Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 171

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth  (Read 209406 times)

Maric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth
« Reply #1230 on: June 07, 2009, 08:38:52 pm »

Thanks

niltrias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gaijinninjas.com
« Reply #1231 on: June 07, 2009, 09:37:45 pm »

Hey guys
Ive been wandering around the map trying to make contact with the other settlements, and I dont think I will need my bottlebeck house much in the near future.  So, if anynew people want to use it as a temporarry house/inn, go for it.  use the containers, drying racks, beehive, etc freely.  Only one rule - no claiming it as yours.  if two newbies want to use it, they share.  Oh, and no moving my runestone.

Its the house in the bottleneck with the runestone that says -- sinister townhouse.  pretty central location.
Gero! Gero! Bwahahahaha!

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: June 07, 2009, 09:51:20 pm »

Red lines - where the current completed wall starts and ends
White lines - progress of the "important district" wall within a wall
Dots - gates
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 10:57:47 pm by Wooty »
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: June 07, 2009, 10:32:48 pm »

Hawkfrost and I made a large road connecting us to the Rome Project road. Feel free to follow it to us.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

MarineElite

• Bay Watcher
  • The End is Nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: June 07, 2009, 10:38:13 pm »

I made it to the city at last! after getting pulverized and knocked down countless times by foxes, Game freezing and logging me out I still made it  ;D Looking forward to helping you guys build the wall.
Also to those it may concern How to bybass Troubles with your IP on Byond

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: June 07, 2009, 11:27:45 pm »

Looking forward to look on with disdain as more new immigrants and 'nobles' clog our streets with their filthy whining or demands.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: June 07, 2009, 11:38:18 pm »

Exactly how am I supposed to make runestones?
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: June 07, 2009, 11:44:21 pm »

Wall update - Hamel and meh just spent about 4 1/2 hours doing nothing but building fires and walking back and forth to a tree. Holy crap. So many fires. I got about 5500xp from the several hundred fires we did.

Big red thingys = extent of wall so far, ignore the one in the middle
Red line = Completed 6 fire thick wall
Black line= Completed 3 fire thick wall
White line= Completed 1-3 thick important wall within a wall wall
Yellow = gate
Purple = Planned wall
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: June 07, 2009, 11:56:10 pm »

sorry for being gone so long sonerohi. i was preoccupied with timesplitters 2. while i admit to taking the mining pick i never took any smithy hammer. i have never touched that hammer in the chest my whole time at this settlement. when will you be on next? i need to turn in this pick and i cant get past your huge ass claim.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: June 08, 2009, 02:49:07 am »

Holy shit that wall is big.

Nope. Nothing else to say as of yet. Just that...that wall is really fucking big.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: June 08, 2009, 06:36:25 am »

sorry for being gone so long sonerohi. i was preoccupied with timesplitters 2. while i admit to taking the mining pick i never took any smithy hammer. i have never touched that hammer in the chest my whole time at this settlement. when will you be on next? i need to turn in this pick and i cant get past your huge ass claim.

Well then shit, we lost the smithy's hammer to the server crash! I'm gonna be on like, right now and probably just on and off anytime after noon today.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Maric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: June 08, 2009, 06:55:45 am »

Screenshots of wall?
To busy working on uping my skills before exploring.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: June 08, 2009, 09:02:04 am »

Who the hell keeps harvesting without replanting? I swear, if I catch you I'll put a quiver of arrows in you.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Singularity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: June 08, 2009, 09:15:12 am »

Hmm... I was interested in this game -- still am, really -- but my internet is failing more and more lately, so no online games for me. :-\ Good luck to you all, though.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: June 08, 2009, 09:22:51 am »

I must point out that a good idea would be the Hearthfire gate idea. If we trust somebody with industry we allow them a space in the fence to make a Hearthfire that only they can go through. If the wall is thick enough, they would have to burn 5 fires to get around the hearthfire. Also, as far as we know tresspassing is not a skill that can bypass it.

So the idea is that Only those we trust with production we allow to make hearthfires at the gates and then more or less seal off the whole area to the world except for those hearthfires.

I imagine we should fill up the northern and southern gates first, as those access the trade road and the mines. Then if we don't have enough people available, we just seal off the other entrances.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 171