Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 171

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth  (Read 209858 times)

Delamore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth
« Reply #2085 on: July 31, 2009, 10:27:37 pm »

I can't play currently, it seems like the game doesn't load fully, the graphics on the screen when I loggin near my hearth are loading, but nothing else, I can't interact with items or open my inventory...
Hearth in BN? It might be an overload of objects loading.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: July 31, 2009, 11:01:56 pm »

Who else can't wait for the new map?
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: August 01, 2009, 12:32:39 am »

Practically everyone.

I really, really, really, REALLY hope they won't publish a detailed map of the region, ever. I mean detailed like including the roads and farms. That was the single reason my little pad was discovered and raided so early. Instead, they should introduce cartography and players with the skill should be able to use parchments and keep a map of the region on hand.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: August 01, 2009, 03:51:39 am »

Practically everyone.

I really, really, really, REALLY hope they won't publish a detailed map of the region, ever. I mean detailed like including the roads and farms. That was the single reason my little pad was discovered and raided so early. Instead, they should introduce cartography and players with the skill should be able to use parchments and keep a map of the region on hand.

Yes, YES, YEESS!

I'd run off into the wilderness, find the farthest and remotest mine spot available, surround it with brick walls and claim, and build all my estate underground (with trading with other people for farm stuff)

I also hope they add new, bigger buildings soon.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: August 01, 2009, 10:00:50 am »

Maybe I'll get back into this when the new map is up.  :-\
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: August 01, 2009, 10:53:17 am »

Practically everyone.

I think if they made a detailed map of the area super extremely close to the ring, and then left everything else up to the players, things would be groovy.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: August 01, 2009, 04:37:59 pm »

I think Sonerohi's is the best way to go. Give enough room to get a good idea of where you might want to place your temporary settlements (as I'm sure we'll need them), and the rest is 'to be discovered'.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: August 02, 2009, 12:49:07 am »

Is anyone getting a weird crash bug when they go into BN?
<@Akroma> eh

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: August 02, 2009, 09:50:01 am »

its been fixed now

Does anyone have cast iron btw? I am willing to trade it for silk

edit: well it appears that my silk is gone..... I don't know if it is because of the recent crashes or someone stole it
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 10:07:46 am by Antioch »
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #2094 on: August 02, 2009, 10:26:56 am »

Hey guys, I'm thinking again about joining you in this game, mostly because I just moved overseas from my family and I'm looking for a nice-looking but not overly complicated game to play with my mom during our spare time.  What do you guys think, should we go with H&H or is there a better one out there?  We won't be playing too often, just in our spare time (of which I will soon have very little).

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #2095 on: August 02, 2009, 10:48:58 am »

It's not really a game for people who want to play "in spare time" it more of an "every waking moment" kind of game.

Does anyone in Bottleneck have some new plant seeds they're willing to trade? I can offer a whole steel bar for four of each seed.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: August 02, 2009, 10:53:30 am »

I can give you two onions. Be at the idol in five minutes. No payment is needed, as I think we should work on getting the new plants into every garden for some redundancy. But if you want to give me a gift, I won't say no.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #2097 on: August 02, 2009, 12:07:10 pm »

Sorry I missed you, I just checked back now. I hope you weren't standing around waiting for me.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: August 02, 2009, 12:24:52 pm »

Nah, I was around the idol for some business anyway. Drop by my farm to get your onion. You know the place?

Also, turns out I only got 1 onion out of two tiles, with full nature. Seems like onions range from 0 to 2 instead of from 1 to 3 like other plants.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: August 03, 2009, 02:38:25 am »

Hey guys, I'm thinking again about joining you in this game, mostly because I just moved overseas from my family and I'm looking for a nice-looking but not overly complicated game to play with my mom during our spare time.  What do you guys think, should we go with H&H or is there a better one out there?  We won't be playing too often, just in our spare time (of which I will soon have very little).

I dont recommend it if you are a casual gamer (ie 'play in spare time'). I thought it was a casual game too atfirst, but once you start building a house and claiming it and doing the higher tier stuff like cheese making and steel making and such, you end up having to log in ATLEAST twice a day. Some reasons:

-Theft. You want to log on as regularly as possible to catch thieves.
-Steel making needs you to log in every 12 hours to refuel stuff
-Silk moths need to be fed.
-etc...

Also, once you have a house and all that, you start getting paranoid about thieving. NOT a nice feeling if you just want to play once every 2 days or so.

Technically, you could play the game without worrying about the hier-tier stuff and about building a home, but frankly, that would be quite boring and not worth it.

Thus, I recommend against playing this game as you intend to with your mother. There are many, many other much more friendly games out there. I'm sure you can find something to your liking.
<@Akroma> eh
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 171