Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 171

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth  (Read 209553 times)

Future

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth
« Reply #435 on: May 31, 2009, 11:58:11 am »

Im gonna make my way to the new settlement as soon as ive got my leather equipment, then ill help out with whatever.

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: May 31, 2009, 12:02:39 pm »

Actually, looking at the map again...  THAT spot is probably too close and already settled.  But there are two spots in the second ring (counting the center circle as the 0th "ring") and three in the third that I'd consider.

I'm going to go AFK for a while.  Hopefully the server won't be dead when I return.   ...and hopefully the hearth fire I lit in the old camp will be there.  If not that, then at least hopefully the house I built halfway there will be there.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: May 31, 2009, 12:03:14 pm »

Leather...hehe....i hate getting that...i need it bad...its about the only resource i dont really have but i cant ever seem to get any...now that i staked a claim in property ill be able to get some without people stealing it >.<

Future

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: May 31, 2009, 12:07:15 pm »

yeah lol i had my fresh hide stolen by someone but ive managed to save about 8 pieces that i keep on me at all times, so i just need 1 more piece then ive got the armour. Although i then need another 9 to get the trousers. What about making a main colony right in one of the corners?

Gauteamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Ignitur!
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: May 31, 2009, 12:13:39 pm »

Hmm, is the server down again?
I can't even log onto the forum.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: May 31, 2009, 12:17:05 pm »

yep it's down.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 31, 2009, 12:22:24 pm »

Darn...I have to go somewhere and I wanted to make sure no one stole my iron.

Also I'd like to tell you all that I've never been attacked by a fox. Ever.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 31, 2009, 12:26:17 pm »

It's back up, and there's a fox at my front door :(
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
  • Sometimes you have to step back to appreciate art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: May 31, 2009, 12:27:10 pm »

I'm going to hold out at the very original settlement just a way away from the starting point, since it's relatively safe and all the resources you'd need are within reasonable range. The foxes don't seem to aggro at all here, one time I bumped into one and it just walked off.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: May 31, 2009, 12:32:51 pm »

the lack of trees to deforst around the lake is disturbing.
They have not yet implemented magma, so there will be a lack of ironworks, And thats just undwarven

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: May 31, 2009, 12:39:13 pm »

Hrm.  The only use we'd have for magma would be the ore smelters, since we don't need fuel to forge things here.

And yeah, the foxes don't aggro within the inner circle.

Edit:  Crud, my hearth fire at the old settlement didn't get saved.  But the HHP recovering I did at the safe house I made halfway there DID.  I hope it saved THAT, at least.  I know the map and character save differently.

One ray of hope is that the resources I used when I got to the old settlement are still in my inventory.

Edit 2: Nope, the house was gone.  The only thing that was there that I had done was chop down one tree...  the log was still there, which is good.  I shall rebuild it and make it better.

Edit 3: Okay, I have remade that house, now dubbed the "B12 stop over".  I will show where it and the new (dangerous) colony are on the map in a bit.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 01:20:11 pm by Malicus »

Aerys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: May 31, 2009, 01:20:20 pm »

It would be great if someone could make another map showing where the current settlement is.

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: May 31, 2009, 01:46:54 pm »

Upon looking at the map, it seems like the house I built is more like two thirds of the way there.  Eh, oh well.  It has an apple tree right outside, a dreamcatcher, and a spinning wheel, and inside are urns with wood blocks, wool, and apples.  And it's right by the swamp, so you can get leeches and run inside the house so you don't have to worry about a fox knocking you out while you have leeches, if you use them to recover HHP.

And here is the map...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And also, these are the spots I'd like to consider for future colonies:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 01:56:09 pm by Malicus »

Aerys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 31, 2009, 01:57:34 pm »

Thank you! I'm near to the stop over, if I can continue to avoid foxes, I should be there soon.

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: May 31, 2009, 02:01:29 pm »

When you get past there, go toward the water.  You can walk through it, but foxes will NOT path through it.  Basically, it's a stretch of safety.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 171