Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 171

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth  (Read 209537 times)

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth
« Reply #2460 on: September 07, 2009, 03:30:48 pm »

It's all laggy in-game. I just followed a major river. I'm currently making an inn near where the river forks.

If you find me/it, you're welcome to help yourself to anything there.

Where is this in relation to the RoB?

Siiiigh... I still can't get in the game yet... *sobs*

I am rather desperate to stake out a good spot for Brodgar city before its too late. Somewhere near the river sound great, as we will need a port eventually.

EDIT: Sweet... its downloading now.. wont be long! :D
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

kholhaus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pissed and Inspired
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: September 07, 2009, 03:33:37 pm »

Wait are you Ironwyn founder? I'm 'The Runner' ingame.

The river is northeast of RoB, and the general direction I followed is East along the river.
Kholhaus has been inspired recently.
Kholhaus has lost a favorite to tragedy recently.

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: September 07, 2009, 03:34:24 pm »

Ironwyn? I'm the guy who wants to start up the city of Brodgar.
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: September 07, 2009, 03:51:34 pm »

I am in desperate need of some dreams here! Anybody???

Zombie0hour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: September 07, 2009, 03:53:51 pm »

Can you kill people?  :D

Yes. Permanently, in fact.

So if you are killed in-game you are dead forever? How often does the world restart? I think I am going to become a murderous thief that everyone on the game will come to know and fear!
"I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." Albert Einstein

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: September 07, 2009, 03:55:35 pm »

Seems somebody by the name of Bob Tim has claimed everything to the North of the ring.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: September 07, 2009, 03:57:05 pm »

So if you are killed in-game you are dead forever? How often does the world restart? I think I am going to become a murderous thief that everyone on the game will come to know and fear!
Nah, don't do that, you'll just end up dead pretty quickly. I think I found the inn at the fork, going to help build it.. Anyone know what the settlement west of the fork is? Is that us?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: September 07, 2009, 03:58:29 pm »

seems like the huge update came, was everyones skill reset? I haven't gone on after restart.

Zombie0hour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: September 07, 2009, 03:59:29 pm »

Im downloading the latest version guys. So how will I find the bay12 settlements? Is the game fairly small?
"I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." Albert Einstein

Gigalith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • O and H Books
« Reply #2469 on: September 07, 2009, 04:03:36 pm »

They can reincarnate and get some of their skills back, depending on a certain slider. If that slider is on one end, it's back to square one.

Even if you do get your skills back, it's a major grief. Also, beware, if you do it on owned territory, then someone can summon you while you are logged off and kill you. Yeah. This game is harsh.
Check out my books at O and H Books

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: September 07, 2009, 04:03:41 pm »

it's restarted?
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: September 07, 2009, 04:14:17 pm »

They can reincarnate and get some of their skills back, depending on a certain slider. If that slider is on one end, it's back to square one.

Even if you do get your skills back, it's a major grief. Also, beware, if you do it on owned territory, then someone can summon you while you are logged off and kill you. Yeah. This game is harsh.
Yeah, death sucks. I didn't really think of creating a character for the ragnarok party  until after I was killed..

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: September 07, 2009, 04:16:23 pm »

Well, I guess the idea of building a city called Brodgar by the RoB is sunk, as massive claims have already gone up taking up all the nearby space. :(

Zombie0hour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: September 07, 2009, 04:17:36 pm »

Edit Edit: IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!  ;D
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 04:21:21 pm by Zombie0hour »

kholhaus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pissed and Inspired
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: September 07, 2009, 04:43:47 pm »

Jorb posted a map on the forums a while ago. The fork in the river near the white 'divider' marks is where the inn is close to. Also, the inn is not, in fact, even partially built.
Kholhaus has been inspired recently.
Kholhaus has lost a favorite to tragedy recently.
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 171