Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 171

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth  (Read 209879 times)

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth
« Reply #1830 on: July 16, 2009, 07:03:21 am »

I need advice on something: Should I be attentive to my diet, or should i not really care? Its VERY annoying to keep trying to balance my stats through my diet, but I'm afraid that not being careful would make it too hard for me later on to increase my stats...
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

narskie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: July 16, 2009, 11:03:21 am »

Anyone know how to claim property?  Also I lost my "beautiful dream" thing.  Any way I can get a new one?

Relm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: July 16, 2009, 11:09:39 am »

Anyone know how to claim property?  Also I lost my "beautiful dream" thing.  Any way I can get a new one?

You have to have the Yeomanry skill to claim property.

You can get new dreams by harvesting them from dream catchers. You can build dream catchers if you have the Hearth Magic skill.

narskie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: July 16, 2009, 11:34:42 am »

Thanks! 

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: July 16, 2009, 12:07:33 pm »

I need advice on something: Should I be attentive to my diet, or should i not really care? Its VERY annoying to keep trying to balance my stats through my diet, but I'm afraid that not being careful would make it too hard for me later on to increase my stats...

I've always been attentive to my diet, so I can't say from experience what the hazards of not doing so are. The numbers work such that basically your highest stat is the number of FEP required to increase any one stat. So, efficiency and well-roundedness would demand a balanced diet.

Of course, if you have no use for one of these stats - why bother? The only real problem is that it's an alpha, so that may change at any time... But it's still there. Some stats are also more difficult in general to raise, so you may want to focus on them first, decide you don't want them, or hope they implement a new way to get it. I'll break down what each stat does and the best methods to increase it in the following spoilers.

To put it more concisely; you should decide which stats you value and focus on them. The ease of acquiring them basically breaks down to CON, PER, and CHA being fairly easy for bakers/farmers, AGI being fairly easy for hunters in civilized areas, STR being difficult but paying off a ton for a single unit, and INT being a chore no matter what you do.

Spoiler: STR (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: AGI (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: CON (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: INT (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: PER (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: CHA (click to show/hide)

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: July 16, 2009, 01:13:04 pm »

Your palisade is leaky. Otherwise, SEND IN THE CART FLEET!

How, exactly, is it leaky?

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: July 16, 2009, 01:22:23 pm »

Thanks for the detailed explanation, KoE! Now i know I wont really bother with maintaining a diet yet. Getting non-apple food is already hard as it is.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: July 16, 2009, 02:01:53 pm »

I think that if a palisade hits a ridge vertically, you can squeeze yourself through the gap. Build some palisade parallel to the ridge to avoid.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: July 16, 2009, 02:10:23 pm »

I think that if a palisade hits a ridge vertically, you can squeeze yourself through the gap. Build some palisade parallel to the ridge to avoid.
I've seen said gaps. That looks secure.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: July 16, 2009, 02:15:37 pm »

No problem, Poltifar. I think I may start up a newbie guide on the other forums (I need something to do while fishing, funnily enough) to do all the stuff like this in-depth. Dennis' guide is fine, but somewhat outdated and he seems to be indisposed at the moment.

Also - I remember someone saying something about IRC a page or so back other than the quakenet one we've been using. Have we actually migrated to that one? I also ask partly because Quakenet has been down for maintenance for quite a while now.

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: July 16, 2009, 02:37:11 pm »

I've tried squeezing through those gaps many times.  You're welcome to try, though.  If you can, then I'll plug the hole.

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: July 16, 2009, 06:25:09 pm »

If anybody's got room behind one of their palisades, I've got a long-time friend (name of Zeph) who just joined and needs a place to stick his cabin. Since I'm living in Boatmurdered, I'd have some trouble housing him. (Though I suppose he could abuse teleporting power).

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: July 16, 2009, 06:33:29 pm »

Well, the inside of my palisade is all claimed, and while I could expand it...  I dunno about letting somebody I don't know live next to me.

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: July 16, 2009, 06:43:31 pm »

I meant people who actually live in Bottleneck, actually, though the pseudo-offer is appreciated. Defeats the point (apart from the not-being-torn-a-new-one-by-bears) if he still has to commute.

(Again, ignoring teleport shenanigans)

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: July 16, 2009, 07:11:21 pm »

Well, I have more than enough wood to REBUILD my palisade as it stands from scratch, I do think.  If you need wood blocks, yell.  (Getting something nice for them like iron or STR food would be good.)
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 171