Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 171

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth  (Read 209843 times)

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth
« Reply #1740 on: July 11, 2009, 06:54:09 am »

My palisade is finally complete!  ...and now that I stayed up to do that, I'm going to bed.

Oh, and you know that huge log stockpile I had screenshots of earlier?  I'm down to 7 now.

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: July 11, 2009, 07:24:30 am »

whereas fences are just a "this is mine" marker. They're dirt cheap but about as solid as wet cardboard.

Personally, living where I do, the fence seems like an invaluable way to keep the gorram animals off my lawn. No more logging in to get KO'd by a bear for me. (I know this was technically possible previously, but at the least it looks better now.)

Are the Bottleneck walls gonna be palisades or bricks? I'd side with WD on bricks myself, both to save trees and so I don't feel obliged to donate blocks from out here in Boatmurdered. I could provide bricks, too, but BN's probably got a more efficient kiln system.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: July 11, 2009, 07:31:52 am »

Well, depends on the neighbourhood. Because brick wall costs so much wrought, I'm going with palisade around my house and some empty space next to it, so there's room for new settlers inside the wall. Don't worry, I'm planting more trees than I'm cutting down.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: July 11, 2009, 07:39:34 am »

Huh, that is ludicrously expensive. (Should have looked before I asked) For the best in defense, I suppose it should be. Am I wrong to assume that the walls all follow a formula of requiring 1/10th the materials per tile that the cornerposts do? That's how it seemed to work with the fence, at least. Haven't been able to get the materials for others, obviously.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: July 11, 2009, 07:45:34 am »

Not really. It takes just two bricks to extend a brick wall. but cornerposts are too damn expensive for me.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: July 11, 2009, 08:21:55 am »

Huh. Well, I've got 11 wrought lying around (more, to the tune of 23 total if you count the to-be steel that failed because of the update canceling the refueling before I went to bed...). If we want to set up one of the public areas as better-defended, I'd be willing to donate it.

EDIT:

Oh, right, that road I built yesterday? completely freaking invalidated because Blaze and/or Niltrias built a gate. If either of you two read this, I'd like a key too. Guess I'll be building another bypass in the meantime.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 08:24:21 am by KoE »

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: July 11, 2009, 08:34:29 am »

ARRRGH! I'm aggravated thanks to some idiot staking a claim over a f***ing public road (which i've been trying to avoid etc.)

Also, I'd like to request citizenship of Bottleneck... I'd show up at your idol a coupla times then...
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: July 11, 2009, 09:10:29 am »

We could use that wrought to wall in the stockpile.

And come to Bottleneck to get your citizenship. I'm mostly running between my house and the forest, building a palisade, so you're bound to run into me somewhere around the tea field.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: July 11, 2009, 09:15:35 am »

This looks kind of neat.

I just joined up, and has been spending my time in the settlement marked with a blue ring on the map in the first post, training. Joining the bay12 village would be sweet, but I doubt I can make the trip to you guys yet.

I can't figure out how to hunt. I see rabbits and foxes running around, but I can't figure out how to kill them... Advice?

I also ran into a bit of a problem, my hearthfire dissapeared when I logged out (as well as everything else I'd made, not my skills and such, though) hopefully that won't come back and haunt me later...
Entropy is not what it used to be.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: July 11, 2009, 09:23:19 am »

You need will to power and unarmed combat to attack things. But you can simply pick up rabbits and snap their necks if you have hunting.

And I can take you to Bottleneck. If I grant you citizenship which will allow you to spawn at our village when logging in.

As for your stuff disappearing, there was a crash and they tend to roll back the game a bit.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: July 11, 2009, 09:46:11 am »

It would be very nice if you could take me.

A crash, huh? that explains why everything froze earlier. I thought it was my computer.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: July 11, 2009, 10:18:36 am »

All right, be at Ring of Brodgar (the standing stones). I'll come there in a sec.

*edit*
Actually, post here when you get there, I've got some work to do so I can't wait around. Also, what your name in the game?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 10:21:24 am by DJ »

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: July 11, 2009, 10:46:19 am »

I'll be there in a minute, my name is Silfurdreki, just like my forum name here

Edit: I'm the gut standing around with a fishing pole and a chef's hat. I'm lighting fires, to get some learning points while waiting.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 11:03:17 am by Silfurdreki »

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: July 11, 2009, 11:16:40 am »

I'm heading there right now.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: July 11, 2009, 11:37:37 am »

I'm going to be at the ring as well, okay? I wear a necromancer's cloak and a bandage 'round the head...

You can grant one citizenship on the run, right? You'd simply need to log out, log back in at the RoB, give me citizenship, log back in at your hearth and it'd be done...
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 11:43:08 am by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 171