Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 171

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth  (Read 209805 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth
« Reply #2175 on: August 09, 2009, 01:23:57 am »

Has the server crashed???
I only just got home from hanging out with my Girl and well I can't log on...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Luckk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: August 09, 2009, 01:26:22 am »

I'm not actually near the main Bottleneck town, but by the new player one which is why I want to finish this house quickly before something happens to it.  It wouldn't be much of a loss though since I only have two boards into it which I got from someone deciding to drop some on the ground and leave it.

But before I continue when the servers backup, should I just come over to the main settlement and build a house in a somewhat secluded area or would it be worth the effort to build a temporary house near the center?

Edit: Yeah, its been down for like an hour at least by now.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: August 09, 2009, 01:29:11 am »

Gah natural...
No wonder I couldn't show it to her...
Doubt she would have played it mind you. Everyone I know is scared of the things I like, Like Dwarf Fortress.
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Luckk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: August 09, 2009, 01:46:51 am »

I don't think people would be scared of this game, unless of course, you could throw vomit as a deadly force like in Dwarf Fortress.  Anyways, I'm saying screw the temporary house and plan on taking a journey to the main Bottleneck town to be signed in.

Just so I am not standing around outside, who would be able to sign me in?  I can do some basic work around town if you need me to when I get there.  Just let me know what it is and I'll try to help.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: August 09, 2009, 01:51:14 am »

Hey perhaps you can help me with what I am doing...
Just basically being the Commune Farmer at the moment, harvesting the Wheat (don't look like that's been done completely before) and turning it into Bakery Goods...
Looking at a basic 40Lp(Approx) or so a loaf when Harvesting/Planting/Grinding/Baking is done...

I can't Sign you in though but your welcome to Build your Hearth at my place if there ain't one already available...

Luckk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: August 09, 2009, 02:00:57 am »

Alright, I guess I can do that.  I'll need to get the baking skill along with maybe something else first since I haven't baked anything yet.  I'll probably stick with this until I can obtain enough materials for my house/ find a nice spot nearby town.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: August 09, 2009, 02:02:44 am »

Build some Fires nearby till you get baking, make some Bread dough (only uses flour and water) until you get 400Lp then come farm, When you farm, you get 2seeds a harvest, keep one replant the other...

FYI...

Anfold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: August 09, 2009, 05:05:41 am »

I'm thinking of starting a character on this game, any tips for a beginner?

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: August 09, 2009, 12:23:26 pm »

Easiest way to handle that would be to check out the Getting Started page on the Wiki and ask questions about that, I suppose. I never know where to start when helping a new guy.

Anyway, a large part of the wheat fields remain unplanted. I don't know if someone forgot to replant (which is impolite. Very rude.) or if it was a server crash, but somebody with a nature spec should probably look into that.

kholhaus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pissed and Inspired
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: August 09, 2009, 08:18:43 pm »

I replanted a major part of the wheat field that went missing.

Oh and to anyone hoping to get a good fill of fish, I may be starting up a fishing zone near the waterfront.
Kholhaus has been inspired recently.
Kholhaus has lost a favorite to tragedy recently.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: August 09, 2009, 09:13:12 pm »

Cheers for that Replant, Server Crashed and didn't come up again before I had to go to bed...

roundedge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: August 10, 2009, 03:03:11 am »

So I've just started playing this game and I can not find a tree anywhere. It seems to be the one thing you need in order to start doing anything, and there isn't one to be found. All I can find are what look like ferns, but I assume they are sapplings or something. I've plunked myself down at the dwarf fortress camp rune stone and quit for now. Do I need to wait for trees to regrow, or what? Help a brother out.

Luckk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: August 10, 2009, 03:11:55 am »

From what I understand, all the trees in the center have been cut down by people who were there first since the only way trees will grow is if someone actually goes to the trouble of planting them.  You would probably have a much easier time finding trees far away from the center of the map since I doubt most areas have been cleared.

Anfold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: August 10, 2009, 04:07:53 am »

A few newbie questions, how do I plant something other than grass?
Is there a clay pit near by? I'd like to start making clay objects for a change of pace.
Also, how can I join the town?

Luckk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: August 10, 2009, 04:13:53 am »

You need to get the farming skill which requires you have plant lore before you can get it to plant more then just grass.  For a clay pit, just walk around until you find a ladder leading down a hole since I think that is one.  To join Bottleneck though, you would need to have one of the leaders of the town swear you in.  Heck, I still need to be sworn in.

Edit: Ah, I didn't know you needed farming to plant grass.  Anyway, you should be able to collect seeds from wheat in the wild.  I have never planted anything just to tell you.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 04:41:09 am by Luckk »
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 171