Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 171

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth  (Read 209600 times)

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
Re: Haven and Hearth
« Reply #390 on: May 31, 2009, 02:06:08 am »

Murder skill only affects whether or not you are going to be able to attack the person if he/she is unconscious.

I live in the borderlands. Foxes are HELL.

Haven

• Bay Watcher
  • Studiously Avoidant
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: May 31, 2009, 02:11:28 am »

Mmm... If we were to maintain a road, it'd be best done via wayside villages, for any reason from fencing issues to patrol fatigue. However, at this point, we really don't have the numbers to pull that off, anyhow. I can see it coming into play once this game gets the userbase it deserves, though...

The guards would need the murder skill, most likely, as troublemakers would just get right back to it if you only knocked them out.

And we hear ya, Okenido. What ring are you in?

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
« Reply #392 on: May 31, 2009, 02:12:41 am »

Last.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 31, 2009, 02:15:13 am »

your a crazy bastard lol...we should maybe come up with some little ideas for how the new village may be organized...more or less just decide where we will have stuff in a general sense (housing here, fields here, etc) seems more productive to deal with making it worth protecting before trying to protect it :D

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 31, 2009, 02:17:30 am »

Wow.

Quote from: jorb
The circles on the map indicate creature levels. Foxes in the circle immediately surrounding the RoB ("Brodgar") have an unarmed combat skill value of about 2, foxes in the red zone (Colloquially referred to as "Mordor") have about 50.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 31, 2009, 02:19:36 am »

my point exactly...the levels for the foxes seem very steep very quickly...hence forth all the talk of needing a real militia or something....the royal fox slayers lol sounds pretty lame til u find out how nasty the foxes are :P

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 31, 2009, 02:22:06 am »

"Royal"?  But royal anything never does anything.  Except make mandates, and only some of them do that.  It's a horrid thing to be known as.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 31, 2009, 02:27:39 am »

lol good point...we will call that a freudian slip on my part  ;D i wonder if in time we could convince them to implement a customizable look for crafted armors and stuff (such as colors or appearance)

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 31, 2009, 02:30:44 am »

In terms of the future town, we could always have a residential district, industry district, agricultural district..ect ect.

Everyone could get a small plot of land big enough for a cabin and maybe a garden.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 31, 2009, 02:32:53 am »

In terms of the future town, we could always have a residential district, industry district, agricultural district..ect ect.

That would be too efficient.

Why don't you recreate a quasi-underground with long twisting hallways made from wood?

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: May 31, 2009, 02:37:06 am »

Hawkfrost you definitely see what i mean then...the only issue woulb be with expansion...and only really with the residential district...i was thinking if we can find a natural barrier for even just one side it would work wonders for us (eg. the little "cliffs" that are everywhere that u have to go around)

Haven

• Bay Watcher
  • Studiously Avoidant
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: May 31, 2009, 02:40:04 am »

Residential would be the only place that'd really need zoning.

I'd recommend the residental spot be in rows on a side of the settlement/town, spaced evenly. That way, people could expand away from the town as much as they wanted without crowding one another. Of course, one could also keep a private villa of sorts outside the town borders, bu that'd be more or less an individual concern.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 31, 2009, 02:47:37 am »

perhaps we could essentially fence of small sections for people then they can use the yeomanry skill in that area....that way they could have personal space inside the village...if i am correct i believe the reserved land starts out very small for yeomanry...so i just need to explore that skill a bit more and i bet i could come up with some good dimensions for a standard house perhaps...i have the free time to do alot for this game and the village so feel free to have me do all the little bits of stuff like figuring this crap out

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 31, 2009, 03:29:13 am »

...Someone stole my quern...
Nevermind, he gave it back.

LMAO that was me by the way that stole your quern...i had my house built in a seemingly secluded area then u came and made a house close by so i was like "hmmm...im gonna mess with him"

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: May 31, 2009, 03:33:15 am »

...Someone stole my quern...
Nevermind, he gave it back.

LMAO that was me by the way that stole your quern...i had my house built in a seemingly secluded area then u came and made a house close by so i was like "hmmm...im gonna mess with him"
Ah. I see.
Well, I built in the wrong area anyway. :P
Thanks for giving it back, by the way.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 171