Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 171

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth  (Read 209769 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth
« Reply #2250 on: August 14, 2009, 12:28:20 am »

Gather all valuables.
 Put it on our characters.
 Destroy hearthfires.
 Don't log-in 'till Ragnarok.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: August 14, 2009, 03:03:23 am »

You say that we should surrender? SURRENDER???
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Anfold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: August 14, 2009, 03:40:27 am »

I've got about 4 planters that should be ready to go son to replant the one tree I cut down, seeing as we are being griefed, should I just plant them somewhere else instead of the town forest?

Erik_the_Blue

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: August 14, 2009, 04:04:19 am »

Now someone's cut down all the fourth and higher stage trees in the NW forest. They didn't touch the lower ones, though, of which there are about sixty left. What with the server crashing, my productivity is down significantly. Considering all this, the forest might not be serviceable before the reset. In other news, the forest finally generated a boar.

As for zoning issues, so long as I get a place near a clay pit and well, I'll be fine, though I'd prefer the edge of town so I can have a large-ish claim and plenty of room to plant trees.

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: August 14, 2009, 04:10:55 am »

Huh.  Erik's getting into the forestry thing?  I was hoping that I'd be the forest planting guy, if I decided to come back after the reset.  You've seen my work, haven't you?  =P  (It's marked as "Inakal" on the maplib thing that was linked earlier.)

Erik_the_Blue

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: August 14, 2009, 04:38:55 am »

Indeed I have. It's certainly impressive, which is all the more reason it's an example to try and overshoot. I'd like to think my first attempt isn't that shabby, but I got tired of cutting down trees which is why my second attempt is near a tree hungry community. In any case, I wouldn't mind combining my efforts with others in order to convert the world into a giant forest.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: August 14, 2009, 07:57:02 am »

So who/what are these cultists, and what are we gona do about them? Hamel and Goran should be leading us in these times of trouble...
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: August 14, 2009, 09:40:43 am »

Hey, Dimitri and I havent even set up yet.  :'(
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: August 14, 2009, 12:53:55 pm »

The "cultists" are just your run-of-the-mill throwaway alts, as far as i've understood the situation. We've had this exact same problem dozens of times. Only difference, our valuables are now behind private walls. So we just need to sit out the shitstorm and not feed the trolls. Trust me, they get bored fast enough.

Anyway, curious thing happened today. I was contacted by Valcor who alerted me that someone has been building in front of his place. Remembering the yesterday's incident, I thought it's alt griefers fencing him in.

But when I came to the scene, I found someone called Stephanie making a wheat field on Labs' land (you really need to make a fence around it, dude). There was also a herbalist table built there. He did harvest about 3 rows of public wheat and left them unplanted, but he told me he intended to replant it. Either case, I've never seen a griefer behave like this. Plus, this guy claimed he randomly wandered into Bottleneck and decided to settle down here.

Still, I'm a bit suspicious so I didn't grant him citizenship. I did, however, give him permission to settle in the desert, and to use public fields. I think this might be a honest-to-God newb, but we should still keep an eye on him. If he behaves OK for a while, I'll grant him citizenship.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Ai Shizuka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: August 14, 2009, 07:59:42 pm »

EDIT: nvm, found it
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 08:06:53 pm by Ai Shizuka »

kholhaus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pissed and Inspired
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: August 14, 2009, 08:12:32 pm »

The "cultists" are just your run-of-the-mill throwaway alts, as far as i've understood the situation. We've had this exact same problem dozens of times. Only difference, our valuables are now behind private walls. So we just need to sit out the shitstorm and not feed the trolls. Trust me, they get bored fast enough.
That's the thing, There's been small waves of people coming in every once in a while, messing up the town in minor ways. They could be trying a number of tactics in order to get us to submit when it actually comes.

a) Use throwaway alts to send town into rage spiral
b) Make everyone paranoid and kill others, stunting the growth of the pop.
c) Steal resources so we're undersupplied.
Or
d) Make us think that it's all a wahoozy, and just useless griefers until it's too late.

I'm not telling you to be paranoid, just be prepared, just in case. Bottleneck will live until the end!
Kholhaus has been inspired recently.
Kholhaus has lost a favorite to tragedy recently.

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: August 14, 2009, 08:19:57 pm »

As a heads up, folks, I got another friend to play the game (hopefully he'll stay around longer than Zeph and LC did). I've had him move into my old place pending seeing Hamel and/or Goran around to invite him to the village. I've advised him people will be suspicious if he's poking around town, so he shouldn't cause too much paranoia.

His name's Soolar, by the way.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 08:33:12 pm by KoE »

SirHoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: August 14, 2009, 08:27:35 pm »

Hi everyone, just introducing myself..  ran across this thread a week or so ago and had to give this game a shot.  I've set up a homestead SE of bottleneck and am currently working my way out of the stone age.  Don't get too worried when the naked guy named Hoder wanders by (stupid foxes keep eating my armor) :)

I'd like to keep in touch with the B12 crowd after the map reset and figure now's as good of time as any to get acquainted. 

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: August 14, 2009, 09:33:29 pm »

Ugh,
Hands up, who harvested the whole Wheat fields???
Parts of it weren't even replanted...
What has been the results of the work...
And who took the Cart near the Bakery???
Took me forever to find the stuff to build that...
Server kicked me out and haven't been on for a while (one day) and when I get back someone dumps the Baskets in the Cart and takes it, who???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: August 14, 2009, 10:49:40 pm »

My guess is it's some of the new immigrants who aren't from B12. Not really a whole lot you can do about it.

EDIT:

Wow, sheesh, where did all the carts go to? Took me forever to find one, and had to repair it myself. Guess the cart depot was a better idea than I thought.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 12:14:00 am by KoE »
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 171