Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 171

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth  (Read 209544 times)

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth
« Reply #420 on: May 31, 2009, 10:26:35 am »

But that sounds just lovely.
still want to know the position though
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 10:29:13 am by Ivefan »

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 31, 2009, 10:29:03 am »

DF is one thing, but I don't consider losing to be fun on MMOs.  =P   Maybe we should make a third settlement on the second or third ring.  Preferably near trees and infinite clay again...

On my way back, I made a safe house for escaping fox aggro at the south end of the swamp northwest of the water near the outer settlement.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 11:06:35 am by Malicus »

Cerej

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 31, 2009, 10:56:09 am »

Just dropped off two pairs of bunny slippers and four dreams to the chokepoint village stockpile.  Do take care of those adorable dead bunnies.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 31, 2009, 11:06:30 am »

Yeah...i like the old village...its pretty....but abandoned >.< where is the new one at?

Milaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 31, 2009, 11:15:41 am »

do you all have a mine out there yet?

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 31, 2009, 11:17:07 am »

This has been stated several times, but I'll say it again....

See the vaguely 3-shaped body of water on the map quite a ways south of the starting point?  South of the river-like bit of water connected to it, there is a place where the cliffs form a bottleneck of sorts.  That is where the new colony is, but I'm leaving it and returning to the first one, because I don't like massive fox aggro.

And no, I don't think we do.

Anyway, assuming that the house I made near that swamp on the way back gets saved (as in, it doesn't crash soon), it'd be a good place to crash while you're waiting for leeches to recover your HHP, since it's right next to the swamp, there's an apple tree nearby, and...  you can go indoors to escape the foxes.

Aha!  I found sheep on the way back.  =D
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 11:27:19 am by Malicus »

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 31, 2009, 11:44:35 am »

damn. my character has disappeared. guess it's time to make a new one. at least i know how profitable tea pots are now and my old character was close to permadeath anyway. I'm not sure if i want to go back to the new settlement or not. could i get a list of what all the other places have?
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 31, 2009, 11:47:54 am »

Could somebody please drop off some hemp seeds for me at the village stockpile? Also, has anyone seen any grape vines on their travels? I've got the winemaking skill and a press, now I just need to track down some grapes.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 31, 2009, 11:53:10 am »

I think the server just crashed, I'm waiting for my grapes to grow so I can come down and make wine and sausage. ;D
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 31, 2009, 11:53:23 am »

Did...  did it just crash?  Agh.  Please have saved my hearth fire, please have saved my hearth fire...

Edit:  This one is looking like the server machine near-death from yesterday...  eep.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 31, 2009, 11:55:20 am »

hey Malicus, which camp are you at? the first one? i think my new character may come down their to help with the fox rebellion.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 31, 2009, 11:55:53 am »

yeah well there server is a freaking ancient thing...i wonder how they even managed to get ahold of something so old lol

Cerej

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 31, 2009, 11:56:16 am »

I would be disappointed if I lost my meat grinder...  Turning wholesome slabs of choice meat into, well, sausage is too much fun.  Or there's the 1/2 dozen cattle I slaughtered for their hides.  I'd like to keep that too.  Argh.  I've got a fair bit at stake.

Aerys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: May 31, 2009, 11:56:23 am »

I've been playing a bit, its great fun. Once I'm more useful, I'll head to the Dwarf Fortress settlement, wherever it might be at that time.

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: May 31, 2009, 11:56:46 am »

I -just- returned to the first one.  Though once I'm able to not die instantly...  there's an area I'd like to scout out for a third colony that is not as nooby, but not as dangerous.  Hopefully nobody has already settled there.

I -did- chop a rat for the heck of it when I got back, though.  What fun.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 171