Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 171

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth  (Read 209885 times)

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth
« Reply #2010 on: July 25, 2009, 06:44:56 am »

Hamel is chieftain, and I *was* the lawspeaker, and it looks like I'll be one again. However, I wouldn't exactly call either of us a leader, as we mostly just give advice and people decide whether they want or follow it or not. We don't have a lord. We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune  :P
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Delamore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: July 25, 2009, 06:55:23 am »

Then who do I talk to about an alliance?

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: July 25, 2009, 07:03:15 am »

I can hear you out, but I'll need to consult other people before I can give you a definite answer. Meet at RoB for discussion?

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Delamore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: July 25, 2009, 07:12:32 am »

I cannot right now, but later today sure.

niltrias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gaijinninjas.com
« Reply #2014 on: July 25, 2009, 08:32:24 am »

Can we get some details on what happened, exactly, in that cellar?
Gero! Gero! Bwahahahaha!

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: July 25, 2009, 08:39:43 am »

I decided to move out of bottleneck, and since I have my own homestead, I'd like to give it away..

Area was declaimed. First one to claim it, gets a nice place, and a personal mine. Good luck.
-edit- It is just SE of public forest, near the ridge.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: July 25, 2009, 08:48:27 am »

Can we get some details on what happened, exactly, in that cellar?
I was standing in my cellar, unarmed and unarmoured. Tilley walked in and started shooting me. As I was drawing a cheese chart in Paint at the time, I didn't notice I was being attacked right away. It took me a couple of hits to realize that the sound I was hearing wasn't part of the music I was listening to, and by then I only had a couple hp left. I managed to make a few steps towards the stairs, but was shot down just as I was about to reach them, and then he proceeded to murder me. Anyway, Tilley got killed by Raephire about half an hour later.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 08:50:39 am by DJ »

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #2017 on: July 25, 2009, 10:34:16 am »

Unfortunately I can't continue documenting cheese production. Both the cheesery and the brewery stocks have been looted of their rennet and cheese stocks.

Oh and I'm missing three & ½ bins of beer bottles. As well as a sizeable portion of beer.

I'm shutting down further production because I'm not in the habit of running a charity organization.

There is now enough beer missing to support a small army of palisade knockers. I don't generally ride the drama llama, so I won't. Brewery's closed. Filing for bankruptcy.
Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: July 25, 2009, 11:12:25 am »

Like I said, this game could have been great. But it aint. The dev's quest for 'Ooooh, I want 100% free pvp and thievery and griefing' has led the game to be all about war between thieves and people who would really like not to be robbed blind. Take Cajoes' public establishments. If the game didnt have PvP, it would have made an awesome place to make these breweries and cheeseries, heck even inns and anything like that, maybe even some actual RP. But no, anything not nailed down (meaning anything other than walls and cabins) WILL be looted and stolen fairly quickly. And the devs support, nay, ENCOURAGE that. I understand the inclusion of pvp in a game, but this is not inclusion. The whole game is now all about being stolen from and then killing the alt that stole from you without getting compensation.

Thieves have an easier time doing anything than anyone else. Why bother making steel/silk/beer/cheese yourself, when you can send an alt to loot these over and over again. The people actually working to make their stuff end up being the slaves catering to the neverending demands of their thieving overlords.

I have no more wish to play this shit.

Call me carebear, because, yes, I am one. I dont see that as an insult. And to any goons/griefers/retards that might pop in to start throwing insults my way, let me one-up you: Fuck you.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: July 25, 2009, 11:16:39 am »

Hey, before you quit, could you please remove your claim from that well? I have to walk four times as far as I would if I had access to that well.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: July 25, 2009, 12:40:26 pm »

Woops, how about i just add you to my kinlist.
<@Akroma> eh

Delamore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: July 25, 2009, 01:02:23 pm »

Like I said, this game could have been great. But it aint. The dev's quest for 'Ooooh, I want 100% free pvp and thievery and griefing' has led the game to be all about war between thieves and people who would really like not to be robbed blind. Take Cajoes' public establishments. If the game didnt have PvP, it would have made an awesome place to make these breweries and cheeseries, heck even inns and anything like that, maybe even some actual RP. But no, anything not nailed down (meaning anything other than walls and cabins) WILL be looted and stolen fairly quickly. And the devs support, nay, ENCOURAGE that. I understand the inclusion of pvp in a game, but this is not inclusion. The whole game is now all about being stolen from and then killing the alt that stole from you without getting compensation.

Thieves have an easier time doing anything than anyone else. Why bother making steel/silk/beer/cheese yourself, when you can send an alt to loot these over and over again. The people actually working to make their stuff end up being the slaves catering to the neverending demands of their thieving overlords.

I have no more wish to play this shit.

Call me carebear, because, yes, I am one. I dont see that as an insult. And to any goons/griefers/retards that might pop in to start throwing insults my way, let me one-up you: Fuck you.
This is like people playing Dwarf Fortress and using the argument "I understand that some people like stylized graphics but this isn't stylized this is completely crap!"
Because you dislike the game does not make it shit, it is just not the game for you.
ATITD is what you want:
http://www.atitd.com/
It is the same idea in 3D and it is all about carebear style of play, research and such as a community.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: July 25, 2009, 01:15:01 pm »

Ok, I take back all the insults I directed at the game, I was just pissed off when I wrote that post. Yes, its just not the kind of game for me. The developers did a good job making the game. Although you HAVE to admit that currently, its still a way from perfect. What pisses me off most is the alt abuse, especially thief alt abuse that makes it impossible to get anything stolen back.

And no, I disliked A Tale in the desert well before I played H&H. Duno why really.

Maybe we'll get another H&H-like game but more PvE oriented, someday. Maybe (but i seriously doubt it) the devs decide to stop development for whatever reason and release it open source or whatever. Until then, I'll just wait until maybe it a bit more playable for me, 'cause i absolutely love the whole game except for the constant thieving that makes progress for me (a casual player that cant log on much per week) impossible.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 01:18:26 pm by Poltifar »
<@Akroma> eh

Delamore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: July 25, 2009, 01:16:33 pm »

Ok, I take back all the insults I directed at the game, I was just pissed off when I wrote that post. Yes, its just not the kind of game for me. The developers did a good job making the game. Although you HAVE to admit that currently, its still a way from perfect. What pisses me off most is the alt abuse, especially thief alt abuse that makes it impossible to get anything stolen back.

And no, I disliked A Tale in the desert well before I played H&H. Duno why really.
Alt abuse is not a problem with the full PVP, rather it's own problem exploiting the fact of full PVP.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: July 25, 2009, 04:59:19 pm »

Unfortunately I can't continue documenting cheese production. Both the cheesery and the brewery stocks have been looted of their rennet and cheese stocks.

Oh and I'm missing three & ½ bins of beer bottles. As well as a sizeable portion of beer.

I'm shutting down further production because I'm not in the habit of running a charity organization.

There is now enough beer missing to support a small army of palisade knockers. I don't generally ride the drama llama, so I won't. Brewery's closed. Filing for bankruptcy.
You know, it would help if you put up a damned claim so we can track whoever keeps doing this. In fact, it would probably stop happening if you did, since the culprit is apparently a village member and stealing from another village member's claim would be just plain stupid.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 05:04:24 pm by Vanigo »
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 171