Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 171

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth  (Read 209509 times)

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth
« Reply #450 on: May 31, 2009, 02:02:02 pm »

on an unrelated note, what purpose does the herbalist table serve? and why those particular spots? i notice nothing too special about them.

EDIT: also, whats the most efficient method of grinding? i'm doing teapots right now but is there a better way?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 02:08:35 pm by Dragooble »
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Cerej

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: May 31, 2009, 02:10:29 pm »

I'd recommend building dream catchers.  Or rather, build the 2 branch part of the dream catcher, and then destroy it and start over.

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: May 31, 2009, 02:10:37 pm »

I don't know.  I built one at the new colony anyway.

Those spots are near both forests and infinite clay sources, since I don't think anything else can register as a dot on the map in deserts...

Also, I read on the forums that your running speed can be changed with ctrl-R, and I eventually deduced from that that ctrl-I is a shortcut for your inventory and ctrl-E for equipment.  And...  ctrl-C brings up some sort of chat window, but I dunno if it works.  o.O

Cerej

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: May 31, 2009, 02:19:45 pm »

Is everyone in the new colony doing alright for hard hit points?  I would like to know if I should bring some gauze back.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: May 31, 2009, 02:28:06 pm »

y dont we kinda take over one of these pre meade villages....the one im at has no one there, almost every crop, cows, and sheep...its close to a swamp and a desert. it is a little deforested but when regrowing trees happens it will be by a forest too...the village is Bjorn...bet we could have em change that to be like bay12 or something :P

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: May 31, 2009, 02:30:15 pm »

does anyone have militia training yet? i almost have enough points for it. if someone could bring a sword over that would be great.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: May 31, 2009, 02:30:29 pm »

I'm not sure if that's a pre-made village or just where important people are settled.  o.O

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: May 31, 2009, 02:33:28 pm »

Pre made village doesn't sound like as much as building our own settlement where we want it and they way we want it. Raiding them for seeds and the like would we good however.
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: May 31, 2009, 02:34:36 pm »

ive scouted it out for 2 days now...and no one has been in or out of there......nothing seems to have changed either...idk....ive plotted land nearby and im picking off some seeds and stuff...maybe ill ask Jorb what the deal is with the village

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: May 31, 2009, 02:35:50 pm »

There ARE "villages" named Jorb, Loftar, and Kaka, so...  yeah.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: May 31, 2009, 02:36:45 pm »

there not very "premade village" like...it only has like 3 houses...thats it really....im settling nearby cause of the sheep and cattle mostly...*shrugs* just an idea i just figure i think the idea of those pre made village things is to ENCOURAGE people to take them over and make a village

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: May 31, 2009, 02:53:36 pm »

So, alright, I finally understood that the map and the screen don't line up. Damn isometric. So, uh... which one is the official Bay12 site? I think we need to get a spot near a decent amount of trees and go from there.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: May 31, 2009, 03:21:42 pm »

On my map on page 30, the blue circle is the original colony, and the red circle is the new colony, but we've decided we probably shouldn't be at the new colony because things there are very strong.  Some people are staying, though.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: May 31, 2009, 03:27:08 pm »

The new colony is actually doing quite well. The communal stockpile is filling up faster than I expected.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: May 31, 2009, 03:42:52 pm »

Holy crap. That's gonna be one long walk.

But I'll come...can't resist.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 171