Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 171

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth  (Read 209706 times)

Milaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth
« Reply #315 on: May 30, 2009, 08:11:34 pm »

I have not read this whole thread yet. I started playing yesterday evening after the tigsource link. I saw someone mention that DF folks had started playing here, I would love to hook up with you all (even tho I am not active in the DF community atm.) 

I have started to set up my cabin and surroundings, but I am still easily able to move once my hides dry tonight. (only have cabin, a few containers, kiln, and oven up so far)

So yeah, if you don't mind letting me join up with you let me know, and I will track down your settlement.

As a complete aside, if anyone is looking for good skilling, I have found picking up hearth magic, and half-constructing dream catchers to be a great source.  They take just 2 twigs and a yarn. They give about 40 xp for the twig portion. Plus the XP seems to be granted faster than for wicker baskets.

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
  • Sometimes you have to step back to appreciate art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 30, 2009, 08:16:30 pm »

It sucks that there isn't even a password recovery system. I forgot my pass, being the dunce that I am, and now have to start again.
Not a big deal though, since I only had around 5 skills trained and grinding takes maybe half an hour max to get all the base skills covered.
It's cool to be in on the scene early on in the game, and it is alot of fun. Kudos to the developers for an original and enjoyable sandbox mmo. If only there were more of these things out there.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 30, 2009, 08:23:20 pm »

As a complete aside, if anyone is looking for good skilling, I have found picking up hearth magic, and half-constructing dream catchers to be a great source.  They take just 2 twigs and a yarn. They give about 40 xp for the twig portion. Plus the XP seems to be granted faster than for wicker baskets.

Tentatively concur.  It feels faster.

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 30, 2009, 08:25:36 pm »

Tentatively concur.  It feels faster.

What skill do you learn to build Dream Catchers?

Milaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 30, 2009, 08:37:40 pm »

Hearth magic.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 30, 2009, 08:38:26 pm »

hmm... it seems my hearth fire has disappeared but that's it. could someone help me get a dream so i can build another? luckily since i started back at brodgar i was able to pick up some wheat and flax seeds.

edit: THESE DAMN FOXES ARE REALLY STARTING TO GET ANNOYING! i need some armor and a sword right now so i can go on a killing spree just to get rid of these damn things. the fox menace will pay. PAY! for gods sake. one is camping right outside my door. thank god cabins are a separate area.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 09:06:55 pm by Dragooble »
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Cerej

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 30, 2009, 09:16:09 pm »

I've got a couple of dream catchers set up and ready for harvest, but I'm a ways away from the new camp and I'm trapped in my house by a fox.  If I can make it over there I'll drop some off for you guys to use.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 30, 2009, 09:33:00 pm »

um how do you use the dousing rod? i cant seem to put it in my hand or right click on it.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 30, 2009, 09:36:45 pm »

It takes two hands. When its equipped a radar looking graphic will appear on the screen every so often pointing you to water.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 30, 2009, 09:41:24 pm »

What's the skill you need to learn to farm? The How-to page mentions learning 'Farming' but I cannot see it on my skills page. I'm guessing there are prerequisites to it or something

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 30, 2009, 09:42:25 pm »

yes. plant lore and something else i think. maybe.

EDIT: nope, just plant lore.
EDIT2:skill tree
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 09:45:52 pm by Dragooble »

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 30, 2009, 09:45:32 pm »

Pretty sure that plant lore is the only prequisite to farming.

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 30, 2009, 09:59:11 pm »

Crash?
I hope I don't lose the whole hours work.

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 30, 2009, 10:01:20 pm »

Well, we are certainly stress-testing the server, that's for sure.  I hope I didn't lose what I did, either, even though...  it wasn't all THAT much.

Haven't seen a response on the forums to my question about mines.  I hope that it's answered that we CAN request one.  If so, I wonder where we should put it.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 30, 2009, 10:02:10 pm »

Great, I've just dropped the sword to swap hands... And it crashed. Good bye the sword ;).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 171