Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 171

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth  (Read 209745 times)

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth
« Reply #2280 on: August 16, 2009, 11:20:26 am »

Yeah, Cally got summon-executed. Investigation is in progress.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: August 16, 2009, 11:35:01 am »

Hello, i haven't said anything in this thread, but i'm there at the town area...but i dont know who to talk to
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

kholhaus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pissed and Inspired
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: August 16, 2009, 01:29:56 pm »

Yeah, Cally got summon-executed. Investigation is in progress.

Ye gods. It's happening.

Kholhaus McUrist has gone into an insane mood!
Kholhaus McUrist cancels Odd-Job: Paranoid.
Kholhaus McUrist has started work on a secret construction.
Kholhaus has been inspired recently.
Kholhaus has lost a favorite to tragedy recently.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: August 16, 2009, 01:34:58 pm »

DJ, what the hell did you do to the west side of Bottleneck? You're megafortress leaves me disoriented. I logged in to clean out my area for some new arrivals, and seriously got lost because of you. That and it took some 5 minutes to load once your place came into view.

Anyways, we need to decide on a direction to head in the new world. I say we troop out southwest for a solid 15 minute walk at the minimum.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: August 16, 2009, 01:42:47 pm »

I just built a private palisade around my claim :-\

Anyway, I think we should split up and go in different directions when we enter the new world. After an arbitrary period of time (24 hours?), we all post the best spot for settling that we find. Then we vote on who's spot we'll use. I'd like to settle near a sea, so that we can get into sailing as soon as it gets implemented. After that we can move to a far-away island.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Morsigil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: August 16, 2009, 01:43:23 pm »

I would've set up my hearth near the town, but I accidentally dropped my first dream in the pool of water that you start in. =( Sad day. I'm going to get some experience and a dream before I come back out to Bottleneck. Incidentally, the walk to Bottleneck was pleasant and uneventful, but I also did it at like 3 in the morning.

Does anyone else have an issue with sound that breaks a lot? Like not stops, but stutters and doesn't come through clearly? It happens with both my Java 3D games (Minecraft and Haven and Hearth). Maybe I just need to update.

Ai Shizuka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: August 16, 2009, 03:11:57 pm »

A couple questions. I can find almost everything on the H&H forum, but the search engine is terrible.

- If I plant firs on grassland, will the ground change to forest at some point?

- Is a hunger-system overhaul in their to do list? I feel I'm spending half of my time eating. Seriously, I'm literally eating over 200 apples per day (in-game day). Lately I've been hunting a bit, but I think SIX entire cows is a little too much. An adeguately conserved cow is enough to feed a person for weeks, possibly months. I'm not for 100% realism in a game, but jesus. Six cows a day.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: August 16, 2009, 03:17:42 pm »

- If I plant firs on grassland, will the ground change to forest at some point?

- Is a hunger-system overhaul in their to do list? I feel I'm spending half of my time eating. Seriously, I'm literally eating over 200 apples per day (in-game day). Lately I've been hunting a bit, but I think SIX entire cows is a little too much. An adeguately conserved cow is enough to feed a person for weeks, possibly months. I'm not for 100% realism in a game, but jesus. Six cows a day.

-Yes

-And adequately preserving/cooking cows can take from hours to days. Building a palisade? Weeks. Brick wall? Months, and thats with the help of a dozen workmen. The whole game is sped up, not just the eating part.

As for the new map part, I agree with the split-up thing. But maybe go in groups of 2? Who knows what deadly creatures/roaming grieferbandits we might encounter. Also, we should organize a mass log-in, because i'm 378.25% sure that there will be a goon/4chan/whatever army spawncamping the start area. (Don't ask how I got that statistic, its highly advanced statistical... stuff)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 03:20:42 pm by Poltifar »
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Ai Shizuka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: August 16, 2009, 03:26:50 pm »

That's why I said I'm not for 100% realism.
But I think an entire cow should be enough for a day of work. Not six. Or 200 apples.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: August 16, 2009, 03:27:15 pm »

Well, like I said, I'll scope out the southwest. I'm assuming we want desert lands near-ish to a body of water. Then again, we may want to wait and see what new goodies are on the new map. It'll most definitely be hard to get everything in one spot, so we may need to pick and choose resources.

kholhaus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pissed and Inspired
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: August 16, 2009, 04:10:44 pm »

Woah woah woah, Before we go into where we should go, first we should decide what resources we need, also, in the new map there will be a navigation system with Fog-of-war full area maps, and more detailed mini-maps. No more Omniscience for us!  :D

Also, I think we should go into groups of two, as mega-beasts may be in the new map. Dragons, Ents, Swamp Monsters...

I think The new city should be close to a body of water and have bountiful forests, with trading roads heading to the closest industrial towns for clay and whatnot.

We might find a mining deposit close to the forest we set up near, so... yeah.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: August 16, 2009, 04:18:53 pm »

Well, if somebody has extra materials/tools/armor, we should organize who carries what. Of course we are going to haul a ton of steel and iron, but we will also need seeds of every type, enough candles to allow for early mining, various weapons to arm each one of us with that's better than just some leather armor and a stone axe and much more.

I'll take a load of seeds, just to make sure we got 'em.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: August 16, 2009, 04:20:22 pm »

I seriously doubt we'll find all resources in one place, and that might be good thing to encourage inter-village trade. But for our place we need at the LEAST: A mine, and a forest. Water+Desert, like we have in the current map, would also be great, but not 100% crucial if we cant find such a place.

I'd say we would end up with one main B12 settlement, and many smaller outposts for resources, but hey, that's how it should be.

Also, our choice might indeed depend on the new map additions, but i doubt it. The only thing that might really matter to us in the new map things is the kinds of minerals (since we are going to go for a dwarf-themed village, right? Otherwise, some other stuff might matter)

EDIT: Do we get to carry stuff with us over? I thought the devs werent gona let us do that, for fear of altvaults carrying tons of stuff. If we can indeed carry stuff, I'll be getting some steel, silk, and moth eggs mostly, plus my own equipment ofcourse.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 04:21:54 pm by Poltifar »
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

kholhaus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pissed and Inspired
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: August 16, 2009, 04:23:05 pm »

Well, if somebody has extra materials/tools/armor, we should organize who carries what. Of course we are going to haul a ton of steel and iron, but we will also need seeds of every type, enough candles to allow for early mining, various weapons to arm each one of us with that's better than just some leather armor and a stone axe and much more.

Good idea. I'll bring beer to sate our thirsts. I just pray that I don't overdo it like that one guy.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: August 16, 2009, 05:21:52 pm »

I play three different characters. Each of them is currently loaded up, and the grand total of seeds from my two farmers comes to: 12 tea seads, 12 wheat seeds, 2 pine cones, 2 apples, 2 mulberries, 2 carrots, 2 hops cones, 4 flax seeds, 4 grape seeds, 6 hemp seeds. My metalworker/miner has: 6 cast iron, 4 moth eggs, 4 wrought iron, 3 metal saws, and two pickaxes.
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 171