but is the server down?  The website is doing the "stuck on waiting" thing it was doing the other times.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 171